SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Retail Scam - Dont have time to mess with this guy

View next topic
View previous topic

Joethestoreowner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get about three of these a week. They have various twists. I own a very thriving store and dont have time to mess with these guys. I have subbed the name and numbers for my side, so just contact me. I can feed you a bunch of these, we get them all the time....

Hello Joe,
Thank you for your time and patience with me on the email and kind interesting in my order, Well I would like to recommend a freight company for the pickup. However I understand the total cost is $7,721.55 and I would like to proceed with payment, but I also want to know the shipping cost before I can go ahead and make the payment. Actually am shipping the Tank to my company in West Africa and I will like you to contact this freight company for the pickup :

The Freight Company Contact Details
The Name is The Westend Trading And Shipping Co Ltd
The Contact Name Is Mr Mena Willams
Their Contact Email Address is [email protected]

And tell them you are shipping Tank of the total weight XXX or the quantity and it is going to the address below:

Delivery Address
High Hill Road
Accra ,Ghana 00233.

The Shipping Company will also handle the packaging and crating also include your Pickup Location Address and they will surely get back to you with the freight quote.As soon as they get back to you with the freight quote,notify me via email so that I can finalize the order with my credit card.Thanks for the discount and hope to read from you soon.

Regards,
Mark.

Subject: RE: re order
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 10:41 AM

Fax valid Identification before proceeding…

Joe

Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:34 PM
To: Joe the store owner Subject: RE: re order

Thank you so much for getting back to me and i do really appreciate it..I would like you to go ahead and calculate the Total cost for 50 Qty plus Tax without shipping on each $145.00 painted.Am located in United state and i need a Phone Number that i can reach you.Nice doing business with you.

Subject: RE: re order
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 10:36 AM

Where are you located? I will put a 30 hold on all charges and require 2 forms of ID. Let me know. Price per tank is 139.00 or 145.00 painted….

Joe the store owner

-------

Subject: re order

Hello
This is Mark James and i will like to order some scuba tank and i need the Aluminium Luxfer dive cylinder model number is 80cft instock I like to know the price so that i willprovide you the quantity i need ,also i will like you to advice me the mothod of payment you accept as soon as you got this email hope to hear from you so that we can move ahead to proceed with the order.
Best Regard,
Mark James
Joethestoreowner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is another one of the scams.... This one is a fresh virgin, never been contacted. Has anyone seen this scam before. I have been baiting scmammers for years before finding this forum. I am obviously new to this, making mistakes to be avoided on your advice page...

They find my company website and then try to buy various things...I dont have the time to give these guys the proper tormenting they deserve....

Also in the above post, you need to read from the bottom up.....

Joe

Leee Martins [[email protected]]

Hello,
Am Mr.Larry martins and would like to place an order regarding some Gas Regulators from your company to a firm work in Ghana. I will appreciate you email me back with the types that you carry in stock and their price ranges,also your terms of payment as well.I will like to be one of your honest customer's and hope you answer to my request ASAP.Dont hesitate to email me back.Thank you very much and waiting for your prompt responds.
Best Regards,
Larry martins.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Joethestoreowner. Very Happy
You can post these scams and any others you want, Removing you real life email details first (XXXX it out), and post them to the Surplus Scam Forum. I'm sure they will be worked on by someone. Smile
Please include the header information...read the stickie regarding this, and look at the scams posted to see what we mean here.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

These are check lads, who send fake payment by bad checks, or stolen Credit cards. They will typically send you an overpayment, then ask for the excess to be sent back to them WU, if they pay by check. When the chck bounces, you are left holding the bag for the fake check, and your overpayment to the lad. You could get arrested, too. Evil or Very Mad
Don't ever bait these guys with your real email address, or name. They could have buddies in your neck of the woods. Only bait with a safe email addy and fake name.
They will typically send a message to you first saying, "I'm interested in your 'item' for sale, not naming the item specifically. If you see this, think scammer.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari [email protected] & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & [email protected] - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
marve091984
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Somewhere between Royston and Waltham Cross... But where?...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi there

If you want, you could always allow me to help you to waste their time by using my (Sadly bogus) logistics firm "Gr33n L!ne Transport" - I work at a bus and coach depot where some Gr33n L!ne services are based, so there's already a pretty naff website and a national rate phone number to call. This also gives a great drop address for crap cheques if you so feel. I've always wanted to send a scammer a pic of me wiping my arse with a bad cheque...

What fun.

BTW, I already have a cache of fake personas ready to do your bidding, just ask

Best wishes, happy baiting

Marve

-----

they came, they saw, they got embarrassed, they cleaned themselves off and left again...
Joethestoreowner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slaphappy, thanks for the advice. I get these all the time from people finding my website online. I own a dive shop obviously and I get lots of these and other scams every week. They ask for regulators or tanks....but always something I sell...

I have always wondered how far I could get these guys, but also have been intrepid about pushing it too far since they found my website and have my info. I will start posting my extra scams properly in the right place from now on. I am glad I found you guys. I also will look into finding a mentor to help me make it safer for me to play too...

Marve...feel free...I think that would be a great pic....

Joe

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic