SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How To Report Malicious Sites (Spam/Malware/etc)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RezoTheRed
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since none of the Admin incorporated this incredibly useful tip to prevent my confusion.. here is some advice for any anti-spam people.

1. This is not a good place to place bad links, check out http://www.castlecops.com/mirt and at the bottom, place the link inside and put the correct numbers/letters in the box.

2. If you want to deal with other miscellaneous scams, place them in here instead.

3. If you find a malicious file, please send it to www.virustotal.com and also send it to http://www.norman.com/microsites/nsic/ "submit file at the top" so the virus definition can be added to antivirus' globally.

To admin:

Is there a possibility we can chart a list of the BEST places for SPECIFIC forms of attacks considered "Misc" for the users that track those sorts of things to report MOST EFFECTIVELY.

Thanks.

Rezo

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rezo: It's nice that you've provided those links, but the reason you'll not find much information about those types of things here is because those are not what we deal with here. We fight Advance Fee Fraud. If your interest lies in fighting malware and spam, there are other forums set up for fighting those.

The snark in your post has been noted, again. Wink

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rezo
We are a site that deals with 419 scams. Please use google to research this type of scam if you are not familiar with it.
We do not incorporate useful tips for the scams you appear interested in, because it's NOT WHAT WE DO HERE. We don't fight spam and malware , or Viagara Scams on University Campuses.

I suggest you take your own advise and stop posting links to sites with viruses attached, and send them to one of the places you mention.

If you're not happy with the way we do things here, I'm sure there are other sites that will welcome you. I do suggest you join a malware/spam site though as it appears that this is where your interests lie.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.castlecops.com/forums.html

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RezoTheRed wrote:
Since none of the Admin incorporated this incredibly useful tip to prevent my confusion.. here is some advice for any anti-spam people. . . . . . . . .

Thank you for that Rezo.
However, as we keep pointing out to you, we at Eater do not deal with spam.
Similarly, we do not deal with knitting patterns, dog behaviour, car mechanics, bird box construction, bee keeping or pyrotechnics.
Please bugger off and annoy others who may be more interested in your crusade.

Thank you in anticipation of your smooth, silent and swift exit.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic