SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammers using Us Soldiers as bait, is this new ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Log
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im just a frequent visitor to 419 eater most of my scam mail i just ignore and delete but this one caught my attention, my Best friend Waylons in Iraq so this pissed me off and i just wanted to ask if you think this approach is new?
, also do a search on this jackasses email add [email protected], i think hes a realator in mexico.

CAN I TRUST YOU!!‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: Tue 11/18/08 8:06 AM
To:

I hope my email fine you well. I am in need of your assistance. My name is Sgt. Joey Jones. I am an American soldier serving in the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, we have just been posted out of Iraq and to return in a short while. My colleague and I need your help to transfer out the sum of Twenty Five Mllion U.S Dollars (US25.0M).

God Bless America!!

Sgt. Joey Jones

[email protected]
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, these lowest of low scams are prevalent. Evil or Very Mad

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome to Eater. Smile

Nothings new for the lads, it'll be Saddam's missing trunkbox full of cash again. They find it all the time.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And they are always "Sergeants".... Rolling Eyes

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Log
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

despite the name joey jones (it's like theyre realy trying hard to make up an american name), but 1st Armored Division....., how original.
Eniac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
And they are always "Sergeants".... Rolling Eyes

Oh no, I've already had some Sargents, Seargents and other variants... Laughing

But they are always Marines from 1st Armoured Division

Eniac

- ALHADJI FARUK

suxk my dick asshole go an die in helllllllllllllll - A. Povake

May your days never be long. you are a fraudster and please stop writing me because i will be force to send the italian mafia to kill you. bye forever you witch. - Barrister Mrs. Tori Freddy

Also don;t scarry when somebody from my romanian frieds will apper at your real home address. - Martina Tiffany alias Catalin Budoi

Mr please dont make o joke with us because we dont are stupid - Brejner Barbosa
sgreenstreet
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been scambaiting for almost five years now and I've seen this trash ever since I started. Funny, five years ago, the scam was Saddam Hussein's treasure that some GI was trying to extract before returning to the US.

Sid

Mortar x15
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers have been using photos and names of Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan to scam on Craig's list.

CLICKY

Just one more reason to fight the fight. Thumbs up
bluebaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's normally either Saddam's millions or its the parents of a dead serviceman trying to sell his Aston Martin for $50. I've even had the video clips of soldiers pawing through a trunkbox of Saddam's dirty money sent to me.

I am baiting a Master Sergeant Lad ATM. Scary thing is that, 3 mails into his script he sends me the Sergeant's scanned drivers licence, military ID card and other photos. Of course he received a large renamed .dll file in return, but I was kind of freaked out by the whole identity fraud component and am still wondering if I should somehow pass this onto the authorities.

These dudes have no scruples, dont be shocked by their lack of respect, accept it.

Dan Nkwerre "the group is doing pretty well and we needed to give them the hot beef injection to see how it will look like"

Badago Kabore "I am very busy here in finland the capital city of Paraguay"

Closed lad accounts x 2 Germany
Safari (Group Safari) Dan Port Harcourt - Abeche
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sgt Jarvis Reeves used to be the common name used in such a scam. He was the Charles Soludo of the Saddam trunk box modality.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soldier letters were one of the original scams, where they were locked in a Spanish prison, they had a lot of wealth and needed help.
Thats from the early 1900's, only the method of delivery has changed Sad

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spainsh Prisoner has been around longer than that and the prisoner wasn't usually a soldier (although I'm sure that format was used from time to time) as far as I know it was more often than not a man of great wealth with a pretty daughter of marriageable age ready to throw all her affections (that is the most polite way I can put it Laughing ) on the first kind gentleman who paid her daddys ransom.

The link to this info no longer exists:
Quote:
Spanish Prisoner Game (AKA: The Nigerian Letter Scam)

In 1588, various Englishmen were persuaded that a wealthy fellow countryman had been imprisoned by Phillip II of Spain. The investor that paid the prisoner's ransom would be amply rewarded financially, as well as getting the prisoner's beautiful and worried young daughter in marriage. Props included a treasure map and a provocative picture of the "daughter".

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

bluebaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, treasure map and pretty daughter I like the sound of that. In the interests of cultural heritage, is there a Bait in there. Pfretty girl gets the romance angle and treasure map gets the safari.

Dan Nkwerre "the group is doing pretty well and we needed to give them the hot beef injection to see how it will look like"

Badago Kabore "I am very busy here in finland the capital city of Paraguay"

Closed lad accounts x 2 Germany
Safari (Group Safari) Dan Port Harcourt - Abeche
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

I'm sure there is, as their nickname 'lads' suggests the sort of people running 419 scams are usually testostorone fuelled young men in their 20s and 30s. What young red blooded male could resist the temptation to go off on a safari if the carrot(s) been dangled in front of them is a big sack of cash and a pretty lady who would be ever so grateful if he went?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic