SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Black friday started at 4am here...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just found out 2 local department stores opened at 4am today! Must of sucked being a shop clerk working that shift. I wonder if any store opened earlier than that in the usa or anywhere else?

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anyone confirm the rumour I've heard that a store worker was crushed to death?

We dont get Black Friday in Scotland
It used to be the January Sales, then Boxing Day, lat year it was Xmas eve
so we could be heading that way
Rolling Eyes
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We do get Black Friday if it's measured by how dark it is. Only about 8 hours of daylight today Sad

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Ben
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Wal-Mart employee was crushed to death on Long Island....
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ all

Links:

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/11282008/news/regionalnews/man_killed__woman_miscarries_in_wal_mart_141313.htm [/url]

[url]
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/28/national/main4637170.shtml [/url]

plus a young women who was pregnant was also trampled. There is a rumour that the woman lost the unborn child because of her injuries.

I will keep these folks in my prayers---now I just became super depressed. What is happening to civilization when a person is dying and all the masses care about is a sale on a friggin digital camera. Sad

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
pony pony pony
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh cr@p
My son works in a supermarket ( in UK ) and comes home with some tall tales* but this one seems to be true
Crying or Very sad

* fire alarm was sounding.
they were told to evacuate store
one customer would not leave as they'd put a £ 1 deposit in the trolley ( shopping cart )

he's also had "where do you keep the stuff for making ice?"

"do you have ice ?
Is it cold?"
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All of the antics make shopping on line look like a good deal. Confused

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We did our shopping this morning, after going to the gym. We arrived at the mall at about 9 am, and found parking in our favorite spot. In fact, the parking lot was relatively empty.

Going through the mall was actually a pleasure - no great crowds, no pushing, even the elevator was readily available. At one store we mentioned the lack of crowds, and the clerk said, "They were all here yesterday."

For the first time in my adult life, my Christmas shopping (what there was of it - I don't buy much) is done, and it isn't even December yet. Very Happy

Now I just have to print out and send my cards.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That story about the WalMart in Long Island is horrifying. What the hell is wrong with people? Evil or Very Mad
They've completely lost the whole point of Christmas and the spirit of the season. Idiots.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Ben
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Yes....Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas anymore it seems more about what you get than what you give Sad
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope the police don't call it an accident, because it sounds more like the worker died due to their f*ng greed. Bad enough that those people have to to to work at 3 and 4am but then this Question Exclamation

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I work part time in a large department store at a mall. I had to work a full day on Friday, fortunately, it was not the 6 am shift. It was a bit crazy, but it was not too bad except for the traffic jam getting into the parking spot. For the most part, everyone was relatively civil and polite, but there were a few exceptions. I felt the most sorry for the young children being dragged along (find someone to watch them, the kids were miserable) and for the glazed eyed husbands/boyfriends loaded down with packages and a look of defeated acceptance on their faces. Being in the cosmetics department saved me from the worst of the fighting over sale items.

Events like the one at WalMart shake my faith in the human race sometimes. The police are trying to determine whether any one involved with the man's death can be identified link to story.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
oh cr@p
My son works in a supermarket ( in UK ) and comes home with some tall tales* but this one seems to be true
Crying or Very sad

* fire alarm was sounding.
they were told to evacuate store
one customer would not leave as they'd put a £ 1 deposit in the trolley ( shopping cart )

he's also had "where do you keep the stuff for making ice?"

"do you have ice ?
Is it cold?"

OMg! That is just like asking "are you certain that the decaf coffee is in the regular coffee isle?"

Smile

pony pony pony
LetsGoYanks
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Black friday is full of stupidity. It's not worth the stress or safety risk. My girlfriend told me people were pretty much racing through parking lots and were very unsafe. A $500 insurance deductible isn't going to cover what you save if some a-hole hits you with their car.

Here's another black friday stupidity story: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4139950

Another - shooting in ToysRUs
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27957714

spot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How long is it before we start seeing something like this :-

Quote:
I am writing you in respect of a little old lady who put a $10,000 (TEN THOUSAND ) coin in a shopping cart. I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this situation.

On personal investigation, I discovered that the lady died during December 2008 in a shopping stampede at a departmental store.

I made further investigation and discovered that the customer died without taking the $10,000 (TEN THOUSAND ) coin out of the shopping cart. As you have the same name of this person you can make a claim as the Next of Kin

Kindly write to the Customer Service Department [email protected] with your claim

onionspafom
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year I had to work at a clothing store from 11pm-7am. I think the doors were suppose to open at 1am but opened at 12 because there were so many people lined up outside. Surprisingly there was a steady stream of people from 1-7am... I just don't understand people. Sure, I enjoy shopping every once in a while but standing in a 1 hour check out line at 4am just to get an extra 15% off? No thank you, I'd rather eat glue.

Stickify the Postwhore thread!

Viva la Revolucion! Down with JMRazors dictatorship! For a free PW-Thread!
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Toys R Us shooting was not Black Friday related. It was a personal dispute. Although I do have to wonder why those two men took guns into a toy store. Confused

I saw an interesting news bit about "going out of business" sales. The liquidator comes in and sets the "regular" price of items at considerably more than the store might have charged. THEN they set the discounts, and reporters found that the "sale" price was sometimes higher than the prices they could find at other stores. It was especially glaring in the case of businesses that are closing some stores but not others. The prices in the stores that were closing were not much betteer than in the stores that were not closing. The business involved claimed innocence because the prices were set by the liquidator, not the owner of the business. Evil or Very Mad

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Nanny Ogg"]oh cr@p
[quote]

some tales are true. i`ve been locked in a -25 freezer room to `cool off`
-they broke the emergency release so no exit !
there are some pr!(ks about !

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am extremely grateful that I have a non-retail job. I worked retail while I was going thru college; put four plus years into it and learned quite a bit about the human race. Not all of it was good.

It was an education that no university could have possibly given me, and in that light I'm glad that I experienced it. It did give me insight into how easily the human race can be manipulated by whoever it is that controls the presses. What I'm getting at is, is that we had lots of customers who couldn't wait for the sales inserts in the Sunday papers. That was church for them. Find out what's on sale, and stand in line outside the store on Sunday morning before the store opened.

It was a job where if you stayed in it long enough, you would see everything. I had three years in what was then Pay Less Super Drug Store and also a year and a half as an assistant manager for Radio Shack.

I am, to this day, sympathetic to the cashier behind the counter. I know exactly what it is that they have to put up with.

Dang, am I glad I stuck with college and got my degree!

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic