SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Organizing Safari Hotspots - How consistant are IP addys?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I was thinking - a lot of IP addresses resolve to US Sat providers for the internet cafes for lads on safari. Also, usually the best we hope for is an IP address to resolve to a city and thats the best we can do.

Anyone in IT have an idea how much we could use known IP addresses for certain locations as starting points to compare our lads to? For example, if we somehow knew an email was coming from the "cybercafe of 1st street and main street in cotounu (or whatever the african variant is) ", and we said that the IP address was XX.XX.XX.YY, how likely would it be that the cybercafe consistantly gets similar IPs?

I realize that most IPs are dynamic and the satellite factor may throw things off, I'm just thinking out loud here. Would it be totally unreliable to think that an IP in the same block as a SAT provider that's known to be previously at a certain cybercafe would be at the same cybercafe a month later?

Or do the sat provider IPs dynamically hop all over the world?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you throw the ip# in this site http://www.nextwebsecurity.com/LocationTools.asp and you get a "known scammer" then it usually comes with a location and an IP-block too.
You could always ask your friend to use a different service from another location to make sure no one finds out about this secret transaction Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the IP of the cafe in Abeche, thanks to the work of baiters who have sent a lad to thet wonderful corner of the universe (take a look at it with google earth, just for shits and giggles).

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am not sure if it applies or not, but there's also Fich's "Lad IP Finder".

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1283411#1283411

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, thanks for that neat tool! I'm going to have to start using that.

What I really meant was more along the lines of "Do the IP addresses of cybercafes really change much?"

Like Dr. Stephen Williams said, he has the IP of the cafe in Abeche. It'd be nice if we could have a list of a couple of common hotspots that we send lads to (say, Cotounu, Accra, Abuja, etc) so if we get an IP from a lad on safari but it shows up as satellite, we might have an idea of where he is.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic