SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Clever repackaging of an old scam.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SHIPPOU
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was doing Crags List, and ran across this. I thought the person's English was a bit odd the first time I read it, but missed the scam. I reread it and than found it to be a check scam, remade by a clever lad.

Here is the ad, and reply I received.

Quote:

Hello,How you doing?
My name is Andrew lampard ,i from from Ky and right now i work in Michigan I read your description and am interested in your services,I just brought some computers and they are are laptops pentium 4 dell computer ..i want you to Install software such as Microsoft Office and Antivirus, clean inner & outer computer components, update software to current status,Get back to me with you total cost for the services of 4 computer and also all the software you need will come with the computers .i will like You to know that my mode of payment is by cashier check and also i have a shipper who will bring them to you and also bring them back when you are done with them... I await your urgent response so that i can put the arrangement in order.
Thanks

Hello,
I really do appreciate your effort and i will Love to do Payment with you soon. However, based on your mail i will be making a payment for the 4 Computers.I must confess I'm comfortable with the cost and its quite reasonable and affordable. I had like to make the payment for the Computer ahead of my shipper arrival,My shipper will be coming with the 4 Softwares for the installations of the Computers I'll be sending cashier check for payment for $1800 from which i'll like you to deduct the fees for the 4 Computers and help me send therest balance to my the shipper that will move the Computer from mine place to your for your Service because i will be going on a visit to Nevada today. I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment. If this is okay with you let me have the following
information, Full name, Address & Phone No. for the payment to be made out to you.I hope i can trust you and i can as well be trusted. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a good time.
Regard .,

Quote:
I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is 100% hitch and risk free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It makes me so sick and tired that this is considered acceptable and that 419ers convince themselves it's "just a game". Maybe you've got a smarter than average one there if they invented the format change, in which case slowly work him up to the point of tears and make "the game" seem a lot less fun.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was reported here two months ago.
I expect it's sent to all all Craiglist advertisers providing computer services.

EDIT: I've checked on Google here. Loads of hits going back to at least May 2008.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
SHIPPOU
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Boy I am out of date on new formats. Shocked

Quote:
I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is 100% hitch and risk free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic