SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Holiday rental scams : looking for baiters

View next topic
View previous topic

Murakami
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in charge of a holiday rental apartment and I've received an awful lot of enquiries from scammers as they are very active in the holiday rental department. I've destroyed most of these enquiries, but saved some : if any of you is interested in baiting them, here are infos and e-mail adresses. If you need details on the holiday rental business (leases, websites advertising properties, etc.), please PM me or answer below.

Some of them are witing in French (most probably Ivory Coast lads), but I know some of you are and/or speak French...

IN ENGLISH

[email protected]

Greetings!
I am planning to visit XXXX from Friday, November 28th to Monday, December 8th with one friend. We already have plane tickets to fly there on those dates. We have not made any final arrangements for our trip and found you studio on craigslist. We are also considering spending either our first or second weekend in another area, but are interested in staying in your studio for one week regardless. Do you still have availability for that week? I look forward to hearing from you at your soonest convenience. Thank you for your time.
Jay Weber

(I am pretty sure this one is a scam, but I have no proof. It's just that it's written exactly like a scam, so...)

The following enquiry came in for you. Here are the details:
Name: Dorogi Levente
Email: [email protected]
Country of Residence: Hungary
Telephone: 00 36 20 967 7474
Mobile Tel: -
Day/Month/Year required from: 04/12/2008
Day/Month/Year required to: 14/12/2008
Time of arrival: 13:35
Number of nights: 10
Number of adults traveling: 2
Number of children traveling: 0
Age of Children: -
What is your age group: 20-30
List of Special Requirements: We would like live in XXXXX later. These 10 days will be our sight seeing trip with my girlfriend to check the walk of life, prices, and jobs.
Thank you for your answer
How did you find Holiday Velvet: Google

(This one is totally a scam : I got the exact same e-mail from someone else. Same dates, same enquiry, etc.)

IN FRENCH

[email protected]

Bonjour
Je suis MrLUC JEAN pour nos vacances j'aimerais louer votre établissement.
Période du 30 juillet 2008 au 30 SEPTEMBR 2008,
Nous sommes au nombres de 3 personnes.
Ceci dit je désire savoir si vous acceptez les règlements par carte de crédit à l'avance ou dans le cas contraire un virement bancaire.
Veuillez nous répondre dès que possible s'il vous plaît.
Cordialement.
Mr LUC JEAN
01 BP 1059 ABIDJAN 01
COCODY /RIVIERA
RUE DES CAFÉIERS
TEL: 00225 09 94 44 41

[email protected]

Bonjour Mr , Mme
Je suis Lionel Guiroux, pour nos vacances j'aimerais louer votre établissement pour 4 personnes.
Période du 05 Mai jusqu' au 30 Septembre 2008, Heure d'Arrivée : 12h30
Ceci dit je désire savoir si vous acceptez les règlements par chèque à l'avance ou dans le cas contraire un virement bancaire.
Veuillez nous repondre dès que possible s'il vous plait.
Cordialement.
Mr Lionel Guiroux
11 BP 2332 ABIDJAN 11
MARCORY ZONE 4C RUE PIERRE ET MARIE CURIE
[email protected]
TEL: 00225 05 12 40 12

[email protected]

Bonjour madame
J'ai consulté la disponibilité de votre studio, je compte venir seulement avec ma femme pour un séjour allant du 1avril au au 2 juin et faire une deuxième réservation pour mon fils du 1octobre au 28 septembre 2008. Faite moi donc le coût globale de la réservation et faite moi parvenir vos coordonnés bancaire pour que je vous fasse un virement dès demain car je compte régler la totalité par virement.
Mr Dammielo Songo
Murakami
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Plus

I am offering an already made website, complete with pictures to "advertise" a "property" !

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic