SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Fake cheque scam

View next topic
View previous topic

grs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A few months ago I posted about how I got caught in one of these scams where they send you a cheque for something that is more than you asked and then you have to send back the balance.
Well thier are trying it again. I was selling a dinghy before and the ad I placed must have been automatically reposted - I have actually just sold the dinghy last night to a couple in person, who paid cash. I just hope the notes aren't fake!!

Again, the email is coming out of Nigeria and he says someone will make the payment on his behalf, so I'm guessing the cheque will be posted from Dublin, which is where I live. The email address is with yahoo.com.au
Mr Wang
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just ignore it. If you really want to bait the guy however, create a new email address (with fake information of course) and send him an ASEM (accidently sent email) asking him vaguely about the payment details of something.

Closed lad accounts x 3ish?
huckleberry
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, if you want to bait him just make sure you use the utmost precaution in protecting your identity. If it works it will make you feel better for what happened earlier.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i was looking at the pictures of fake chques in the pictures forum. I am amazed, how many fake cheques are out there and some of them are top quality fakes. No wonder Nigeria rakes in over 1.5 billion in 419 a year

Closed lad accounts x11
grs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Below is the conact details of the last person who had a go at scamming me:

James Bone [email protected]

I had someone else have a go the other day, from the same ad! The this guy even has a shipping website, saying they will collect. He claims to be British, with an email address registered at Yahoo Australia and the shipping company he claims in England with an address in London but the domain (.cc.cc) is a of a small island in the south Pacific!! If you google his name it's seen in scam before.

Albert Amando [email protected] 447035972746 JOHNWORLDWIDESHIPPING.CC.CC

Both these guy are after me from an ad I placed on boatshop.ie I don't really remember placing the ad, (I placed a lot of ad over several week) Maybe it's a good site for baiting them(?)
hhv01
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

grs wrote:

Both these guy are after me from an ad I placed on boatshop.ie I don't really remember placing the ad, (I placed a lot of ad over several week) Maybe it's a good site for baiting them(?)

I don't have knowledge of the boatshop you quoted. Just fine, if you can place ads there FOC. A quite good site to attract them could be Craigslist. The ads are free, you only have to quote your email address, and high-priced items such as boats, cars, etc. attract them like flies smelling a heap of shit.

Alway remember that they are criminals. Protect your identity. Get yourself a fresh email address and invent a new name, age, gender, nationality, etc.

Regards,

Riffraff.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If they sent you to a fake shipping website, it needs to be killed. What is the website address?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

grs wrote:
Below is the conact details of the last person who had a go at scamming me:

James Bone [email protected]

I had someone else have a go the other day, from the same ad! The this guy even has a shipping website, saying they will collect. He claims to be British, with an email address registered at Yahoo Australia and the shipping company he claims in England with an address in London but the domain (.cc.cc) is a of a small island in the south Pacific!! If you google his name it's seen in scam before.

Albert Amando [email protected] 447035972746 JOHNWORLDWIDESHIPPING.CC.CC

Sorry, 447035972746 is the phone number, its a UK number and JOHNWORLDWIDESHIPPING.CC.CC is the shipping website.

I am pretty sure it's a scam, I sent a reply email saying the cost of the boat has gone up due to other interest the thing is I'm asking several times the value, if they go for it its a scam or some idiot with more money than sense!!
DoraTheExplorer
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi grs and welcome to Eater!

That is one sad website! Good find! http://www.johnworldwideshipping.cc.cc/

Just taking a very quick look at it and it looks pretty fakey to me. On the contacts page here: http://www.johnworldwideshipping.cc.cc/store_about_and_contact_us.php:

Quote:
+4466478855

I couldn't find that phone number here: http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=phonenr

Quote:
Note: This telephone number is most likely a United Kingdom number. Specific information on this number range is not available. This might mean that this particular telephone number does not exist. Should this be incorrect, be sure to notify us.

And the address:

Quote:

2 Brook Court, Clays Lane, london
United Kingdom
E152DR

Google maps couldn't find it for me. But did find one here:

Quote:

Brook Court
2 Green Pond Rd, Waltham Forest, London E17, UK

So none of that adds up.

The phone number from your scam email 447035972746 looks like a personal re-direct number. So it really could be anywhere in the world.

Quote:

Information on phone number range +44 70359XXXXX

Number billable as personal number
Country or destination United Kingdom
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Open Telecom International Ltd.

*) Number portability has not been taken into account

This site should be posted up in our Fake Banks and Sites and killed if it is determined to be fake. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

Here are the posting guidelines: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148917 and some more information from our FB mod-goddess, Ima: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157288

Please post up the scam email mention the site and the headers. You can take out the details of your email addy, but leave the rest unleeted, please. (That forum is behind a login, so it's ok to do that.)

Also, you can link your post to this thread, if you like. Then you can kill the site if you like. This is where you would post to get more information about that: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146032. We have some great site killing mentors that would love to help you! Come kill a site and get a flag in your siggy! But if you aren't interested now in killing the site, another killer will do it gladly!

Again, great catch and I look forward to seeing your post in FB!

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic