SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

another scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Furball
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I met this guy on a dating site. Claims he is a contractor in London. I spoke to him on the phone after about a month on MSN chatting and knew straight away that he wasn't English. I queried him on his accent because he sounded foreign and he then said he was french canadian. Didn't understand why he couldn't have told me that straight away when we first began chatting and basically said if I had met him in a pub or club his accent would have been evident straight away and that this was something he should have told me. He said I hadn't asked LOL. Anyway, I digress. After about 7 weeks of chat he asked me if I would do him a favour, by allowing a business colleague of his to put money in my bank account as he was having trouble with his account. I told him to get the guy to send him a cheque as I couldn't see his bank having a problem with a cheque, ( I was completely unaware of cheque scams at that time ). Having spent a good few months reading on eater the many different types of scams on the internet, it is clear to me that he was going to send me a fake cheque and get me to send on the money to him, I assume through Western Union. Anyway , I checked the guys photos on tineye and he is there under another 6 email addresses. How do I post the pics I have of him on Scamwarners ( he approached me on Myukdate ) I have tried and am not managing to do it. Can I post them here and someone else do it for me.
I have a different email address for him and 3 pictures, only one of them showed up on tineye. Any help with this is appreciated.
I didn't keep any emails so can't check headers.

Last edited by Furball on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Furball

I am Pm-ing you Scamwarners support team member's mail address.

Please send all the information/pics/mails you have - a report will be made ASAP.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Furball
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cathartic Kate

I have sent all information through hotmail to the address you gave me as it doesn't look like I am set up for the other way lol.

Thanks for the help

Furball
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just because tin eye found 3 separate instances of the photo doesn't mean all 3 are him - various scammers use the same picture occasionally...

you didn't say if this was on your real account (points back to your real life info) or one that you set up for baiting...if it's your real life account drop him immediately and try to pick him back up from your baiting account...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Furball
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was real life and I no longer have any contact with him. This happened last year when I was on a dating site, before I knew there was a place I could post details.
I was searching for something in my program files when I came across his details. I thought I had deleted everything to do with him but it would seem not. I have no intention of contacting him again. I don't think I am ready to bait and am content to just read the stories on eater. What you guys do here is phenomenal and I take my hat off to you. You obviously know what you are doing. I am a long way from even wanting to.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic