SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

PHONE-O-GRAM URGENT-U-REPLY

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ncc27021
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine says:
WC,INC.
St. Petersburg, Fl 33704

A VALUABLE GIFT for you!
PHONE-O-GRAM URGENT-U-REPLY

We have a VALUABLE GIFT for you selected by Mr. Chris Wilson. It is for both you and your spouse and is his way of saying, Thanks for Serving.
Everything has been paid for, including delivery charges.
The reason we are writing is to make sure that we have the correct address before making delivery. Because the gift is VALUABLE, we hesitate to send it without first verifying the address and making sure that both of you will be there to accept it.
For prompt delivery call 10:00AM- 5:00PM daily (866) 404 8100
and ask for Jackie. Keep this notice for identification when delivery is made.
Thank You.
Chris Wilson
P.S. We cannot continue to assume responsibility for more than 5 days after this notification.

Mine has $100 Gas Card written at the top and the phone number is typed like the rest. everyone in my area has one posted to their door.

Last edited by ncc27021 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, I have asked the moderators to move this in a new post as there had some time passed since the other messages.
They'll be after your info(credit card) probably, use a public phone and give them a ring or send the whole thing to a moderator so they can take action, after confirmation run over to the police station so others can be warned.
Then stick around, read lots and if.. get a mentor and have fun.
Thanks for reporting this, make sure the neighbors are safe too.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Should I also report this to my neiborhood center. or go ask them if it's legit (which i highly doubt)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would try anything to prevent neighbors falling for it. "neiborhood center" is a good point to start it.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There have been similar mailings in the UK during the past few years.

Not necessarily outright fraud, but inevitably a catch, such as a premium-rate phone line, and extra charges and conditions to get a worthless gift.

Noting that your neighbors have all had them and the reference to "making sure that both of you will be there to accept it", also strongly suggests that a visit would be a way to get to nail you for some sort of nasty hard-sell sales tactics.

Definitely report it, and warn your friends and neighbors.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very strange

I just called them. Very Happy

I had to make up stuff off the cuff and he seemed very puzzled. hH said he was located in Carolina and then mentioned something about the military, which may be a clue as to how he got the mailing addresses perhaps, but he didn't try to sell anything or push for card details.

I just wonder if the intention is to line you up for future marketing purposes. Personally I find the marketing intrusion as unwelcome as scammers - so I don't mind screwing with them as well. Laughing

I'm in the UK, by the way, so forgive my accent - and I forgot you call holidays - vacation.

I'll post up the conversation in a jiffy.

It's a freephone number, and is contactable by skype so anyone with time to spare can call and make a new friend. Very Happy

MisterGomerVPhoneogram.mp3 - 1.1 Mb

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On mulling it over it sounds very murky to me, though the chap on the phone sounded like your average Grandpops.

They claimed to be in Florida, but owned up to being in North Carolina which is where the op is I guess. So that figures to quote a company well away from where they are making the mail drops.

The military aspect is interesting. Whether they have a way to collect addresses of serving or retired personnel, and/or they wish to target their marketing/scheme whatever, purely at military personnel, is curious or even worrying.

Personally, I'd ring them - lots and lots to find out. Twisted Evil

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if it a test of national security like this one a few months back. Confused
http://www.military.com/news/article/net-scam-actually-an-army-security-test.html

I hope it wasn't a stolen list and is being used for nefarious purposes...

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
SubmarineSonar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First I would like to thank this forum for posting things like this. I received this today on a blue index card in Military housing by a person going door to door. Missed the person but it looks so odd.

WC, INC.
St. Petersburg, FL 33704

As a member of the Armed Forces, our firm would like to say "Thank You" and acknowledge your service. We therefore have chosen a very valuable gift for your entire family to enjoy! Everything is paid for...even the delivery charges! No handling and shipping to pay, no gimmicks, no strings attached, no kidding! Because the gift is valuable, we need to know when someone will be there to accept it! For prompt delivery call our operator at (866) 404-8100. You need only make one phone call! Please keep this notice until delivery is made.

WC, INC
St. Petersburg, FL 33704
A VALUABLE GIFT FOR YOU!

Sincerely,
Ed Curtin
WC, INC

Now this was distributed to about 800 homes that are all military around the base. Notice the same 866 number as the first post.
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The zip code is kosher and is in St Petrsburg but I can't find a WC, Inc. or that phone number on the net.

As someone has said if you tell them when you are at home be prepared for a big sales speil and a free company ballpoint pen at the end of it.My best bet is that it is one of the MLM or NWM systems (Kleeneze,Amway et al) The thing to remember about them is you won't make a penny until you have recruited friends and relations and they won't make money until...etc.

If you have the time get them around. While you are wasting their time they are not talking to someone more gullible.

Tell them up front, whatever they are offering, that your wallet stays in your pocket. One-time today only offers are just pressure techniques. If they had decent product they wouldn't need them. However good it seems, you need time to think and if it checks out you'll get back to them. Get references for happy customers lots of them as widely geographically spaced as possible.

Mak notes, lots of notes and keep referring back. If you catch them in a lie pursue it mercilessly. Have a calculator handy and check every number they give you. Make sure zeros don't accidentally get added on or missed off.

Get a conpany organisation chart. Who do you report to and what is their office address, who do they report to etc up the chain. If it goes more than 6 levels and a lot of people do not have office addresses suspect MLM.

How about getting together with your neighbours and having them around too so they can witness things for you.

And don't ever never ever sign up to anything while they are there. I very nearly got caught out in a Holiday Club scam in Spain. I managed to catch them out in a few lies (I phoned a hotel where they said they had block booked rooms and an airline likewise) and started shouting about them - they couldn't get me out quck enough.

If it seems too good to be true it usually is.

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic