SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Noob trying to rid pc of virises

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, cracked it at last. if you double click the process in process manager and click the service tab, you get all kinds of helpful info. The service name, .dll it's running from etc. Ah well, and so to bed. Night all

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try this tool to get you a view and description of processes and services running: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Also very useful: Hijackthis. http://www.hijackthis.de/ , on the top right side there's a download link. Run the analysis with the 'save a logfile' option. It will produce a list with running processes in a text file. Select the whole list, copy and paste it in the online browser window on http://www.hijackthis.de and push the analyze button in the bottom. Based on known processes it will produce a full blown report with safe and (possible) suspicious entries for you to investigate further. It's possible to fix the malicious entries within the Hijackthis application.

It does produce false positive sometimes, so be sure to investigate properly before you delete entries.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, autoruns, lots of info...what the heck does it all mean? (It's ok, I don't expect an answer. Laughing ) I'm happy just being able to find out what service each incarnation of svchost is running, and how to find its .dll.

I agree, hijack this is a great tool, but capable of causing havoc if used wrongly. Personally I like to make a back up of the whole boot partition with Acronis true image. If anything gets too out of hand, the whole lot can be replaced. My documents get backed up once a week to a spare hard drive. I haven't tried it yet, but should be able to wipe and replace the whole hard drive in under an hour.

Anti-virus etc is all very well, but it's no substitute for a thorough back up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic