SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Russian Detective: Now charging fees?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From my early days in the romance forum I was encouraged to post romance scammers details at russian detective, especially those clearly from Yoshkar etc.

I've just nearly directed a newer member there, and I see they are now charging a fee for checking out possible scammers:
Quote:
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND CHECKS IN RUSSIA: FROM $75 AND UP.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND CHECKS IN UKRAINE: FROM $85 AND UP.
SCAM CHECKS - FROM $52 AND UP
ASSISTANCE WITH PROSECUTION OF RUSSIAN DATING SCAMMERS
ONLY PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATORS. NO "LAWYERS."
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
FREE PHONE / EMAIL CONSULTATIONS.
FREE SCAM EVALUATIONS.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

There is also a load of bollocks about investigations being farmed out to someone called Yulia. (She clearly does the very easy and very lucrative google searches then). More complicated google searches (taking more than 10 seconds) involve someone called Elena.

Nice work if you can get it. 85 US dollars for a google search. Rolling Eyes

Bottom line: What has happened with this site?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no idea, I do know that some of our older members were members there as well but I doubt they would have been condoning that Wink

Silly question but I am finding it a little hard to believe, are you sure you have the Russiandetective

Just adding, I just lifted this from one of Stepan's posts http://russiandetective.forumup.org/ is this the same site you found?

After taking a look around I see no sign of any payment requirements, I do however see some known faces giving professional advice freely to those who ask.

I dont know what you were looking at Mugatu, but I am leaning strongly towards a fake site that has stolen Russiandetectives name.

I will wait until you get back before doing anything but I believe a PM to one of our friends from Russiandetective may be in order to let them know whats going on Wink

Editing once again
This appears to be where you went http://www.russian-detective.com/ which includes a link to the forum where you can get free advice.

I have no idea Mugatu, I am beginning to think your right Sad

There is lots of free advice available but there is also lots of paid for advice that is much more prominantly displayed than the free stuff.

Maybe I should try and get a job there, I could make a killing Cool

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your thoughts Murry.

I've had a chat with our old friend Wayne, and he has helpfully explained. It turns out that (as you said) the forums are still the same places they always were, and members there are happy to do all the usual checks that we do.

The cash part comes in when someone (a possible victim) is getting no hits through the usual methods... the 2 site staff do background checks on the person concerned and claim to actually track them down in person.
In short, it's like you're hiring a private detective.

I'm happy the forums are still up and running and providing their usual good (and free!) advice. Smile
I'm really not sure there is a need for the "paid" services, and I'm still a little uncomfortable I suppose.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess they need to pay for the site somehow, I dont necessarily agree with the concept but I have seen much worse recently by way of www.antiscamers.com (yes, feel free to advertise their name, so long as you mention on the same line that its a complete con) They will tell you they can get scam victims money back and charge about $300 for their paid service, they also will not give you advice on how to help yourself for free, it's all about their paid for service

Russian detective will encourage and show you how to look for info before recommending the paid for services, well, so I hope Wink

Edit to add
Just on the offchance that somebody does find this after a serch on antiscamers, No They can not get your money back, it is a tactic they use to further part you of your money, better free services by persons more qualified can be found at www.scamwarners.com

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are some victims who will only accept they are being scammed if they pay for the information....

RD does not steer people to the paid services unless it's the last resort.
The lady who owns the site, maintains a small staff, exclusive of the board, who do on the ground investigations.
The fees she charges are modest, and she has been successful in getting money (some) returned in a few cases, which usually are plea bargain type things involving small time scammers, usually students.
(The 'student' thing is not the norm for this type of scam.)
The normal small gangs are usually out of reach.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Stepan, that's much as Wayne said. Cheers for clarifying things.

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info Stepan Wink

I know some people dont think good advice can be free, the paid for stuff has got to be better Rolling Eyes

I can see a huge difference in the way RD operates compared to these other clowns and the good work RD does (especially the free stuff) is to be commended

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic