SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Royal mail scam alert (UK)

View next topic
View previous topic

Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This got circulated at work so I figured I'd post it here. Nothing very new, but a responce number if anyone gets one through the door.

How do they get through the door if the royal mail don't deliver them? Or do they not check do you think?

Quote:
Please note the following scam and pass on to friends and neighbours!

ROYAL MAIL FRAUD ALERT

As Christmas is fast approaching – it has been confirmed by Royal Mail and the UK Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

a. A card is posted through doors from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

b. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will have already been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator)at http://www.icstis.org.uk
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a copy of this at work as well, and from a quick check on Snopes, it does appear to be a scam as opposed to an urban myth.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe that's referring to this, or something very like it:

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/pdfs_news/PostalScam2007.pdf

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a three year old scam and the number has long been closed.
www.phonepayplus.org.uk/numberchecker/DisplayServiceDetails.asp
Quote:
PhonepayPlus has the following information about the number 09066611911.

This number was used on a scam that PhonepayPlus adjudicated on in 2005. This number is no longer running and has not been running since December 2005. If you receive a copy of the email warning you about the alleged scam, please do not forward it to others. Instead, please forward this information from PhonepayPlus.

Email chain letters of course go on forever.

Closed lad accounts x 4
3 dead websites

is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt. Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic