SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Driving Licence scams!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
limey1973
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This website and its clone web sites are clearly trying to defraud people. The driving licenses they are trying to sell are also highly suspect and may be attractive to unwitting people in the US and UK.

Due to its name of (backdoordl), the website aroused my curiosity. I work in Security. It seems a lot of people have been taken in too - even in the US looking at bulletin boards.

At backdoordl, I found a professional website divided into three areas: French, German and English.
The office address, undoubtedly fake, written into the contact page was in the UK. There was no phone number; they said it would be provided only to clients who ordered. Despite some inconsistencies here and there, it was also explained the company did not accept any postal contact. Because photo and signature were needed to create the new driving license, they had to be scanned by the buyer and then sent via email.

The registrar was ENOM Inc. and registration details protected via “WhoisGuard” service thus masking the true identity of the domain-name registrant and preventing public access to that information through its (and any) WHOIS database.

Getting on with my searches, I discovered the backdoordl site was not unique. Almost half a dozen nearly exact copies were also easily available online:
notestdl.com
mrpermis.com
losedl.com
idleurope.com

If you contact their email addresses they are ever so friendly too!
[email protected]
[email protected]
However I'm pretty sure if anyone its taken in and pays that they will get no further responses! So please be careful!

Domain registrants’ WHOIS information is also hidden or made with seemingly bogus data.
The risks are numerous in a story like this. The first one: You are not assured to receive this document. For sure, your bank account will be debited, but getting the license in return is less certain. And fear the worst for your personal data (plus your photo, plus your signature) that you will send to these guys. This information would be perfect for making forged papers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic