SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Domain Name Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As an owner of a few domains in RL I have received one of the .cn domain name scams:

Quote:

From - Thu Feb 12 18:57:26 2009
X-Account-Key: account4
X-UIDL: DC2FBA7285A1471A903DFBBDEB7FA01C
X-Mozilla-Status: 0003
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:
Received: from ngbrwly.net ([117.86.22.49]) by [mywebhost] with MailEnable ESMTP; Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:57:29 +0000
Received: from dgcpvokry (unknown [189.246.218.112])
by smtp40(ha) with SMTP id QvxAgAE17y2azh0f.1
for <mymailaddress>; Fri, 13 Feb 2009 02:57:17 +0800 (CST)
X-Originating-IP: [189.246.218.112]
Message-ID: <20090213025717107724@ngbrwly>
To: <my mail address>
Subject: Notice of Intellectual Property Protection
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 02:57:09 +0800
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0854_010A6287.134B1A00"
X-mailer: Foxmail 5.0 [cn]
X-ME-Bayesian: 0.000000
Return-Path: <[email protected]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

With a mime body:

Quote:
We are a domain name registration service company in China. Yesterday we received a formal application submited by Mr. Steven who wanted to use the keyword "mydomainname" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.

After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We don’t know whether you have any relation with Mr.Steven. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down the registration of Mr.Steven, but if we do not get your company’s any reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve this application soon. In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by fax or email as soon as possible.

Treey
Attorney at law of Legal Department

Tel: 86 0513 8011 8536
Fax: 86 0513 8011 8539
Email:[email protected]
Web: www.ntwifinetwork.com

The last time it happened I bought the domains and offered to sell them back. The scammer was less than pleased.

I can't bait him because he has my RL details from the whois query. I have however sent him several pages of cut and paste legalese about domain registration, passing off, brand dilution etc. I've also said I am going to register the domains (they are all available) in order to resolve the dispute. If his customer wants them I am of course open to offers. I have both the .co.uk and the .com registrations for the domain name. I have offered to transfer the .com to him domain for $10,000.

I'm not sure whether a gaijin can register .cn domains but if he pisses me off enough I'll make enquries.

The Website is good but IMO fake. The NIC record has only just been created and they have forgotten to put a page behind the successful cases tab.

If it is not relevant here I'm going to report them to internic and cnnic.

Also posted on scamwarners.[/quote]

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic