SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Apartment Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
major paine
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In reference to this thread:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103505

I received this version of the scam from a friend of mine who wanted me to see if it was legit. There were many things that flagged this right off the bat. Lucky I was here for her.

Below is the email she received. The names change, but the scams never do.

Hello,
Thanks for your response and i do appreciate your email.I am T lewis and i am 27 years old,i am a US citizen but grew up in Northern Ireland,UK. I am a Pathologist as a profession.I presently work for Le Grange Organisation under the inspect of the W.H.O/UNICEF,as a microbiologist/Researcher.I will rather say i do more of humanitarian work that is out of my real profession and i just finished a project here in Africa for the treatments of drinking water and to educate most villagers on intensive health care.The project was initiated by UNICEF in conjuction with L.G.O and i led the troop to actualise the conclusion of the project .My next appointment is the united states and will have to move in by the 23 october ,I have some things to bring in such as my Desktop computer,bedroom furnitures,Toyota Corolla car,2006 model,i wouldnt know if there will be space for this things and some of my antiques which i cherished alot.I received alot of acknowledgement that i am friendly,i love kids,laid back,dont go out at nights,love reading novels and listening to the CNN news.I will be spending over 12 months there and my supervisor will come in to visit once in a while to ask about my duties there to me.A letter of appointment will be sent to me on where i will start working over there by my supervisor as soon as i move in and will probably be working in schools,Laboratories and Hospitals to be precise.
Yes am interested in the place and i will like to know the cost of the room and i will appreciate if you can please tell me more about my roomates.Thanks and waiting to hear back from you. Thanks
T lewis

Split from old topic linked above. -luckey
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Major,

Good work on spotting it, please ask your friend to visit www.scamwarners.com for more advice, if she has passed on bank details, personnal information or any money or if she has recieved any cheques, money orders or gifts then it is important for her to take action.

Also if you can provide any other details you can such as email address, phone number or any other names used it will help to prevent other victims from being scammed

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic