SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Multiple copies of e-mails

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
H_Potter
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am currently corresponding with a lad pretending to be the pastor of a church in India. Every time he e-mails me, I get exactly seven copies of the exact same e-mail delivered to my inbox, all sent from the same address. Why is he doing this?

I wonder if he has been baited before - one of my favorite things to do with lads who seem more impatient than the rest is to claim that I am not receiving their e-mails, so they have to waste a few days sending me the same message (usually containing WU payment details) four or five times.

"Why did you send me a fake money do not pay with me i did not have any business with you" - Barrister Tony Lehman
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1311250&highlight=#1311250

This idea by Grooble is excellent, I have used it many times to delay. It is simple and very effective.

"Ghost admin" 12th post.

Maybe it should be a sticky or in tools.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just replied differently to each of the duplicate messages, often contradicting what I said in each email. cventually they cut it down to only one reply.

I like Gh0st's modality too.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
spot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

H_Potter wrote:
Every time he e-mails me, I get exactly seven copies of the exact same e-mail delivered to my inbox, all sent from the same address. Why is he doing this?

If the messages are time stamped close together, what often happens (especially if your Lad is on the end of a slow connection) after he clicks <Send> his system will seem to freeze and so he hits <send> a few more times resulting in multiple copies.

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Just realised and agree with spot.

Sometimes it happens with vlads using bat or voyager too, especially when I am baiting from multiple characters, sometimes three or four characters of mine will receive their mails multiple times from the same vlad.

Edit to add - (v3.99.) Voyager Professional - similar to bat.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
H_Potter
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting, thanks for the opinions & info! I like the idea of responding to multiple copies with contradictory info. This will serve me well in this bait as my character is supposedly making plans to visit India to bring the pastor money and clothing. I will be arriving on Air India...no wait, American Airlines, on the 15th...no wait, make that the 16th...

"Why did you send me a fake money do not pay with me i did not have any business with you" - Barrister Tony Lehman
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic