SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Car sales scam????

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bandersnatch
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone. Been trying to sell a car on the internet and I've had an odd reply. This des not seem propper to me and I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experiance. Please see the email below:

Ive not done a reponse to them as it seems a bit fishy

Martin

Thanks for the email response.

I have a clients who is ready to send you the payment of the cheque and interested in making immediately payment by Order Cheque from our United kingdom bank that will clear in your bank account in 2 to 3 days.

And he has responded very positively and i have gave him your price for selling and for the shipping fees price as agent for selling to Him.

I have added the shipping price and he is ready to send payment immediately.Payment by Order Cheque from our United kingdom Bank.

I will like to inform you that any amount that is above your asking price! on the check he sent to you is the shipping agent fees will be sent back to the shipping agent also .
But the money will only be sent to the shipping agent as soon as the check is be credited into your bank account so if you are okay with the terms of payment please send me the details below so i can send it to my client so he will be able to make the payment to you as soon as possible and i will let you know as soon as he send the check to your address as provided below....

FULL NAME... ........

ADDRESS...................

POSTAL CODE...................

STATE.....................

MOBILE TEL NUMBER...................

LAND TEL NUMBER...................

LAST OFFER...............

I will ensure that you receive payment at least in 7 working days.
As regards the pick up, as soon as you confirm to me that the cheque is credited into your bank account, i will inform my shipper to come for the pick! up immediately.

I look forward to read from you soonest.

Cheers.

Williams
Ab5olutD
DB Please!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is a scam.

They will send a false cheque, for a bigger amount than the price of the car, and they will ask you to send them back the excess of money.

Just stop the communication with them, and don't be worried because they will not move a finger for you.

Cheers

F3rnando Just1ce: "I have given all of my work just now to do this" (286 clicks, 5hrs 6min 34sec)
Hag0p L0utf1c: "you are eating CHICKEN,I am eating nothing,this is not justice"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for a 100% risk free oportunity]</a> [Click here for WU, MG or BT forms]

Last edited by Ab5olutD on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like an overpayment scam, where they send you a fake check for say, $1000 more, and have you send them the balance before the check bounces and you get hit by the bank for full repayment and/or arrested for giving them a bad check.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!
You're right to be suspicious. It's a scam. Commonly known as the overpayment scam. You'll be asked to pay the shipper by Western Union, and sometime later, you bank will tell you the cheque was bogus. Leaving you with a much depleted bank account, if not overdrawn.
I certainly wouldn't buy a car without seeing it. Would anyone?
Don't attempt to bait him as he has your real life details. Just tell him, that you've sold the car locally

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's what craigslist advise you do to stay as safe as poss when selling stuff online.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
bandersnatch
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone. Dealt with by saying car is already sold.

Looked dodgy from the moment i opened it

Martin
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a P.S. for anyone who receives this type of scam....if you've money in your account, a refund cheque to a scammer could be paid out of your account before their cheque bounces.

And people sometimes misunderstand that, just 'cos the bank has credited your account with the scammer's cheque and allowed you to draw on the money, doesn't mean that they are guaranteeing that the cheque has cleared and is good......it can still bounce, sometimes much later for a foreign cheque.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic