SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Losing sleep over a Laptop...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But for all the wrong reasons.

Im very careful with the websites I use, but didnt have any anti-spyware and upon the recomendation of a friend, downloaded Spybot S&D last night.

I started downloading around midnight-ish. I wasnt expecting it to take too long, but because I was in the backroom in my house, I didnt get a very good wireless signal, so it took quite a while to download.

So, in total, I spent over an hour downloading it and doing a full system scan. And what, after all that hassle, did I find?

2 cookies. 2 cookies that I could have got rid of just by using the "clear cookies" option on Firefox. I stayed up till half past one this morning doing that. I was exhausted this morning, and actually harbour a slight resentment for it now! Laughing

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need a little more than Spybot S&D to ensure your computer is as clean as possible and 100% risky free, then you need good protection if you're playing with lads and especially vlads on an ongoing basis.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mind and update Spybot weekly, it;s usually Thursdays they bring out the new stuff
Please tell me you've got an anti virus on the laptop
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use kaspersky/spybot(with teatimer)/Tor(last is for anon on the web Wink ). But before I hauled on something like that I used the old Free AVG. that program is great. There are plenty of free software out there. but be carefull some of it is malware and spyware in itself! Shocked

Edit: If you want a quick scan form a good Virus software, Kaspersky Labs has a free online scanner, no hoops to go through. Also TrendMicro PC has a GREAT online scanner, very conprehensive. Just thought I'd add that in. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, Ive got Antivirus, firewalls, Firefox and a whole load of other stuff that I dont quite know how to use.

My friend installed it all for me, he's an IT analyst so I assume he knows his stuff!

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The absolute best protection is common sense. I haven't had a virus on my system (well intentionally) since 2003. Avoid the pr0n sites and those banner ads giving away free screensavers.

As far as viruses and baiting, don't open any attachments unless you scan them and don't read any read.notify emails and you should be fine.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

get yourself a free copy of adaware it finds stuff spybot dont

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic