SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yet another invoice moment

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

has a second bait involving the estate of Mr J1m Ge0rg1eva (who "worked with the British Railways for over two decade before the cold hand of death took him away on the 3rd of December 2004at about2:00AM"), and his terminally ill widow Tatiana (cancer and a stroke, but not "stroke sickness"). Mal is to pick up $30 million to give to charity.

We're at the stage where the Security Company holding the money is expecting nearly twenty grand to be delivered to them:

Quote:
All you need to do when you arrive London is to pay the demurrage (about $20.000.00) to us, and we then hand over the cosignment to you.

Simple as, eh?

Quote:
Please give me an invoice for the demurrage. It seems rather a lot of money.

Not so simple, it seems:

Quote:
I have given you the invoice in my earlier email to you, once again, it is $19.702.00 only.

Mal was icily polite:

Quote:
I don't like your tone, but I'll be polite nonetheless.
You didn't send me any invoice previously; you simply stated the sum of money in the text of the previous email. That is not (and can't be) an invoice.
Please send an actual invoice for my records.

Well, at least he doesn't confuse invoice and receipt:

Quote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you, We dont attach documents by emails, besides, you are a third party claimant. When you arrive U.K, you pay our fees and you are issued with a receipt and the consignment delivered to you.

I'd earlier sent on documents provided by the Lad lawyer:

Quote:
If I can attach documents for your benefit, then I don't see why you can't. I also don't see what being a "third party claimant" has to do with it either.
The fact is that the bank needs the paperwork to issue me a check for the fee.
I expect you to work with me on this.

At this point the Lad lawyer chipped in (I'd earlier complained about the security Lad's attitude) and it seems he doesn't know the difference:

Quote:
What invoice do you want the security firm to send to you? The invoice should be on what, because I don’t really understand when you said you want them to send an invoice to you, or have you make the payment to them that makes you to be demanding for an invoice from them, please let me know.

So Mal replied with a little temper showing:

Quote:
I feel odd trying to explain English meanings to a British lawyer, but needs must as the devil drives as they say...
I want an invoice from Securicor because they want close to $20,000 for demurrage fees (which is a heck of a lot for family treasures - I wonder if they suspect what it really is). I'm going to get a check for that amount, and the laws here require documentation for transactions that big. I know for a fact that the same rules obtain in the US. That's why I want an invoice.
Now you wrote, "have you make the payment to them that makes you to be demanding for an invoice from them" - of course not! If I'd made the payment I'd have asked for a receipt, not an invoice. You do know the difference, right?

That's twice that I've mentioned cheques and they haven't jumped on me for that yet!

Now it gets a little bit funny. First the lawyer:

Quote:
I received your mail and I try to make some little research and I was told that invoice can only be demanded if some body is buying a car or buying goods, but in this case, you are not buying anything from the securicor but rather you are trying to retrieve a consignment box that was deposited for a safe keeping, so I don’t think that invoice is necessary and I want you to know that the security firm did not know the content of the deposit based on what my client told me.
Finally if you think that the invoice is going to cause a delay on this transaction, kindly prepare your self and travel down for the claim because according to my client, this is supposed to have been concluded long ago or if you have any other alternative way you can make this claim without invoice, kindly do so.

Then the Security guy:

Quote:
If we were to be an 'auto-shop' perharps we would have provided you with proforma-invoce and understandably so too, but we have our policy which we have moral and legal right to enforce and this transaction can not be an exception.

Now Cammy would have exploded by now, but Mal's far more controlled in his reply to the Lawyer and the Security guy respectively. The reference to a hospital and a funeral home refer to the death of a friend that I told the Lads about a few days ago:

Quote:
With all due respect to your esteemed source - he's blowing smoke. Let me explain.
An invoice is not only about goods; it's about services. I expect to receive an invoice from the hospital for Brad's care and another from the funeral home once the service is done.
Securicor expects me to show up with nearly $20,000 and there is no way on earth that I am going to get a check and take it with me to London just on their word alone. The fact is that the bank demands documentary proof of the intended payee - it's a post 9/11 matter.
You suggested that I prepare an invoice myself - uh, no, Mr Cole, that is called forgery and I don't intend to take that risk.

Quote:
I see you and my lawyer went to the same source for advice, and I'm sorry to find out that you got bad advice too.
I'm expecting to receive invoices from a hospital and a funeral home soon on the matter of a friend's illness and death. Neither of those places is in any way related to "auto-shops".
If I'm to pay your demurrage fee I'll need an invoice; no ifs or buts. As I said before - please work with me on this.

Hopefully, more to come!

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hopefully you'll get your invoice.

According to EU Law :

The European Union requires a VAT (value added tax) identification number on invoices between entities registered for VAT[3]. If seller and buyer belong to two different EU countries, both VAT identification numbers must be on the invoice in order to claim VAT exemption (VAT exemption according to directive 77/388/CEE of 17 May 1977). In the UK, if the issuing entity is not registered for VAT, the invoice must state that it is "not a VAT invoice".

But I'm sure that your Lad will already know this and wouldn't forget to put it on the invoice.

There's more here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invoice

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
parrot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk about a lazy lad! He would rather argue the fact then provide an invoice.

LOL

"I got your email and you made me laugh, I guess you have slapped a lawyer before, if you slap me, I will jail you, WELL JUST JOKING, I guess I triggered your anger, by my ealier speech, I AM VERY SORRY, I was so stressed up in the court today"

"these documents are personal as they are alot of scams around and need certain of these informationd for their personal use."
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads have absolutely no concept of an invoice. It's a good thing, as it might save quite a few victims who actually do need one. Those documents must have been left right out of the lad training kit. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
parrot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is good information to know.

"I got your email and you made me laugh, I guess you have slapped a lawyer before, if you slap me, I will jail you, WELL JUST JOKING, I guess I triggered your anger, by my ealier speech, I AM VERY SORRY, I was so stressed up in the court today"

"these documents are personal as they are alot of scams around and need certain of these informationd for their personal use."
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He stood his ground:

Quote:
I received your mail and I did not tell you to forge any document as regards to the invoice and in case you don’t understand what I mean, I said if the invoice is going to be a kind of causing a delay on this matter that you should prepare your self and travel to London and make the claim.

, you have been discussing with the Secur1c0r on the issue of this invoice, I will advise you to get this issue solved with the Secur1c0r because we cannot take for the sake of invoice and get stalked here after putting every document on your name and you cannot tell me that you cant get this money from your bank except with an invoice for your own personal money or are borrowing the money from your bank? Because I never see where somebody wants to withdrew his personal money from his or her bank account, and the bank is demanding for an invoice, I never see or heard that.

Please let me know,

But Mal wasn't shifting:

Quote:
I cannot believe that a lawyer - a BRITISH lawyer at that - doesn't understand how things have changed since 9/11. Banks now require documentation to record details of transactions above certain amounts. It is SOP here and in the United States, as well I know.

Ever since the bombings of 05, the UK must have come into line with the rest of the Western world! The fact is that we are the War on Terror - you may remember that I was badly injured in that war - and everyone, everywhere, is expected to be vigilant. As well as that, it is everyone's civic duty to avoid behaviour that gives rise to suspicion. Making sizeable money transfers is one thing that has to be done by the book and with all the ducks in a row.

Secur1c0r is demanding $20,000 from me. I will pay them when they give me a formal demand for it. Nothing is going to change that. In a sense we are all soldiers in the War on Terror, and I am not going to shirk my duty - or let you, or Secur1c0r, shirk yours.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the zany phrases you're feeding the lad, keep 'em whacky, it makes a future potential victim go "Huh?"

All my ducks are in a row for sure!
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love Malcolm Reynolds. He's such a stickler for details, and an upholder of the law. Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic