SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a love/dating scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mana-chan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just checking.

Quote:
Good day, gentleman

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen.
Do you know what love is? If you know - explain me. If you don't -
let's
find an answer together! www.heartconections.com/combined/
I am a slim and attractive lady with a beautiful figure. By nature: I
am
a calm person with a good sense of humor. I like cosines, art,
listening
to music and being in the country side. I am fond of sport and enjoy
traveling very much. No matter how perfect world can be, like every
other
woman I feel lonely and want to create a strong, friendly family. I
want
to love and be loved. I would like to meet a kind, reliable and
educated
man.

Hugs and kisses
Alexan

"I most inform you that your correspondence are well received, hence I must also warn you that your question is becoming very frustrating and it make's me sick because you are taken this to be a child's play"
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a typical romance format, very "vlad" looking. However to know for sure you'd need to know more. Was this an email? What did the header say? Was it an approach by PM at a romance site?

First impression, (and without knowing more) I'd say it's just a spam advert for a dating site. I ain't clicking on the link to find out though. Wink

Edit: Just run a check on the web address, whois etc, it's a well known spammer. You pay to sign up and send messages to the "girl" in question. Not a traditional love scam, and certainly not baitable.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I ain't clicking on the link to find out though. Wink

I did, no bells went off. Laughing

Quote:

IP Information for 79.135.168.81
IP Location: Lebanon Lebanon Beirut Lebanon Private Dedicated Service
IP Address: 79.135.168.81 [Whois] [Reverse-Ip] [Ping] [DNS Lookup] [Traceroute]
Reverse IP: 8 other sites hosted on this server.
Blacklist Status: Clear
Whois Record

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB

Just a scam I'm afraid
this is her Image

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I like cosines

Brainy lass - she's into trigonometry. Smile

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, it's a scam...

Whenever someone starts to quote bad poetry at me I'm sure it's a scam...that and when they ask for your cell number...and by the 2nd or 3rd e-mail she'll be in love with you Wink

Bait away Smile

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
from the Hollow
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

At lest that picture beats the h-ll out of what NN got this week.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I have seen Mugatu is right on the money, not your traditional scam but none the less designed to put your money into their pocket.

There are better places to find love and scammers.

@ From the Hollow, are you going to share what NN got last week, I am intrigued now but dont have the time to go searching Sad

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't tell me she finely got those "Pink" gum boots.. She's been after them for a while. Wink

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
from the Hollow
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NN pictures were "NOT SAFE TO LOOK AT" A cold shower would not be as bad.
Mackilt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivana wrote:
I agree, it's a scam...

Whenever someone starts to quote bad poetry at me I'm sure it's a scam...

Actually its a quote from Francois De La Rochefoucauld a noted French author (yeah OK he was French so....)

Looks as though the Vlad has found the "1-Love-Quotes.com" site so watch out for more of those endearing phrases

Maybe ping a few back at him and see if he notices Smile

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He PMd me on a dating site....And at first i was postive.... talking about love and what not in the first message. but then he started emailing me and His story sounds....sad but true.... Told about his separation from his wife and about his kids.....Hmmm........Help here is the message Maybe someone could help me decide whether to bait or drop... because i for sure do not want to Hurt an innocent person truely searching for love in all the wrong places.....
Quote:
Of course, in short form In 43 years old, have been separated about a year an a half now after my wife had an affair. I have two children, my sons almost ten and daughter who's five. I live in London and work as a Sales Director for a software company. In thinking back to what might have been I remembered back to a relationship with a Russian Lady I had long before I got married and thinking of her started me thinking about looking outside the normal range of ladies I met so hence why I joined this site. How about you?

Greg
He also calls me Gorgeous...yet hasn't even figured out what i look like O.o This is my first time... any help would be greatly appreciated. To better see my problem this is the first message he ever sent me
Quote:
Writing my Christmas list last week, I wrote that I wanted a beautiful wife /girlfriend /partner who’d love me, look after me and want me as much as I did her. She never had a face at the time but she does now! (It’s yours)
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's his IP say?

Check them here http://headertool.apelord.com/

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ That sounds more like a genuine person. Where did you find this guy? You're right, you need to be sure it's a scammer, and from what I can see, I have my doubts.

The original post was a "female" who was spamming. What makes you think this is the same person?

I feel this needs more advice than you'll get tagging on the end of someone else's (seemingly unconnected) thread. Have a think about splitting this off into your own topic, and you'll get more replies.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
naivelillette
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked it... and It said it originated form the United States.... So I'm going to drop this one .... Thanks for your help Smile
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hotmail strips the IP. Sad

His English seems a little good for a lad although he should make the acquaintance of our friend, Mr. Comma.

You could ask him about the software company he works for and the computer programs they develop. If he replies back in very vague answers or with something that has been cut and pasted from a company web site, that may be a clue that you have a lad.

I upset a "mechanical engineer" not to long ago because I didn't know that job consisted of fixing cars.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My advice, FWIW, is to take some unique-sounding phrase from his first contact message and first email (the most likely ones to be scripts) and do a google search on them. If nothing comes up, correspond a little more, not getting silly or outrageous, just sort of string him along a bit. Eventually, if he's a scammer, he will trip up or run out of script. Smile

If he continues to be an enigma, it would be best to drop him. Don't apologize, don't tell him you're dropping him - just stop sending him emails. And ignore anything he sends you. It's harsh, but it's what happens in internet dating (trust me on this Wink). He will be puzzled, but he'll move on.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
naivelillette
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, you learn somthing new everyday.... I just asked him waiting for a response.... and I didnt know they did cars either.... Embarassed
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, hotmail does not strip IP's, so if he claims to be in London and the IP traces to the US, I would say he is still suspect, but not confirmed. If he is hidden behind a proxy, or if there are any mass mailers (e.g. the Bat!) in the headers, then the odds of scam go up a lot.

If he is real, he is pretty needy and over the top. Did you make a profile that is too attractive and is more likely to draw someone real? Then of course the odds that he is real go up a bit.

Does your profile state that you are Russian or from the FSU, or did he contact you from a site from these areas (like mybeloved.net)? I ask because what he wrote suggests that he is interested in a relationship with a new Russian woman. If you aren't claiming to be one, I would wonder if what you are getting is recycled emails sent TO a vlad by a victim.

I would agree with Titania--just keep a casual, friendly correspondence, and if you can't establish that this is a scammer, then drop him (though if I thought he might be real, I would probably just say that I was getting back together with my ex or something like that instead of a silent drop, but that's probably just me.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Did I say hotmail?..of course, I meant hushmail. Very Happy

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My mind is not made up on this yet,

The story line you posted is fairly typical scammer storyline

The writing is very good for an African Scammer which is what he will be if he is a scammer.

Searching on some key phrases gave me no results, although that doesn't mean much

This sickly nice email
Quote:
Writing my Christmas list last week, I wrote that I wanted a beautiful wife /girlfriend /partner who’d love me, look after me and want me as much as I did her. She never had a face at the time but she does now! (It’s yours)

Is also very typical of scammers, your the only person in the world to them after a couple of emails Rolling Eyes

Hushmail is not common for scammers to use, the inbox is generally too small for them

I presume you have searched on the email address already, if you haven't try that, also try removing the @hushmail.com part and try again.

Ask questions and see if you get answers to them

Ask him about his job andsee if he can explain what he does

Ask him about the weather or where he lives, you can check that, so can he but it will waste a lot of time if it is a scammer and he will be more likely to take a guess.

If you do notice any mistakes, dont point them out, if it's a scammer we dont want to teach him, he sounds pretty good if it is a scam, we certainly dont want him to be any better.

If you still have doubts, PM the email address to me or visit Scamwarners and email Ralph (dont worry, you will find him) forwarding the emails and any pictures to him, Ralph deals with lots of this stuff and will find answers if there are any to be found.

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the romance baiting sticky, even if you dont start baiting there is some good information that will help you to detect a scammer quite quickly.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still say he's a scammer - especially after he said you were gorgeous and had yet to see your picture...

That's a give away to me...

Remember these guys are LIARS and they want to look like a nice normal american...just to rip you off...

He could easily use his kids as leverage down the road "my boy got sick' etc... and you are the only one who can help...

He's falling awfully fast for YOU - no one in real life does that.

"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I still say he's a scammer - especially after he said you were gorgeous and had yet to see your picture...

If that statement qualifies him as a scammer, then every person on here, is also a scammer, according to you. Considering some of the bullshit we write every day to our subjects.

But like all thing's time will tell. Then you ether drop them if there genuine, or push on and ask for silly things, and wait for the cash requests

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol I'm always truthful to my lads....even if they don't like it...

I'm starting to enjoy making them do photo's over Twisted Evil

Told one he wasn't shaved enough to be presentable to my parents (and he's going to thin his mustache for me)

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivana wrote:

That's a give away to me....

He didn't say that anyone was gorgeous, he called her gorgeous. This guy claims to be in London, and here in the UK we use the word gorgeous as a term of endearment sometimes, e.g. "Hello gorgeous/Darlin/Sweetheart, how you doing?" It can be used that way even when you've never seen someone, or when you are just friends with someone.
Ivana wrote:
He's falling awfully fast for YOU - no one in real life does that.

Oh I don't know, real romance victims tend to fall for scammers quite fast, it's not that uncommon for lonely people to throw caution to the wind.
It's the whole raison d'etre of what we do here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic