SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Koobface Worm in FaceBook

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lesabre101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received a letter from my ISP today warning me about a new worm that has invaded FaceBook. It was in MySpace as well. I accidentally deleted the original letter about it so will just explain as much as I can from memory.

This worm comes in the form of a request for you to update your video player. When you do, it will then infect your system and wait until you send out any credit card info and steal it. The displayed page contains an ActiveX control, which tells the user that their Flash Player is out of date. An attempt to update links to the Koobface malware file. At the time of testing this file was called "flash_update.exe"

Koobface worm is active and you need to be aware of it. I tried to post a link but something is messing up here so do a Google on it and keep it in mind.

Steve

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lesabre101 wrote:
ActiveX

Reason 3,251 to use Firefox, and throw in NoScript for an added layer of security.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lesabre101 wrote:

This worm comes in the form of a request for you to update your video player. When you do, it will then infect your system and wait until you send out any credit card info and steal it. The displayed page contains an ActiveX control, which tells the user that their Flash Player is out of date. An attempt to update links to the Koobface malware file. At the time of testing this file was called "flash_update.ex

Steve

I dont think this will worry me as i dont have a credit card Wink Rolling Eyes
but my wife does and she uses ebay all the time :yikes:

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
lesabre101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
lesabre101 wrote:
ActiveX

Reason 3,251 to use Firefox, and throw in NoScript for an added layer of security.

Thanks for the tip Pastor Frank. I use Firefox as well, but will look into adding the noscript feature too. I've got millions of things to learn! aarrrrggggghhhh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic