SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

vlad wants to send me money

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
boom shop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This one wants to send me it's commision from the fake sale of some painting it made, and then forward it via WU. I've never had one wanting to send me money before. Why would they do this? Where is the money from? Should I try to get the check? Confused

Dear xxxx,

How are you? I hope all is good.

And also i hope you wait our meeting.

I have very good news! My client inform me that written out a check and soon send it to you.

he say that to send it by Express mail. This information on this check:

- (Jackson County Historical Society) $2105,33

EO 957 594 615 US

He has told, that you can check up the sending status on an usps.com site.

xxxx when you receive and cash out it, you can send money to my father by

Western Union system. For this you should use this information:

first name: PAVEL

last name: SHERBAKOV

adress: Volgogradsky prospekt 21-112

City: MOSCOW

RUSSIA

xxxx, I hope we'll meet very soon.

Now I wish to find out VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:

1. Can you meet me at the airport?

2. You can meet me at any airport in the USA or only in your city?

3. How can i find you in the airport?

4. Have you hotel near your house?

5. How many there is a hotel? How many I should pay for residing in hotel during 15 Days?

6. Have you have a free time for to spend it with me? I understand,

that you work also I respect your work.

But I hope you can spend with me time after work and in the days off.

xxxx, it is very important questions. Please answer as soon as possible.

Now I should plan my trip. Also I will send you the flight schedule soon.

(An arrival time and flight number.)

I am assured, that it will be the most unforgettable vacation in my life!!!

Also please send me ALL your telephone numbers.

(A home telephone number, an office number, cellular)

To a meeting!!!

Your Svetlana.

I love it when they talk dirty!
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like he wants you to play mule... Take the cheque, hand it over to your bank/law officer, and tell em what happened. They can then find out who sent the money, and perhaps help some innocent person. Remember : if the sender finds out who cashed it, and you send it on, you're in an international laundering scheme, and face quite some years of prison/a nice fine. Oh, and then the bastard behind it gets away with it. LEO is way to go here.

Closed lad accounts
Diana Prince
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boom shop:

(a) Are you "safe-baiting"? How in the world would your vlad sent you something via "Express mail" unless they had -- or were expecting you to give them -- an address?
< "danger, Will Robinson, danger" >

(b) If you want to try to actually get the check, well, that is the sort of situation for which the Eater "drop-boxes" exist (with carefully disguised addresses and procedures for receiving items) . . . after which, as Ethian has already said, you should not, not, not actually try to cash the check, but you will have decisions to make about how to handle it further.

(c) You asked "Why would they do this?" If you use the "search" function to look up "check mule" /"cheque mule" you will see that the scammers are likely expecting you to deposit it into your own LEGITIMATE account, and then forward to them or to a confederate a huge percentage of the amount . . . after which, weeks or months later, they will have disappeared -- once your bank has discovered that this is a fraud, and comes to collect the full amount from you.

(d) You seem to be doing very well so far, but perhaps -- if you don't already have a mentor -- there is a more experienced eater who would enjoy advising you as you move this along?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems the others have this one covered.

When I read the thread title I was expecting account flashing, using a compromised credit card they deposit funds into a victims bank account and ask that those funds are forwarded by Western Union, some time later the owner of the account realises that money is missing, tells their bank who then tell the police who knock on your door.

The cheque scam is not much different really in the way it works.

As Diana said, there are some concerns about how safely you are baiting, if you haven't already done so, take a look at the romance baiting sticky, there is a link in my signature line Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
boom shop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Diana Prince wrote:
boom shop:

(a) Are you "safe-baiting"? How in the world would your vlad sent you something via "Express mail" unless they had -- or were expecting you to give them -- an address?
< "danger, Will Robinson, danger" >

I already gave them a bogus address, the one I gave them is actually about 100 feet out into Lake Michigan Wink I didn't want to give them my real one, concerned about some Russian knuckle dragger showing up at my door looking for the money. Confused But I could always tell them I'm moving or something and to forward it to my real one, but I don't think I'm going to bother.

Quote:
(b) If you want to try to actually get the check, well, that is the sort of situation for which the Eater "drop-boxes" exist (with carefully disguised addresses and procedures for receiving items) . . . after which, as Ethian has already said, you should not, not, not actually try to cash the check, but you will have decisions to make about how to handle it further.

I really dont want to go through all the trouble with drop boxes, was just thinking of waiting till the money gets sent, pretend I received it telling them I'm going to report them to the Dept. of Justice or something. That way they back off and leave the guy they got the money from alone and he gets it back (because Lake Michigan isn't getting mail at the moment). haha I'm telling... you go to gulag now Exclamation Razz

I was thinking of giving the money to some charity though if I did cash it.

Quote:
(c) You asked "Why would they do this?" If you use the "search" function to look up "check mule" /"cheque mule" you will see that the scammers are likely expecting you to deposit it into your own LEGITIMATE account, and then forward to them or to a confederate a huge percentage of the amount . . . after which, weeks or months later, they will have disappeared -- once your bank has discovered that this is a fraud, and comes to collect the full amount from you.

I guess that did cross my mind (the whole mule thing), either that or it was some pissed off scammer trying to get my home address. Wasn't sure. This is the first "cheque mule" scam I've seen.

Quote:
(d) You seem to be doing very well so far, but perhaps -- if you don't already have a mentor -- there is a more experienced eater who would enjoy advising you as you move this along?

It's nice to know there is a place like 419 and all it's inhabitants to turn to, I'm glad I found it. Very Happy

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ boom shop,
A couple of things i would like to double check / comment on

Quote:
I already gave them a bogus address, the one I gave them is actually about 100 feet out into Lake Michigan Wink I didn't want to give them my real one, concerned about some Russian knuckle dragger showing up at my door looking for the money. Confused

All good so far

Quote:
But I could always tell them I'm moving or something and to forward it to my real one, but I don't think I'm going to bother.

Shocked :yikes: I think that sums it up, dont ever give your real address under any circumstances

Quote:
I really dont want to go through all the trouble with drop boxes,

I must confess that I have never bothered one of the drop box operators but from what I know they are very easy to use, even I could do it, also note that the drop boxes are there to be used, in the premium members section you will find the modalities for using them and so long as you follow the guidlines it will not be a problem

Quote:
was just thinking of waiting till the money gets sent, pretend I received it

Great idea Wink
Quote:
telling them I'm going to report them to the Dept. of Justice or something.

No, please dont, it is much better to leave a scammer wondering why his victim isn't as compliant as he should be, by telling them anything, you will achieve nothing and run the risk of teaching the scammer, you are best off to use that fake address and keep making excuses, if you play your cards right you may even be able to get another cheque sent to the middle of the lake
Quote:
That way they back off and leave the guy they got the money from alone

The cheque is fake and if it does happen to be from a real persons account, a new victim may be more compliant, keep baiting and keep wasting as much time as you can, if you want to take the scammers suffering to a higher lever to prevent some victims, post all the details at Scamwarners Wink

Quote:
and he gets it back (because Lake Michigan isn't getting mail at the moment). haha I'm telling... you go to gulag now Exclamation Razz

I was thinking of giving the money to some charity though if I did cash it.

Never cash a cheque sent to you by a lad, it may take months for the bank to find it is fake and you will not only be liable for the full amount plus a dishonour fee but also facing criminal charges

Quote:
I guess that did cross my mind (the whole mule thing), either that or it was some pissed off scammer trying to get my home address. Wasn't sure. This is the first "cheque mule" scam I've seen.

And probably not the last, lads are usually more into teh cheque scams but it does go to show that scammers alike are happy to adapt

Quote:
It's nice to know there is a place like 419 and all it's inhabitants to turn to, I'm glad I found it. Very Happy

That it is, but if you are impressed with what goes on here, you will be equally impressed with what goes on at Scamwarners Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not be nice and give it the money for its impending visit, Tell it is more than enough to pay for everything. I wonder how much it will wriggle about trying to create its next ask or offer when you have already been so generous.

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Huh, I don't follow... If you think of sending a covered cheque/wire transfer/whatever to this guy : Just DONT. If you plan on just saying you got the cash, and you try to make him cash a fakey one, DO... Just play dumb, try to explain that you really tried your best to send the money, but oops... it got lost somewhere or so. As long as he thinks you're a nice and complying mugu, he'll be mailing (so make the b.tard pay for it with his time and quotes).

As a premio, you can ask some help with the drop boxes, and turn the thing in for LEO, so perhaps someone can be educated, and gets his/her money back. The rest seems covered already, just promise me you won't ever think of giving one of these your real addy. Thank you Smile

Closed lad accounts
Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They won't have any interest. It's a pathetic sum of money. The next thing that will come is a message from a sympathetic LEO investigating it, and of course it involves lodging an affidavit which you have to pay for by WU transfer IN ADVANCE.

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
boom shop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ethian wrote:
Huh, I don't follow... If you think of sending a covered cheque/wire transfer/whatever to this guy : Just DONT.

No I'm not sending anything, I gave a false address (it doesn't exist) to send to. The cheque would just be returned to sender, and they guy would get his money back, and of course figure something was up.

Quote:
If you plan on just saying you got the cash, and you try to make him cash a fakey one, DO... Just play dumb, try to explain that you really tried your best to send the money, but oops... it got lost somewhere or so. As long as he thinks you're a nice and complying mugu, he'll be mailing (so make the b.tard pay for it with his time and quotes).

Not sure what you mean. You want me say I got the cheque, and then send him a false one instead?

Quote:
As a premio, you can ask some help with the drop boxes, and turn the thing in for LEO, so perhaps someone can be educated, and gets his/her money back. The rest seems covered already, just promise me you won't ever think of giving one of these your real addy. Thank you Smile

What's a LEO? I did a search but couldn't find anything. I really don't want to go through all the trouble with drop boxes and/or orchestrating sting operations, I just want to waste this low life's time for as long as I can. I enjoy bating and all, but I don't want to go through that much trouble.

And I won't give out my address Wink

boom shop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Began Steele wrote:
They won't have any interest. It's a pathetic sum of money. The next thing that will come is a message from a sympathetic LEO investigating it, and of course it involves lodging an affidavit which you have to pay for by WU transfer IN ADVANCE.

I gave a false address and name, I'm not going to have to worry about this right?

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A LEO is a Law Enforcement Officer Wink

Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no don't send him a fake check (they may be able to use it later on)

use tools that hide the M7CN number on western union, demand a bank wire because you don't trust western union or money gram.

Tell him you're sending a check in the mail (somehow it got lost).

most likely the check WON"T be sent back to him since he's most likely used a fake name & return address.

if he sends you a check by delivery - you haven't gotten it, when they send you the tracking info, hmmm that's strange a neighbor must have carried it off - the delivery company puts things at your door and it's not the first thing that has disappeared since you moved there...

get a mentor to help find the right tools and help you with your baits - they're cool to have

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
boom shop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:
A LEO is a Law Enforcement Officer Wink

lol thanks Murry, I knew it would be something simple like that. Embarassed

Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic