SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Facebook Marketplace Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrsgrossman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been watching here for weeks, never thought I would need to post something. Go figure!

I am selling an item and have it listed several places (craigslist, facebook marketplace, ebay.) I received a message on Facebook from someone asking to buy it...I think. The name on the profile is M!ll@ D@v!d.

Hello,
Good Day to you,I am interested in immediate purchase of your item,but before i proceed on this transaction i will like to ask some question as follow. i can only raise cashier check or money order for the payment of your item so i will like to know if the item is still available and also if is in good condition?Please your answer on this, will enable me to issue your payment to you asap

1. Do you accept a ( Cashier Check / Money Order)as a mode of payment?

2. What is the firm price of the item?

3. Will you let a shipping company to come to your house for the pick up of the item?

4. Do get back to me with your contact info where you want the payment to address to

5. I will like you to contact me to my personal email address which is (xx_m!ll@d@vid1110@[email protected])

Thanks.

I started to reply asking a few questions...then thought twice and decided to post this here, just in case. The English seems sketchy, and the Facebook profile is empty (at least I can't see any info because I am not a friend.)

So, does this seem sketchy to anyone else? I'm amused that I've lost literally hours watching this forum, and now I have reason to participate! Very Happy

(I think I did everything right in masking stuff...hopefully.)
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First Welcome here!

Does this person have any of your real info?
You real name, phone number, personal e-mail,... ?
If the answer is yes, stop every contact with him.
Because it's 100% scam.

If you want to mess a little with him or any other lad, learn to bait safe,
grab a mentor here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306
and read all the stickies twice, as well as the Eater University here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

And then give it a try Wink

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
mrsgrossman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh no, I won't try and bait this guy. I actually have something for sale through Facebook and wouldn't want to risk him finding out anything about me. My profile is private, but still, just to be safe I would not try and bait this guy.

As far as I can tell from Facebook all he can see is my city, so I think I am safe there. I think I will just shoot him a message that says something along the lines of "no thanks, looking to sell it locally for cash. Have a nice day!"

Short, sweet, and to the point. Thanks for the advice. I have been looking into starting my own bait for awhile here. Reading your guys' posts is so much fun, I wanna try it too! Smile
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings MG...

Welcome to Eater.
That is 100% scam.
As a matter of fact, it is a textbook list of the process for an overpayment scam.

Cheque/Money Order payment.
No personal contact but rather collection by shipping agent but actually no one shows up to collect the item.

Definite Lad...

Unfortunately you really can't bait him/her using the same item since he contacted you via your real accounts on these web portals.
Ignore him/her.

You can however grad a shiny new character name, Gmail account and send the Lad a mail thanking him for his interest in "your slightly damaged 3 hole punch featured on Craiglist."

He probably won't even care what item you are referring to and enjoy the fun.

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic