SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a new one?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dalts3759
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone seen this before... came as a result of me advertising a car in Autotrader. I checked with Autotrader and they have confirmed it is a known scam

Quote:
Please note this e-mail is from an interested customer not from Auto Trader.

Never reply to an e-mail that asks for personal information or copies of your vehicle documentation including the V5C. Keep vehicle documentation and details regarding your vehicle including your VIN number secure at all times.

If you are in doubt regarding an e-mail you have received, report it immediately to [email protected] or call us on 0845 345 3450.

The following customer is interested in the vehicle you are advertising on http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Received: 26 February 2009 09:20

Customer Details:
NAME: MR Richard Morolto
TELEPHONE: +447031933635
EMAIL: [email protected]

Vehicle Details:
MAKE: BMW
MODEL: M3
PRICE: £15899

I am interested in purchasing this vehicle ,it suits my requirements perfectly. I run tow private garages (Divine AutoMart) in Dublin and the other in the Netherlands. So i shuffle most of my time between the two.

THESE ARE MY TERMS OF TRANSACTION IF CAR IS EXACTLY AS STATED IN ADVERT:

1) I AM OKAY WITH THE STATED PRICE. BUT YOUR BEST OFFER WOULD ALSO BE APPRECIATED IN GBP.

2) I WILL BE PAYING WITH A BANKER'S DRAFT / CHEQUE WHICH I WILL ALLOW TO CLEAR BEFORE THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT OF THE

CAR.

3) I WILL INCLUDE FEES FOR SHIPMENT IN PAYMENT, THIS MY SHIPPING AGENCY WILL USE FOR PICK-UP AFTER DUE INSPECTION.

I will make arrangements with my shipping agent and make plans for a viewing date, a 10% deposit will be sent to you plus the funds for the shipping to hold the car for me till the shipper comes around for the inspection and viewing .

When i have word from him that the car is in good condition the balance for the funds will be given to you in

cash(GBP) in lieu of a cheque and the pick-up and final exchange of documents can take place,please email me if this arrangement is okay so i can know what to do .

The excess funds on deposit will go towards covering costs for Hauling, shippers fees, insurance, taxes and any other expenses that might be incurred getting it down to the new owner. I will want you to get in touch with the

following details if my terms are okay:

FULL NAME............................
ADDRESS........................
TELEPHONE NUMBERS...................(Mobile and Land)

As soon as i have your details,i can have payment effected immediately, all things being equal, we should have this

wrapped up by the end of next week..

Pls note that you'll have to send on the balance on the funds that you'll get to my shipper so he can come attend to the inspection and if all is well, pick up the car as soon as you make the car ready. I beleive that most transaction are based on trust,so i will look forward to a succesful transaction with you.

Best Regards,

Richard.

+447031903896/+447031933635.

This e-mail is sent on behalf of Trader Media Group Limited, registered office: Unit 6, Thatcham Business Village, Colthrop Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire RG19 4LW (Registered in England No. 4768840). This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definite scam. The check he'd send would eventually bounce, and the bank would require you to pay it off.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothings new, almost everyone selling anything on line will get this.

Las sends you a duff cheque, while it awaits the bounce, you get hit by the shipping charges, escrow, whatever - the agent will be the same lad, using a spoofed email. Of course, they only accept money via WU.

If you sell on eBay, they pretend to be eBay International quite often.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same scam as ever, cheque bounches, and you end up empty-handed. He does not name the car (notice his use of 'vehicle' all the time) so he can copy-paste the script. Try to get more info, or do you mind if we go and send him an accidental mail? If he reacts, it's fake. Oh, he might have real-life info from you, so please be careful, don't do anything out of the ordinary... Safety first Smile

Closed lad accounts
dalts3759
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice... I already established it was a scam and I won;t be taking this wonderfull offer up either Very Happy

I also don't think it would be safe for me to get involved because the scammer has my mobile number via Autotrader Ad... and my email address ... so please feel free to kill him Razz
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dalts3759 wrote:
... so please feel free to kill him Razz

If only it were legal...
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, i can't kill him, but i sure can give him a run for his marbles Razz

Closed lad accounts
sensestied
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

great site, just found it by googling "divine automart dublin" having received the same suspicious sounding email with my car also on autotrader for sale. knew it smelled fishy. keep up the good work and death to scammers
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Thank you for taking the trouble to show your appreciation!

You're always welcome here to read the fun and serious work we do, and hopefully join us by becoming a baiter and signing up for a mentor Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic