SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammer gave me a real address

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cybernike
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I am selling an item on Craigslist and someone sent me an email and offered me more money to ship the item to Florida. He claimed he would do it through paypal. It sounded fishy and of course, I got a fake paypal email saying that the payment was sent.

But the most interesting thing is the scammer gave me a real US address. I google-mapped it and it is a real house. Should I contact the local police there?
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome. Luckily you didn't fall for the scam and did some research instead. Thumbs up

The best option is to PM one of the forum moderators (the ones with the green forum names) with the details you have, including the email headers of the mails you received from him.

The mods will know how to deal with him.

For you personally: drop him like a hot rock as he has all your personal details. Just tell him you sold the item to a higher bidder.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The address won't be the scammer himself, more likely to be an unwitting mule who moves the funds, under the impression he is doing an above board part time job.
If it isn't a mule, it will be a previous victims address, being used to add credence to the scam. Scammers can pick up their funds anywhere in the world as long as they Western Union and you give them the transfer control number.

Either way, follow Dutch's advice and PM a Moderator with the details. You'll find them on the "Usergroups" link at the top, or even better, look at the forum main page, at the bottom you will find a list of who is online. PM any of the members in green.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic