SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Got Sent a MS Word File

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lad sent me a .doc file to fill out for one bait I'm doing, but I'm going to use the old "I can't open it" routine. Is there any format I can ask him to convert it to that would waste his time?
ramsey
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

time to de-educate him. tell him Microsoft Office suite in no longer used outside Africa. tell him to get word perfect or some obscure application.

Closed lad accounts x11
dutchkroket
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is this program called Ami-Pro. It was bought by Lotus some time ago. Nowadays it's called Wordpro. It's a true hell to get that program working on Windows XP or Vista.
ramsey
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

don't forget to tell the lad to un-install office/word before installign WordPro.

and yes, you have to find the URL for wordpro for him because he is too lazy to google it.

Closed lad accounts x11
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just deleted 2 posts from this topic which talked about sending virus's to lads and sending them to infected sites.

419eater does not condone the sending of virus or any other malicios programs, so don't post suggesting things like that, any posts mentioning it will be deleted.

You might want to frequent yourself with the forum rules:

What is absolutely not allowed

Quote:
We do not support the sending of viruses and “trojans” to the scammers, nor attempts to hack or hijack their email accounts and/or computers. Viruses and “trojans” will be unknowingly spread to the computers of innocent people and we are only trying to make it difficult for the scammers. On top of that, the spreading of viruses and hacking attempts is an illegal activity in the UK, where this Board is located, as well as many other jurisdictions. Please do not start topics on such subjects. Such threads can and will be deleted on sight.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MS Office is obsolete - too funny! Another option is tell them that you can't open a doc file and it needs to be a pdf. They would probably need to pay to get a full version of Adobe in order to convert.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could also tell your lad that your computer is old and too slow to handle all those new fangled file formats. Tell him he has to print them himself and then scan them to you.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
RezoTheRed
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would suggest using a US Secret Service fax number and ask him to send it that way. Hopefully it will throw a tail on him.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Rezo, no, using a US Secret Service fax number is not a good idea, they are a third party and can do without receiving crap from lads when they have more serious matters to deal with, as per your other post that i deleted for talking about sending virus's, go and read the forum rules before posting again.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You may also tell him that you are using the newest version of MSWord and he will need to upgrade to the 2008 version so you can view the document.

When he does that, tell him your office just upgraded to 2009 and you still can't view the document. Very Happy

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wait till he installs word, then suddenly realise you meant works, or vice versa.

Twisted Evil

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I send them a bounce like this:

Quote:

Gh0st4dm1n Web S3curity v3.3.9874 Jan 2009

This mail (copy below) was was not delivered to the user [email protected].

Gh0st4dm1n d3tected a m4licious scr1pt in [document name] that c0uld c0mpromise the users system.

Your address [repeat his address] is p3rmanen7ly blocked. Pl3as3 contact the administrator at [another 4dmin-like address] who will give you furth3r instructions on how to 3nsure your computer is up to d4te and the files properly cl3an3d

(l33t3ed because I'm likely to use it again (and again))

The admin is a b0fh and gets him to send 'proof' that his machine is up to date. Directory listings, screenshots, photos are all doable if the lad thinks he is close to closing the deal.

Meanwhile the maga is frantically writing to the lad to find out what is wrong and why he has gone quiet but all the lad gets is bounce messages.

After wasting his time for a couple of weeks the admin reluctantly agrees to let mail through. For a while...

Rinse and repeat...

p4ksw4ng ignored the admin at first but he ended up on his knees begging.

[/quote][/quote]

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Grooble.

Excellent, will certainly use your idea.

Laughing

Goat
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Groogle, Great idea...will definitely file that one away for future reference.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just thought it could work against the gmail lads too:

gmail is blocked in the server because it has been identified as the source of scams. Apply to the admin to unblock your address by proving you are not a scammer...

just a thought...

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've let him know that I cannot open the forms, and that he needs MS Word 2009 and Adobe Acrobat. Does MS Word 2009 even exist? Laughing Once that fails I'll try getting him to perhaps print the pages, scan them in JPEG, and then e-mail them. But then he'll discover my MS Paint is acting up Smile

Will post an update tomorrow.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simple...

1) visit e-fax
2) get an 070 free fax-to-email gateway number
3) he has to fax you the forms (at *ouch* per minute)
4) rinse and repeat

Now lets see how long he wants you to complete those forms for him Wink

Edit: value-added mirth...once the fax modality has dried up, get him to type all the questions off the forms into an email, you can answer them, then he can write them on the form for you.
Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonder if anyone has told a lad that their PC just died and they need to encode their form in PETSCII so they can view it on their C64. Better yet, use an ascii to PETSCII converter and tell them that they need a C64 to read the form which needs to be printed out on an apple laser writer using GEOS...

Ok, now I am just being insane....
hhv01
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Proto419 wrote:
Wonder if anyone has told a lad that their PC just died and they need to encode their form in PETSCII so they can view it on their C64. Better yet, use an ascii to PETSCII converter and tell them that they need a C64 to read the form which needs to be printed out on an apple laser writer using GEOS...

Geos is nice ...LOL

I had a similar idea working a lotto zillion dollar prize last year.

Told the lad that my PC was virus infected and could not receive any email attachments.

I asked him to split his form into portions of 160 bytes each and to send them as SMS to my mobile phone. Didn't work, though. Seems to be very difficult to get lotto scammers off their script.

Riffraff
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks again Grooble

used your Gh0st4dm1n Web S3curity v3.3.9874 today because a lad sent 2 attachments I did not like the look of.

Simple and effective tool that can be useful for causing lad stress and covering our own asses.

Laughing

Goat
Mr Wang
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the document has a fair few pages, you could make him print screen them and send them as jpeg files. If you need to write on them and send them back, then you could send 20mb bmp files or use the lovely dll modality.

Closed lad accounts x 3ish?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic