SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Newbie needs help with a myspace scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
southsidebham
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today I got an email on myspace. It was (supposedly) written by a woman who just happened upon my profile and she sounded like she instantly fell in love with me when she saw it. Well, she goes on to say that recently she went to Nigeria with her best friend. They were in a terrible auto accident and her best friend died and the hospital seized her passport and said they wouldn't give it back until she paid her bill. She went on to give me her email address where I could get in touch with her.

I want to email her back something really good but I need some help. I will be careful to create a fake email account with a fake name and email her from that. Anyone have any ideas? I recently heard the spot on This American Life, The Enforcers, and usually I just delete these things but I really want to have fun with this one.

Full text of the email below. I'll warn you - it's VERY long.
-M

---------------------------

I like your profile. you sound like a great person. someone that deserves everything in life. from what i read about you . You are probably the most unselfish person i have ever see....met of sorts. So Please, take Flattery in the fact that I have "Singled" you out and think whoever you meet on this forum, or by any other means, is a very lucky woman indeed i guess . i am looking for the man that will heal my pain and make me happy from what i have read about you so far I think you sound like an awesome man, and definers someone i would like to get to know better! as for me i guess i would say that i am caring,sociable,smart,honest. i graduated to be a teacher . as a mathematics teacher, i will be happy to know more about you..likewise i think you need to know more about me about me apart from What is on my Profile,my personality traits are: serious, confident, purposeful, persistent, smart, responsible, honest, kind.i listen to many types of music, i love old school music like Led Zeppelin,and Jim i Hendrix and I love a bit of hip hop and i also like R.kelly Akon, janet johnson and rap songs too, I love to sing along( i don't have a bad voice if I say so myself) if your lucky you'll get to hear it loll. i will listen to just about any sought of music, i love The Big Day Out!!

i am 100 percent honest and sincere about my self and every thing i told you lately i just want you to that i am an orphan and i don't have parent my parent are dead. my mom is from New jersey while my dad is from Dallas Texas i was born and raise up in Dallas i speak basic english is first language, i am the only child i only have just one friend who have been making me feel happy, i am sorry that i had to come out this way..i have been going through a lot lately in life .i have a very good heart and ive been looking to reach more positive levels in my life all the things you speak of that you seek are all the things i am aspiring to be well with, i am getting ahead of myself but i would really like to meet you in person and i think there is no time like the present so if you like we can set up some mutual ground your choice ok but please feel free to say if I'm moving to fast on this as sometimes i just get warped up in the moment and want to grasp life and what it has to offer guess I'm just throwing myself at you in a kinda way.i am sorry to tell you this , you really sound so good and caring,i believe if we work in hand things are going to get on fine between us. but as i have said about my heart broken recently. it as brought me in sadness i cry everyday praying that one day i will get over this.I was sitting in the apartment i and my friend used to live before when she suddenly bursted in and said that she was travelling to Nigeria for a project she was doing she asked me to follow her to travel and i decided to go..When we arrived Nigeria we arrived late at Nite and then we decided to take a cab to look for the nearest Hotel to check in. As we sat and discussed and were busy viewing the beautiful surroundings of Nigeria .when suddenly we began to hear noises coming from the bottom of the car,before we could say jack Robinson we had an accident that the car was beyond repair but i think God has a plan for me to have survived that crash..I opened my eyes and found myself in the Hospital with Bandages and Unable to walk then i began to weep and called on the doctor who later came.then but the doctor came in and Told me that a Good Samaritan who was stoping by that place at the time of the accident brought me and my best friend but unfortunately my best friend died before she was rushed to the Hospital

the hospital has held down my passport and airline ticket cos i am owing the hospital management and they wont let me go except i pay the hospital bill and this is my first time in Africa and I promise it's will be my last. I have learned from my mistakes. This was a big wake up call for me. This place has made me realize a lot and opened my eyes for me before it got worse.i have plan a big change in my life as soon as i get out of here. everyone has made mistakes at least once in their life's.please help me and save my soul i will never make you regret for helping me cos i need someone truthful like you are in my life... tell me little about yourself ..o yeah I am on IM too ********** . you can talk to me on yahoo instant messenger or it will be best to email me through my email address. *****@****.COM

cares.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, if you want to bait that, better make sure you're safe, else just let it slide, many more will follow.
If you think that baiting is a neat hobby, read a bit, get a safe addy and start answering them from that safe addy, they wont notice a thing as they copy and paste hundreds a day.
First step, get a mentor (help forum) read a lot of stickies and then the Eater University the parts you think you like.
If.... then
Eater rule number one, work/play safe. There is no big risk involved, but better safe than sorry.
How? Work from a safe email addy, that is one that strips your IP number from the email. Gmail--Hushmail--Fast mail will do so if you use them online and not through MS Outlook or so. (IP# is your computers internet address and can lead back right to your own computer)
Try this website to see what yours is and where it will lead you. http://www.ip-adress.com/ (Please bookmark this site so you have it handy in the future.)
That should be somewhere close to home, but hopefully not direct to home.
Their emails have most of the time their IP# on it in the header. What!? The header that part of the email that you usually don’t see, but that has the info needed to guide the email to its destination. How? MS Outlook highlight the message [View]—[Show Original or show source] *** Gmail open the message and click the little arrow next to Reply and click Show original **** Hushmail open message look right for more options and click Show Actual message**** Fastmail No clue Confused Do a search on the eater or have a look here http://128.175.24.251/headers.htm
Now copy the header, all the spaghetti till the line SUBJECT and dump it here
http://headertool.apelord.com/ and they will tell you where the email comes from. (bookmarked that one too?)
That should keep you busy till you have a mentor Smile if not? linky something to read while you're waiting for your mentor Smile

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would ignore most of the "sob story" stuff and IM her with "thanks for reading my profile" and kinda gush over the bands she said she liked & the other details...say you're sorry to hear she's an orphan and how that must be hard...keep it on the "I just met you, how can you love me" level, when she mentions she's stuck in nigeria ask as interestedly as you can "what were you doing there?" "what is it like?" just try to ignore the fact she's asking for money...

waste as much time as you can...then if she gets around to the money part, sign in & out of your messenger & say you're sorry but having trouble with YIM (why won't they ever get that stable) and that you'll talk with her later..

If you haven't already get a mentor here, they help me with my newbie questions...and give evil suggestions Twisted Evil

Sounds like you know not to bait with your real e-mail address...

There are a lot of tools available here, one of my favorite (although most of my baits are still running and I haven't been able to use it much) is the M3cn S3cure - it's a fake western union program to get the number you need for money pick up...trickster had some chick click over 300 boxes trying to get her money...I haven't had that kind of luck yet, but have a really dumb one on the line that may spend some time on it Twisted Evil

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic