SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lagos, Nigeria?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kiasta
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this where every scammer currently lives or something? I keep getting these emails from people who live in Lagos, Nigeria. for example:

Quote:
¡Tengo nueva dirección de correo!

Ahora puedes escribirme a:[email protected]

- Dear Sir, I know that you may be surprised by this mail and it's content since we have not met or known each other before. I assure you that what I am about to disclose to you is a business of mutual benefit. My name is Obikaeze Williams. I am a lawyer based in Lagos Nigeria. I am contacting you in my desperate attempt to find a trusted person or company that will act as my partner in this transaction. Sometime last year, a governor of one of the Niger Delta states fronted me to collect a high profile tip (bribe) from a Multi-National Oil company that has oil and gas interest in his state. Niger Delta is the areas in my country where crude oil and gas are tapped. The amount involved in the bribe is US$130,000,000 (One Hundred and Thirty Million Dollars). For security reasons, the oil company paid us the whole money in cash. I would not want to say more than this due to my oath and promise not to say anything about what I did for the governor. After collecting the whole money which came in installments, based on my agreement with the governor, I was paid a total of US$11,000,000 (Eleven Million Dollars). I worked with an insider at First bank plc and have the US$11,000,000 was wired out of the country. The money is currently in my name at the Escrow account that First bank maintains in an oversea bank. Why I contacted you is this: Since I have no bank account overseas and have no legitimate business that could cover such a huge amount, I want you to receive the US$11,000,000. Once you receive the money, I will come over to meet with you in your country and both of us will share the money at the rate of 35/65. You will take 35% (UD$3,850,000) and give me 65% (UD$7,150,000). However, for you to work with me on this, you must accept the following: 1. You will keep this proposal confidential at all times and will not in anyway divulge or blackmail me using the information I have given to you. 2. You must be an honest, reputable and trustworthy person or company and will keep to the sharing proportion of 30% for you are 65% for me, and will not sit on the money and treat me badly when you have it in your custody. 3. You will send me an invitation letter to secure my visa to come and meet with you in your country as soon as you have the funds in your custody. 4. You will teach me a profitable type of business in your country in which I will invest my own half of the money since I have not been a businessman and have not been involved in business before. 5. You MUST ensure that your bank account and business will be able to take in the funds without any problem from your government and authorities in your country. Finally, I want you to know that everything about this transaction has been perfected and all the expenses have been made already and the money is currently overseas. So once you declare your willingness to work with me on this, I will update you with me details on how we will go about this transaction so as to conclude it within three days. Please let me hear from you as urgent as possible in you are interested.Best regards,Obikaeze Williams.

Do they really think people are that stupid?

*edit* Or this lol...
Quote:
Committee On Foreign Payment Matters
PMB 141, Central Area,Abuja-Nigeria.
P. O. Box 5760, Garki, Abuja
Federal Republic of Nigeria.

COMPENSATION OF $2,000,000.00 TO SCAM VICTIM

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to bring to your notice that The Nigeria Senate House delegated
from the United Nations has resolved to pay 100 Nigerian 419 scam victims
$2,000,000 Two Million Dollars each you are listed and approved for this
payment as one of the scammed victims.

On this faithful recommendations, I want to bring to your notice that
during the last UN meetings, it was alarmed so much by the rest of the
world in sthemeetings on the lose of funds by various foreigners to the
scams artists operating in syndicates all over the world today, in other
to retain the good image of the country, the president of the country is
now paying 100 victims of this operators $2, 000,000.00 Two Million
Dollars each. Due to the corrupt and inefficient banking systems in
Nigeria, According to the number of applicants at hand, 40 beneficiaries
has been paid, half of the victims are from the United States, we still
have more 60 left to be paid the compensations of $2,000,000.00 Two
Million Dollars each.

Your particulars name and information was mentioned by one of the
syndicates who was arrested in Lagos Nigeria as one of their victims of
the operations, you are hereby warnednot to communicate or duplicate
this message to him for any reason what so ever, the US secret service
is already on trace of the criminals.

For more vital information, please visit:

http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/news1jul.htm

Government of Nigeria in collaboration with the British government has
approved Fifteen Million British Pounds Sterling only (GBP15, 000,000.00)
for the settlement of the remaining 60 people on the list and an
arrangement has been concluded with the Bank of America for final release
of funds into your bank account as soon as your payment Pin Code is
issued to you .

Now you are directed to contact the office of the Accountant General
Office of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Attention to Dr. Andrew Obaseki
immediately for your compensation PAYMENT PIN-CODE

CODE of $2, 000,000 Two Million dollars.
Contact Person:
Dr. Andrew Obaseki
Chife Auditor Office of the
Accountant General Office
Plot 12/14 Ahmadu Bello Way
Victoria Island
Lagos - Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Tele: 234-7089908573

Contact him now and inform him that you received an email from The Senate
Committee on Foreign Payment Matters at the National House of Assembly
Federal Republic of Nigeria, directed you him to obtain your payment
PIN-CODE and your compensation Certificate for the release of your
compensation.

NOTE : We have mounted our security network to monitor every in-coming
call, if we still find out that you are still dealing with all those
fraudsters that have been frustrating and extracting money from you, We
shall stop and cancel your payment immediately .It is also very important that you
forward to him your detailed information which includes,

YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE
YOUR FULL NAMES AND ADRESS
YOUR WORKING TELEPHONE NUMBERS
YOURAGE AND OCCUPATION.

Yours faithfully,
Senator.Mark Williams,
Head. Senate Committee on Foreign Payment Matter.
National House of Assembly
Federal Republic of Nigeria
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While scammers are from every country, I do find that tracing the IPs do lead a lot of them back to Lagos. Those are two very common formats (you can find many more like them in the Surplus Forum. Sadly, some people do fall for them. Once they stop attempting to scam victims, I'll be happy to hang up my had and find a new hobby.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
kiasta
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - edited to remove full quote of post directly above, no need to quote in full, we can see it just there ^^^ Wink - SP

Yeah it's unfortunate that people fall for their scams. This place is great, kudos to you guys baiting them.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is this where every scammer currently lives or something?

Not really, but a large percentage will come from around there as it is in their culture to see nothing bad in asking for money and favors and getting them. They even think that smart men don't work themselves but get their needs filled for free.(or through little white lies Wink )
The group that took it to the public first by snail mail and later by the Internet made it more criminal as nothing is left out to convince the other party (and that's where we talk about victims) to pay up for things they'll never see or don't exists. In the scam to play off the human needs/behavior/greed and their kindness or willingness to help, nothing goes too far and when needed they press their victims hard to go into debt to try to reach their goal.
Despicable, but we are played the same, in many ways, by commercials, they just perfected it, no investment and nothing to show for, just words to turn your thoughts into the direction they want.
I learned yesterday that the common greeting there is "How is the family, what do you have for me? " which shows the way they think.
They think we're stupid to answer and even pay a complete stranger and we think they're criminals for trying. It's hard to say where it gets criminal in some cases, but when a victim is left in despair, broke and no future left, I think we should try to change that. By reversing the scam without making personal profit we at least steal their time and some of their resources that they might have spend on real victims.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thats the culture of southern Nigeria. Before emails, it was faxes. Before faxes, it was photocopies of scams. It is such an embedded part of their culture there.

Closed lad accounts X 1 so far
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic