SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie question(s)....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
underdog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been reading all abt 419eater... my mind is getting cloud up with so many do's and don't s .... it would be easier to ask, instead of searching any more... I have 2 important and 1 not so important questions...

1) abt 'scambiting'.... I quote, I read somewhere in this forum... "convincing even a scammer to send you money under false pretences IS illegal" ... My question is ... isn't it also illegal to scam some one into working for you? There were several stories in the letter archives abt scambaiters making the scammer do all kinds of work for 'promised' money. Could that false statement get a scambaiter in trouble?

2) Is this site 'safe'? I mean don't you think it is kind of educational for outside scammers to learn your trade of tricks in scambaiting?

3) Is there a forum for newbies?

Thanks
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here dog, at least you think about things first, I like that.
this is no legal advice but my opinion.
1) making false promises is no crime, if that was the case we had no commercials on tv, cars would be cheaper and life a lot easier Laughing
Getting money out of it is putting yourself down at their level and I fail to see the difference between the scammer and the baiter then.
2) this site is not safe, yes someone with patience could learn the tricks of the trade here, but............... we have exceptional people here, we call them moderators who have set up, behind the screens, a fine net that will filter out most, if not all, dirt that enters the door here.
3) we are all newbie's, I have been here for over two years now, I recently learned how to kill a fake website and now trying my luck on a safari.
we have no dumb questions and for people that want some extra help we have the Mentor program. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300 report yourself there and a mentor will help you out in a few days.
Have fun, bait safe

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Underdog, pull up a chair and prepare yourself for the loss of any free time you had.

Please read the links below

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Quote:
"convincing even a scammer to send you money under false pretences IS illegal" ... My question is ... isn't it also illegal to scam some one into working for you?

If the lad is prepared to actually leave his cafe and do something productive, his choice by the way, that is preferable to having him sitting at his cafe computer scamming.

Quote:
Is this site 'safe'?

Most of this site is behind a log in, and yes we do get Lads in here looking from time to time, some even join up. What we do here is beyond their comprehension, there's no money involved, they can't understand why we do this.

This whole site is a forum for *newbies*, I suggest you read through Eater U

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51&sid=3e50d37d23d4bf6f029a2d41bd435df0

Good luck have fun, bait safe

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Astrid99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope one of the experienced members get back to you soon.

From what I've read there is a mix of people here, some that are very ethical, some that aren't.

As for me, I look to the letter of the law because in my work I'll have alot of explaining to do if I get convicted of anything really, so that ismy only concern. So long as what I do is not illegal I don't care how unethical it is when you're playing with the lads. If I believed I was going to eternal hell for doing it then I would reconsider. So it's not about what the lads deserve, or fight fire with fire. It's about baiting with an iron shield covering your butt.

I would not expect a lad to dob a baiter in for obvious reasons...but if the lad does get busted other illegalities may come to light and therein is the concern for baiters. Therein could be a concern for Scamwarner if their name is dragged into it.

Having said that there are the RULES. Some posts will get deleted, most will remain with the "naughty person" remarks. I guess this site must put up boundaries to protect their reputation as an ethical site.

Enjoy. It's a great site and members will guide you respectfully...It's in the rules...
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
this site must put up boundaries to protect their reputation as an ethical site
and to keep that iron shield in place and not get killed like the sites we kill here Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Underdog. Very Happy

Yes, there are quite a few rules, but many are common sense (such as baiting safe). As others have stated, this entire forum is for new and experienced baiters alike. Even experienced baiters need help every now and then. Except mods, our implanted chips make us super baiters!

Take your time to follow the links the others provided as they will provide you with a lot of good information. Also, don't neglect to read the Published forum and the baits in the main section as you can gain a lot of baiting ideas from reading other baits.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers typically pay by the hour for internet time - try reading the Music 2 My Ears thread and you'll quickly see it would be unfeasible for most scammers to get up to speed on baits and baiting - they could be using those days (on one thread alone) scamming instead! We get the odd troll and the rare scammer, but they're pretty obvious or occasionally give useful info unwittingly before giving up on us as lost causes.

Welcome btw!
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, underdog. Very Happy
Like the others have said, this site is for all levels of experience. We were all n00bs once, and for most of us, it was not that long ago. There are tons of new things to learn everyday, and you'll never read all the posts. We'll answer your questions until your mentor arrives, but at least read all the stickies at the top of each forum to familiarize yourself with the way we do things around here. A stop over to the Eater University forum will give you some more detailed help and tips on specific types of baiting. Take you time, go slow, and pace yourself. Have fun! Very Happy
Listen to the Mods in green, but don't believe everything they say, especially when they tell you they know everything. Wink

And don't forget to feed the cat. Cool

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic