SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why not just flood their inbox?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With respect SP, I think the topic has started to drift away from the idea of flooding or spamming, and onto the notion of auto-baiting large groups of lads, with something which mimics pretty much what we do, like the cut and paste method but without the effort on our part.

Even if these bots are as good as they say, I can't see them getting past 3 or 4 replies at most before the lad just bins them and moves on.

Here's an example of a chat-bot.

I cant be sure where I got the statistic, but I think the lads out number us something like 200:1. So long as nobody did something silly like send a hundred of the things to each address, as far as I can see, the lad would be none the wiser and just assume that he had a few more no-gos that week. No reason to close that address and move on, just a bit of extra time wasted.

Almost as though we'd each gone out recruited a few fairly incompetent noobies to try and get the lads off script. The key thing IMO is, is it technically possible to produce a bot that could do it's job without the lad ever realizing he wasn't talking to a real (albeit a bit stupid) person, even after he'd decided to dump them?

If not, then everything the Mods and oldtimers are saying will be true.
If so, then there's got to be a place in our world for this tool.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic