SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first bait - The Kima Lioud letters

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Clutch Cargo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first sustained scam bait involved the notorious Kima Lioud, who I found out was commonly used by quite a few of the "Lads". It went well, and I even obtained a trophy in the form of an "oath of allegiance" to the good ol' USA.

The first email that was sent, naturally, was not addressed to anybody in particular. I went on to use my first 3 responses as a template for future baits for some time, usually with great success. But not as good as this one

Quote:
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: Your Attention Needed...Reply

Compliment Friend,

I have a profiling amount in an excess of US$11.2M,which I seek your
partnership in accommodating for me.You will be rewarded with 40% of the total sum for your partnership. Can you be my partner on this??

INTRODUCTION OF MY SELF:
I am Ms. Kimaeva Lioudmila, a personal secretary to Mikhail hodorkovsky the richest man in Russia and owner of the following companies: Chairman CEO: YUKOS OIL (Russian Most Largest Oil Company) Chairman CEO: Menatep SBP Bank (A reputable financial institution with its branches all over the world).

SOURCE OF FUNDS:
The documents of the above fundsin question was handed over to me to be used in payment of an American oil merchant for his last oil deal with my boss Mikhail Khodorkovsky. Already the funds have been eposited some where in the UK (undisclosed for now), where the final crediting is expected to be carried out. While I was on the process,My Boss got arrested for his involvement on politics in financing the leading and opposing political parties (the Union of Right Forces, led by Boris Nemtsov, and Yabloko, a liberal/social democratic party led by Gregor Yavlinsky) which poses treat to President Vladimir Putin second tenure as Russian president. You can catch more of the story on this http://newsfromrussia.com/main/2003/11/13/51215.html

YOURROLE:
All I need from you is to stand as the beneficiary of the above quoted sum and I will arrange for the documentation which will enable transfer of the sum to you. I have decided to use this sum to relocate to American continent and never to be connectedto any of Mikhail Khodorkovsky conglomerates. The transaction has to be concluded in 2 weeks. As soon as I get your willingness to comply through my most private email address Reply to:([email protected]), I will give you more details.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Miss Kima Lioud

Here is my first reply:

To: Ms. Kima Lioud
Subject: Transfer of Funds

Quote:
Dear Ms. Kima Lioud

I am in receipt of your e-mail dated 18April2007. I am intrigued by your proposal to transfer 10.5 Million dollars(US) to an overseas location. I stand ready to assist you in any way possible.

Due to the sensitive nature of this transaction I would require, as a sign of good faith, a letter of credit from the banking insitution in question. Mind you, my good man, I have no doubt as to your trustworthiness or integrity. Our banking laws are such that transfer of funds to an overseas account, regardless of point of origin, would require a letter of credit, as the resources in question would need to be catalogued. Would you be so kind as to send me an email with a facsimile copy of this letter of credit? Jolly good!

In addition to a letter of credit, my organization would also require an Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America. This is merely a formality, as our banking laws are very strict in regards to the intentions of overseas member banks who wish to conduct business with us. Your pledge of fealty to the USA would certainly go a long way toward the establishment of trust and good will that is the hallmark of such transactions. Here is the Oath of Allegiance, in its entirety:

"I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America. And to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All."

So, could you send me the letter of credit and a signed oath of allegiance to the United States, post haste? The sooner you send me these documents, old chap, the sooner we can get down to the important business of transferring these funds. As always, discretion is of the utmost importance, so not a word to anyone regarding this affair. It will be our little secret.

Ta-Ta, for now, Dear Ms. Lioud. May the coming year bring you health, happiness and, the Good Lord Willing, a healthy profit from the business we are so keen to conduct.

Sincerely, Your humble servant,

The Honorable Wilberforce Winthrop III

Kima wasted no time in responding:

Quote:
To: Wilberforce Winthrop III
Subject: Dearest Wilberforce Winthrop

Dearest Wilberforce Winthrop,

Thanks once more for your prompt reply to my mail, I am very willing to forge ahead with you. Like I said in my first letter, I am representing Mr.Mikhail Khodorkovsky (m.k.) and would like to ask for your partnership in re-profiling funds over US$11.2million I sent our current conversational status to London and have received the authority to proceed with you, and get some clarifications both ways.

Before I am able to give out the information that will enable you access confidential data-pages of Mikhail, I would need some information as follows:

(1) Have you handled large funds, and were successfully?

(2) If you have problems, do they affect your activities you undertake with us as an individual rather than a corporate entity?

(3) What is your networth?

(4) Can you travel to London within the short notice of say three days?

All the answers will be kept very confidential. I must explain why we are asking these questions: If you do have existing profile problems, we may end up inheriting your backlog thus creating a problem where none exist. We intend to liquidate a large investment, and take the capital app. derivative to provide a new investment fund, under your management, for future investments, thus negating any requirements for taxation or declaration of process for income generation.Hence answer the questions in honesty, and let us know if we are comfortable with you. Please write back promptly

Yours Truly

Miss Kima Lioud

Note: Please take note that the transfering Bank will be able to send you what you requested, but we have to proceed first. And I will give further detail on how to claims the funds.

For my second response, I decided to layer on some more bullshit. As you will see as the bait goes on, the layers keep piling up, to the point of needing a shovel. Not that it was any deterrence to Ms. Lioud. Very Happy

Quote:
Subject: Transfer Preparation

My Dear Ms. Lioud

How are you, my Dear Lady? I have just finished a Video Teleconference with the Winthrop Foundation Executive Council. You will be gratified to know that the Council has taken the extraordinary step of forwarding your proposal to the Foundation's Steering Committee. Under normal circumstances your proposal would languish within the Executive Council's Legal Affairs Department, but they have seen the merit of proceeding directly to Stage 1(a) of the Debenture process. You should be right pleased!

The Winthrop Foundation, historically, rarely involves itself with sums as small as 11.2 million dollars. As a rule, the Executive Council will not get involved in Account Transfers that amount to less than 200 million dollars. In fact, most of our clientele are accustomed to Transfer amounts of 500 million dollars or more.

The Council did express reservations, though, regarding our commission as expressed in your original correspondence. My Dear Kima, you must understand that the profit margins on account transfers are very slim, especially when the dollar amounts involved are less than 100 million dollars.

Your initial proposal suggested a commission to the Winthrop Foundation not to exceed 40% of 11.2 million dollars, with 55% of that amount reverting back to your bank's reserve, and 5%, which is standard in these transfers, going toward incidental expenses that either of our parties may incur. Might I make a suggestion? I propose a division of 43% to 52%, with the 5% going toward incidentals to remain unchanged. I dare say the Council and the Steering Committee will be agreeable to such a disposition of funds, by jove!

Our initial requirements, of course, remain the same. I shall look forward to your next email, with both the Letter of Credit and the signed Oath of Allegiance attached. In the meantime, our Legal Affairs team is hard at work on Stage 1(a) of the Debenture process. With any luck, we can broaden the profit margin, which can only be beneficial for both of us. Jolly Good!

Health and Happiness to you, my Dear Lady.

Best Regards, your most humble servant,

Wilberforce

The key to success, in my opinion, is to seize the narrative as early as possible and turn it around quickly, convincing your scammer that it is actually they who stand to benefit. Their greed blinds their common sense, and then they're hooked.

Her next response is as if she cut and pasted right off the template, not even reading what I had previously sent her, with the exception of the post script at the bottom of the email, acknowleding our my counterproposal of a new division of non-existent funds. What's a stage 1(a) debenture process? Who the hell knows!

Quote:
Subject: Dearest Wilberforce

Dearest Wilberforce,

In receipt of your email, we shall proceed to the next stage of the transaction. Wilberforce, I will need us to do the business deal clean and fast.Hence, attached is my working I.D for your reference and I will also need yours for documentation. In short, I will need the following details from you to enable the company Attorney document the paper works for the international client awaiting payment (Wilberforce) for the fund transfer.

The following is what I need to facilitate the transaction:

I. Full Legal Name

2. Your working I.D or passport or driving licence any of the following will be ok.

3. Your Present contact Address and Phone number.

Immediately these are provided, I shall forward it to the Attorney who will continue with the Notarisation and documentation. As soon as it is vetted satisfactory then the fund can be transfered to the international client account (Wilberforce). That is how it is being run down here.

I anticipate to your positive responds in this regard.

Yours Truely

Miss. Kima

Note: Well I understood your email, I will agree for the 43%-55%

My next response, I just decided to get creative and do a whole stream of consciousness riff. I threw in some popular culture in the form references to a couple of characters from the movie Animal House, and just decided to have fun with it. Although this was one of my longer emails, it probably only took about 5 minutes to type it up. Jolly Good!! Laughing

Quote:
Subject: Account Transfer/debenture process nearing completion

Dear Kima

Thank you for your prompt response to my previous correspondence. I see that you are an employee of Yukos Oil Company. Jolly Good! The Winthrop Foundation, through its corporate endeavors, has been investing in the petroleum industry for decades.

Have you by chance ever heard of Lord Brackish? He was a self trained geologist and oil prospector of some reknown, and a close friend of my uncle, the 5th Earl of Derkashire. It is said that Brackish could detect oil merely by tasting the top soil or sand over which it sat. In fact, the Empty Quarter in Saudi Arabia, known in the Arabic language as Rub Al-Khali, is called that because Lord Brackish determined back in the 1940s that no oil was to be found in that hellish section of the planet. Regrettably, Lord Brackish was killed a few years back in a kiln explosion along with his personal secretary, Fawn Lebowitz and her fiancé Eric Stratton. We are all better people for having known him.

The Winthrop Foundation has, as a measure of good faith, decided to proceed to Stage 2(b) of the debenture process, which will be followed by a conference involving the Executive Council, Steering Committee and our Legal Affairs Department. We expect to have a full report sometime toward the end of this week, or at the beginning of next week at the latest.

The Stage 2(b) is important in another respect in that we no longer require a Letter of Credit. Simply the Oath of Allegiance, as outlined in my first correspondence, will suffice. You will also be gratified to know that the 4% of the funds set aside for incidental expenses has been released, and we will have your share, 2% of the total, ready sometime around the weekend of May 5. That is a tidy sum, by our calculations your share comes out to $224,000 US. You should be right pleased that the debenture process has proceeded so quickly.

As is customary, we will issue either a cashiers check or hard currency, whichever you prefer. Please let us know whether you would like that issued in US dollars or in the Euro. Unfortunately, those are the only two currencies we are allowed to disburse. Also, if you would be so kind as to let us know the date you plan on traveling to the US, so that we may issue either the check or the currency. We can hold your 2% for up to a month, after which it reverts back to the Winthrop Corporation General Fund. After the incidental money is disbursed to you personally, we will be able to conduct the transfer of the balance of the 11.2 million to an account of your choosing.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, Ms. Lioud. Please extend our best wishes to all of our friends at the Yukos Oil Company, and their continued good health and good fortune.

My warmest regards,

Wilberforce Winthrop III

I figured she was probably on to me after this last email, and that I wouldn't get a response. Instead, she contacts me with a promise to send the pledge of allegiance. Oh, ye of little faith...

Quote:
To:Wilberforce Winthrop III
Subject: Dearest Wilberforce Winthrop III

Dearest Wilberforce Winthrop III

Thanks for your response to my email, sorry we are very busy at the moment, I will be sending you a letter of Oath of Allegiance and detailed email on Monday, and I hope we will be able to complete this transaction and have the money transfer within the next 8-10 business day.

I will get back to you

Best Regards

Ms Kima Lioud

After a couple days, she sends me another email, and she simply typed out the "Pledge of Allegiance" in the body of her correspondence. As I point out to her in my next email, that simply will not do...

Quote:
Subject: Legal Affairs requirement/Oath attachment

My dearest Kima

I have received your latest correspondence outlining your desire to complete the transaction, and I am still awaiting further guidance from the Foundation’s Steering Committee. I am afraid, however, that our Legal Affairs section is reluctant to go any further until you have submitted the Oath of Allegiance, as presented in my original correspondence to you, back as an email attachment with your signature.

Our banking procedures are such that the submission of any Oath other than the version that I outlined for you will be considered cause for termination of any further negotiation of our present transaction, as well as any future business proposals you or the Yukos Oil Company may present to the Winthrop Foundation. Here, again, is the Oath of Allegiance in its entirety:

“I pledge Allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America. And to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.”

I eagerly await your next correspondence, with the signed Oath attachment, so that we may proceed to the next stage in the disbursement of the incidental funds to you, and hasten the transfer of the $11.2 million dollars.

My very best regards,

Wilberforce Winthrop III

5 days go by, and since I have not heard from her, I decide to forward the same email, with message asking if she had received it. Finally, more than a week after last contacting her, I receive Kima's reply...

Quote:
Subject: Dearest Wilberforce

Dearest Wilberforce,

I received your email and I acknowledge the receipt, I have already sent to you the Oath of Allegiance via email attachment as it is been done in Russia and that same day I also sign the one that is in accordance with the US Law, but I could not attach that one in the same day hoping that the one from Russia which is according with Russian federation law will be enough to execute this transaction.

Also, find attached below a signed Oath of Allegiance that is according to the US law. I will await your response so we will be able to move over to the next stage of the execution of this transaction, and to have it completed within the next few days.

Awaiting your prompt response

Regards

Ms Kima Lioud

And sure enough, attached to the email, was a signed "Oath of Allegiance". Everything from this point forward, IMO, was gravy.

On to the business of transferring non-existent funds, and the introduction of another player on my end, my lawyer, Jack E. Chiles Sr. Anybody who has watched Seinfeld will know where I'm coming from. I even sent an attachment of an ID that pictured Greg Morris, who in real life was the father of the actor who played Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld...

Quote:
Subject: Yukos Transaction

Dear Kima

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Jack Chiles, Lead Corporate Counsel for the Winthrop Corporation and Chairman of the Legal Affairs Department for the Winthrop Foundation.

Mr. Winthrop asked me to contact you regarding the Yukos transaction, as he was invited at the last minute to the State Dinner held in honor of Her Majesty, The Queen of England, on Monday evening. He was quite surprised to receive an invitation, at the last minute no less, as there has been bad blood between the Windsors and the Winthrops dating back to the Earl of Derkashire’s youth. He attended Eton with Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, and on a visit to the Queen’s country estate one weekend, the Earl made the grave error of mistaking the Queen’s beloved Corgi, Tweekie, for a Fox while hunting one morning. It has made for awkward silences whenever the Winthrops and Windsors are together ever since, and the Queen decided that the time was ripe to bury the hatchet, so to speak.

Mr. Winthrop is due to return to our Chicago Headquarters later this evening, he was delayed briefly this afternoon when his Gulfstream was grounded due to a mechanical problem. I have reviewed all of the relevant documents, and after conferring with the Council and Steering Committee, have concluded that everything is in order. In fact, we may be able to squeeze a little bit more juice out of the incidental funds that are to be disbursed, by about 1% point, which would mean an extra $56,000 for each of our parties. As Mr. Winthrop is fond of saying, Jolly Good!

Please communicate with us how you would like your proceeds from the division of the incidental funds to be disbursed, I believe Mr. Wintrhop has outlined the various disbursement methods. I have taken the liberty of adding a week to the normal amount of time allowed for the funds to remain available, in lieu of the misunderstanding regarding the Oath document. Therfore, we have until the end of May to complete the initial stage of the transaction, the disbursement of the incidental funds that you are due. Please let us know the date that you will be coming to Chicago , so that we may have either the check or the hard currency prepared for either yourself or one of your representatives. I am sure Mr. Winthrop will be in touch with you prior to that date.

Sincerely,

Jack E. Chiles Sr.

Kima responds, and she can practically taste her share of the "incidental" funds. She's even promising to come to the States to pick them up....

Quote:
Subject: Dear Mr. Jack E. Chiles Sr

Dear Mr. Jack E. Chiles Sr.

I received your mail and attach ID; the content of your mail was well noted. I hope by now Mr. Winthrop is back to Chicago. Regarding the incidental funds to be disburse please note that I will not be able to come to Chicago personally for the incidental funds, but I will come over immediately the transaction is completed and the $11.2MUSD is transfer, apart from that, I have to start working on the paper work immediately with the assistance of my company Attorney, so there will not be any time to travel at the moment.

Also I will be supplying you our company agent bank account details once the incidental funds is ready. Please contact me immediately and let me know when the incidental funds is ready for wiring so I can supply you the Bank account details which I just stated above.

More so, upon the confirmation of the incidental funds in the account supply, we will immediately go over to the next stage for the completion of this transaction, I do not want us to entertain further delay any more.

I will await for your response, and please let me know when the incidental funds is ready.

Regards,

Ms Kima Lioud

So far, things have been running very smoothly. I thought it was time to interject yet another character into the plot, Dr. Kofi Wisdom. What's a bait without some high tension drama? And skullduggery?

Quote:
Subject: Transaction Interference

Dearest Kima

How are you? I have been preoccupied the last few days, what with the State Dinner with Her Majesty on Monday evening and other pressing Foundation business. The Queen, I must say, is in robust health, very spry for a woman of her advancing years. I have only met her, admittedly, on two other occasions, but it was like we saw each other just yesterday. She still has her wonderful sense of humor, laughing at my off colour, ribald jokes. Most people don't know this about Her Majesty, but prior to the abdication of her uncle, King Edward VIII, and her ascension to 2nd in line for the throne, she secretly trained to become a vaudevillian. Her Majesty certainly has a wicked sense of humour, to be sure.

Now, I met with Jack Chiles, our Legal Counsel at the foundation, and a couple of issues have come to my attention, not the least of which is the disbursement the incidental funds. My dear Kima, our banking laws are quite strict about the manner in which these funds may be handed over. The funds are currently being held in escrow at a secure location. It's simply a matter of arranging a time for you or one of your US representatives to visit Chicago to accept them personally. We stand ready to greet you at any time before May 31. Please contact Mr. Chiles with the details of your itinerary. I'm sure we can arrange a company limo to meet you at the airport.

On to a more distressing development, one which I'm afraid cannot be ignored any longer. We have received correspondence from a gentleman who identifies himself as Dr. Kofi Wisdom, and Dr. Wisdom states that it is he who is entitled to the perecentage not only of the $11.2 million, but also the full share that has been set aside from the incidental funds. This is quite puzzling, as I was sure we had an agreement that was ironclad and secure from interference from outside parties.

I'm afraid, Dear Kima, that there is skullduggery afoot! I intend to get to the bottom of this, and in furtherance of that cause, I would like you to contact Dr. Wisdom via email to find out as much as possible, discreetly of course, concerning his intentions toward this transaction. It is quite clear that this Wisdom fellow has penetrated my inner sanctum, and it is incumbent upon you to assist me in thwarting this diabolical plot.

Here is his email address: [email protected]

Please report back to me at the earliest possible juncture, so that we may put this sordid mess behind us and continue the transaction process in the spirit of trust and goodwill that has always been the standard at the Wintrhop Foundation, as I'm sure it has been at Yukos.

Warmest Regards,

Wilberforce Winthrop III

I am now wearing 3 hats, and monitoring two email accounts. I won't go into detail concerning Wisdom's correspondence with Kima. Suffice to say she showed her true colors.

I've really gotten her off script and totally absorbed in my version of events. Her next email is one of her longest yet. I can't imagine how much time she spent on it.

Quote:
Subject: Dear Mr. Wilberforce

Dear Mr. Wilberforce,

It is a pleasure to welcome you back to Chicago and I hope you have a nice time over there in the UK. Regarding your response to my last email it is quiet sure that you did not understood the content of my email, on ready my second correspondence with you, were I clearly stated the nature of this business on how we are to transact and complete every part of it without a third party interference, right now I quiet shock about how this person name Dr. Kofi Wisdom came into the transaction, are you sure men in your company are not given out secret information about this business?

Please, you have to address then in not communicating this transaction with any person out your company on any manner. Well, I will contact the said person name Dr. Kofi Wisdom, and treat this matter out thoroughly, because is not a staff nor do any one known this person in Yukos Oil Company that I will treat immediately, please from you own end do not give out any information out relating to this transaction out to this named person Dr. Kofi Wisdom, and do not contact the said person Dr. Kofi Wisdom any more and for any reason, disregard email from this person and delete without reading, no phone call with this person for any thing relating to this transaction, we do not know where this said person Dr. Kofi Wisdom jumped out from, so we have to avoid this said person with all means.

More so, as regarding my coming over to Chicago or send a representative, I want to bring to your interest that if I happen to travel out of Russia and come back within a few days, it will be a big threat to my life. Reasons in my second correspondence with you, I stated that clearly that this funds need to be reprofile to your name or your company name which will make you or your company the new beneficiary to the new funds and I started out your commission in helping me to do this.

I did it that way so as to prevent my direct interference with this transaction because everything has to be done secret now, and doesn't required me to move around like you are requesting so as to avoid suspiciousness in monitoring my movement and affairs by the monitoring intelligence set by the Russia Government to monitor the arrest of my boss and to avoid seeking foreign assistance for his release. In this way, I have to work with you silently without alarm so I can be able to work closely with my company attorney in doing or the paper work and signing the necessary files that will allow the transfer of the total funds.

Meanwhile, my company attorney has started paper work on our frozen funds of USD5b in Switzerland Bank, and if we are fast in completing the transferring the $11.2M on time, we might be able to work with my company attorney to transfer the USD5b provided the company attorney percentage is inclusive, that was according to the statement of my company attorney recently.

In facilitating the transferring of the $11.2M, I cannot send down a representative to collect the incidental funds disbursement because of the secrecy involved and I cannot come down because of my status here, and I do not want to return back to Russia after the completion of this transaction so as to prevent myself in getting into trouble with the Russia Government.

Since the US banking law is strict, against and questioned the transferring large amount out of the United State, My advice is that I going to provide you with several correspondent bank with the assistance of my company attorney so you can wire the money in to the tune of $40,000 and $50,000 respectively to each account provided, so that the money can be wire without questioning.

I quiet sure you understood all that I have said and you have to comply with my terms so we can be able to complete this transaction on time without any further delay, because this is the only means I think this can be completed on time.

I await your quick response

Regards

Ms Kima Lioud

I decide to let her stew for several days, and in fact she holds off inquiring what the hold up is for about 4 days. She sends me this short email, asking about what's going on...

Quote:

Dear Mr. Wilberforce.

Please I am still waiting for your response regarding my recent correspondence with you, please get back to me so we could be able to complete this transaction in the shortest of time.

Awaiting your email.

Regards

Ms Kima

I respond immediately upon receiving her latest correspondence, and add another character to story, Walter Sobchak. In the midst of all this, I find out from a friend that a private equity firm called Prana has bought out Yukos, and decide to integrate that into the ongoing saga...

Quote:
Subject: Transaction Update

Dearest Kima

I am currently in the midst of a conference with various members of the Foundation's Executive Council and Steering Committe. We are still discussing the latest developments regarding the outside interference by Dr. Wisdom.

So far, our investigation into this Wisdom fellow has borne no fruit. However, we just found out that Yukos has been bought by Prana, a private equity firm. I am sure, with all of the negotiations going on not only between you and I, but also between the Yukos Oil Co. and their new owner, that you were unable to bring this to my attention. No matter, I am sure we can still work out a deal, no matter what the name of the company. Have you received a new title at Prana yet? Either way, I congratulate you and our friends at Yukos on the successful buyout. Jolly Good!

Have you found out any more about this Wisdom chap? I do fear that he may still be a fly in the ointment. The more information that we can obtain independently, the better. I propose that we continue our negotiations into the transfer of the main body of funds, as if nothing is amiss, while we continue to probe more deeply into Wisdom and whoever he may be representing.

I have my top investigator, Walter Sobchak, hard at work on this matter. Sobchak is an old KGB hand that we hired after the collapse of the Soviet Union. If anybody can get to the bottom of this, he can. He is currently enroute to Moscow, and I would appreciate if you would give him your full cooperation if the need arises. Sobchak is one of our most trusted operatives, and a good shot to boot. He's pulled my pickle out of the brine on more than one occasion, by jove.

As for the disbursement of the incidental funds, the Steering Committee has decided that can proceed as scheduled. You or your representative have until the end of this month to arrange for the pickup. I would deeply regret if you were not able to do so, we will do what we can to hold them until the last possible moment before they revert back to the Winthrop Corporations General Fund. Again, any light that you or you representatives can shed on this Wisdom matter, please contact me at once. I look forward to seeing you before the end of May.

Warmest Regards,

Wilberforce Winthrop III

We are definitely fast approaching the end game. Kima reverts to form, and finally gets back to asking for the personal and business information that she asked for so many emails ago.

Quote:

Dear Mr. Wilberforce,

I acknowledge the receipt of your email, and I don not know why the delay from your end regarding the completion of this transaction, well as for the Dr. Wisdom I have contacted him, he his not an issue so don’t bother about him at all, he don’t have deep information about this transaction.

Well, I’m currently working on how to come over for the incidental funds disbursement, if I cannot make it I will send a representative.

Please I want you to provide me with the following information of your office.

1. Name of whom to contact
2. Address of your office
3. Phone and fax number
4. Cell phone number
5. Time to call your office

As soon as I receive this information, I will let you know the next step.

Awaiting your response

Regards,

Ms Kima Lioud

In my last email to Kima, I've told her that the deal to transfer the main body of funds has been put on hold, but that the "incidental" funds are still available. That is, if she or a reprsentative can get to the states before the deadline to pick them up, or the non-existent funds revert back to the Winthrop Corporation.

Quote:
Subject: The Transfer Transaction

My Dear Kima

Winthrop here, we are still delving into the particulars of the Prana takeover of Yukos. Have you by chance met any of the executive officers in the new company? Try as we might, we still have not come up with much information on Kofi Wisdom. We know he exists, but until we have something more solid, I'm afraid we will have to postpone the transfer of the main body of funds.

The incidental funds are still available, of course, and there is still a little over one week to complete their disbursement. Again, if they are not claimed by that time, these funds will revert back to the Winthrop Corporation.

Continued good health to you, Kima, and I will be in touch. Jack Chiles is still awaiting word from Walter Sobchak, whom we have not heard from since Friday. We are a little concerned, since he is usually quite punctual about checking in with our Legal Affairs Department. Here's hoping for the best.

Warm Regards,

Wilberforce Winthrop III

At this point, I've decided to send a message to the FBI Internet Crime division, and tell them I have a 419 scammer offering to come meet me in the US.

Of course, I never hear from them.

Here is Kima's last, forlorn email.

Quote:

Dear Mr. Wilberforce

I received your email, please forward to me the contact details of your office and whom to contact, so I can send my representative down to cash the incidental disbursement fund.

I shall await your quick response

Regards

Ms Kima

On a whole, this was a good learning experience and a fair amount of fun. I actually looked forward to the incoming emails. I also learned that you can be as outlandish as you please in the stories you spin, as long as you give the scammer some hope that they've got something coming.

Hope you enjoyed my little reverse scam. Ciao.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done, but I'm curious, how long did you keep this bait going? The only date that I saw was 18 APR 2007...

edit..dig around the surplus letters forum and you might find an FBI scammer. Its great fun to introduce one of those to whoever you're dealing with =)

<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150435">Closed lad accounts</a>X2 <a href="http://www.twatchurch.co.cc/index.html">TWAT</a> *Job 38:11* <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152526&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">Deuzer's EZ Forms</a> | <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144491&highlight=tempest+transport">TT</a> | <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151052">Tools</a>
"if you cannot be able to send me the MTCN numbers only and not this crab of shit I will not stress my self again"-Steve-O
Clutch Cargo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A total of 5 weeks, which includes the time I delayed responding back. As for how much time I spent composing the various emails and photo IDs to send, I'd say I spent about 2 hours altogether over those 5 weeks.

BTW, does anybody know how I could attach some JPEG images on this site? I would like to post both the "Oath of Allegiance" Kima sent as well as some of the photo IDs I produced to lend credibility to the bait.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

www.photobucket.com
www.tinypic.com

There you go Very Happy

Looks good so far, mask out names in emails and when you post the stuff, put FAKE all over it.

Good luck Very Happy

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

5 weeks!!! Well done! You should create another email addy and bait them from that Wink

edit.. I've decided to bait your lad@[email protected] I'm really liking the 40% cut I should receive of the 11mil, but I want to see it in writing first so I'm having her write it by hand and sign it too.

Wish me luck!

<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150435">Closed lad accounts</a>X2 <a href="http://www.twatchurch.co.cc/index.html">TWAT</a> *Job 38:11* <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152526&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">Deuzer's EZ Forms</a> | <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144491&highlight=tempest+transport">TT</a> | <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151052">Tools</a>
"if you cannot be able to send me the MTCN numbers only and not this crab of shit I will not stress my self again"-Steve-O
vonRichtofen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

another Khodorovsky guy? It gives plenty of suggestions to complicate the plot: russian authorities - Putin and the FSB - investigations, FBI looking for money laundering, criminals trying to kidnap you, even other Khodorovsky former friends or partners greedily looking for their share of the money...
Enough to write a spy-story with.
April 2007 looks very old. Are you sure it is still ongoing? Shocked

sorry i am not with you, you keep laying everyday lie and new lie from your mouth. Victor Str4sser
We sympathise over your plight with the BIRDS - European Commission
the ploice will be on his side beacuse he is a citizen of NIRGERIA - Henry G0ld
You will be arrested and presecuted as a terrorist - ASS IGP. KOFI JERRY
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support the Motherland! donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 1 year and 3 months
Clutch Cargo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of the most fun I had on this was coming up with IDs to send her to add some credibility. For Wilberforce Winthrop III, I used the character actor who played J. Peterman on Seinfeld.

Jack E. Chiles Sr. was portrayed by Greg Morris, who was best known for playing Barney on the old Mission Impossible TV series. He was also the real life father of the actor who played Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld. As you can see, I'm a big fan of Seinfeld. Very Happy

I can't find my Walter Sobchak ID. Sobchak was a character in the movie The Big Lebowski, and was played by John Goodman.

At one point, I even put Frank Costanza on the case as part of an "Asset Recovery" team.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the trophy I received. It isn't much to look at, just the typed pledge of allegiance with her "signature". Still, a small victory. Not as amazing as the video of the two goofs re-enacting the "Blue Norwegian Parrot" skit from Monty Python, though.

Now that was a trophy to end all trophies.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good job, but don't use fake id's. As dumb and obvious they may seem, people can be fooled! They can reuse them.

minester

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic