SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How many scammers are out there?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Brad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am pretty new to screwing with the scamers, but was wondering how many people are out there doing this? Don't you think they would catch on after a while. I am assuming most went out looking for guest books and signed them. Depending how the pages are index by the search engine I am assuming that most would of signed the same guest book. Therefore the same scammer probably sends it out to a lot of people just waiting to mess with them. I was amazed by the number of emails I got back in the first 24 hours. I created my story/character and sent out a ton of responses. I have not head back from a lot of them or it is pretty clear they did not read my email very clearly.

What do you guys/gals think? Are we all baiting the same dorks?
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorks - Mostly

Criminals - All

Number out there.... 737,835,634.5 at the last count

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly no, we aren't all baiting the same group. They are all over the world. I've gotten emails from all the continents but Antarctica (yet...). We hope that people eventually do catch on which is why places like ScamWarners (our sister site) post scam emails so if people search the web they can come across them and learn before it's too late.

Don't forget, lads don't only go for greedy victims; some fall prey to fake jobs or are scammed while selling items.

Some lads may take a few days to reply to your emails, some may never reply (that's why you generally send out replies to quite a few). Good luck with your future baits, hope you hook a few in.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Don't you think they would catch on after a while
only if you tell them of course. Wink
My friends leave me alone, frustrated, not knowing what went wrong and where, but they wasted their time and have no money to show for.
My character is still willing to help out, but there's no progress so they get bored a bit with him. Some will even email me again after months and try to pick up the story, too bad my memory is so bad that they never make it through the explanations of the last time they we're writing me. After the sixth email I answer them" Yes I do remember you now, I paid you lots of money and you never gave me my part of money, how about that?" and they're off to the dark again Twisted Evil

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How many scammers are out there? A high Nigerian official - I've forgotten his name - attempted to defend Nigeria by saying only about 1% to 2% of Nigerians are involved in 419 advance fee fraud. So I did a bit of research to learn that the population of Nigeria in 2008 was 146,255,312. Taking only 1% of that number yields 1,462,553 scammers. And that's only Nigeria. Other scammers may be found in Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Togo, Senegal, the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Malaysia, China, and elsewhere.

Most Nigerians, and most inhabitants of other countries, are relatively honest, upstanding persons, not practicing 419.

But are you likely to run out of scammers? No.

United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This one comes up from time to time, and the answer is never clear.

We just don't know. What I'd guess is that there are a lot more than 200,000 scammers worldwide. But probably not as many as a million. Who knows though? How to find out?

Your method of working it out has some flaws. Not all scammers harvest address books, indeed it's a very old fashioned way of working. Many now just buy lists of email addresses.
Also a lot of scammers these days create profiles on well known sites and target their intended victims, be they be lonely hearts types, sellers of goods, or those looking for extra income.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Asking how many scammers are out there is a lot like asking how many grains of sand go into each bag in a TWAT pyramid. There's just no telling. Smile

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are too many. That's why we are around. To trim/cull their numbers.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, they are numberless but having said that some are more prolific than others so it's not unusual for baiters to find themselves dealing with lads that others have dealt with before or are currently baiting, eg Charles Soludo Wink

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1.4 million Nigerian scammers! It makes you wonder how many Internet cafes there are.
Let's make a few assumptions.
the number of lads with their own computers and Internet connections and the number of innocent Internet cafe users cancel out.
They are open 24 hours a day, and have 30 PCs each.
Lads work 8 hour shifts.
That's over 15,000 cafes. One helluva lot. It's hard to believe that the owners and authorities think that they aren't largely being used for illegal activities.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say that there are at least 6 or 7 scammers out there. Maybe as many as 10.

And Mugatu is one of them.
If he ever offers you a "trunk-box", tell him politely to bugger off.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never listen to the squirrel. Anyway...

The answer is 22.
How many scammers are there out there? There are 2, 2 many scammers out there Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic