SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should I take the plunge?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bluebaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys,

I've been reading your forum as a guest for a couple of years. I've cried tears of joy over some of the stories. I've never posted before but I have somehow managed to find myself being actively pursued by a scammer, so naturally I thought of this forum.

It is pretty obvious stuff, I am selling my car, i have it advertised on a popular car classifieds site here in Melbourne Australia, 2 days ago I get an e-mail from somebody claiming to be a car broker from London, I smell a rat and use my gmail account to respond with a few details about the car. He replies with:

Hello XXXXXXXX,
This is to inform you that my client has instructed me to proceed with the purchase of your Renault Clio Sports for his son. He said that I should inform you that the payment will get to you in an australian bank cheque of ($22,900 AU) which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him.
He informed me that he intends using the refund payment to pay for your vehicle.
He further explained that this bank cheque has to be made out in this amount($22,900 AU) to you because company policy only allows a refund payment on one bank cheque.So you are required to deduct cost of your Renault Clio Sports($16,500 AU) when the payment gets to you and refund the balance of ($6,400 AU) to my client's agent via western union or moneygram international money transfer for the agent to be able to offset shipping /pickup charges ,contract fees for the pickup agent, taxes, commission and other handling bills.
After payment has reached you and balance is sent back to his agent,the agent will contact the pickup agent who will come for the pick up of the vehicle for shipping to my client's son.
My client is making some necessary arrangement with some shippers and will provide me with the pickup/test driver agent as soon as he decides the agent to contract for the pickup of the vehicle from it's present location.
NOTE: He also instructed that you are to deduct the transfer charges from the remaining balance($6,400 AU) which you will be sending down to his agent via western union or moneygram international wire transfer.

Goes on to ask for Bank/telephone details

Mr Richard Lancaster,
37 Old Kent Road,
London SE15 1JF, England.
Phone ... +44-7024068861 / Fax 44-87-1715-9130

OBVIOUS SCAM!!!

I wonder if I should have my 1st try at scam baiting? My only problem is that he has my real name and knows some details about my car (Registration number, type etc). Should i back out now because of this or is this potentially an opportunity for some hijinks??
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2ndeffort, welcome! Back out now - since he does have real details, you don't want to be baiting him with those. But since you've been watching the site a couple years, I'm sure you know there's more fish in the ocean. Very Happy
There are awesome stickies in Eater U and scattered throughout the site that are a fun and exciting read. (No, really.)
streaded
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

back out now but maybe keep the scammers mail for later use if you decide to maybe asem him in a month or so about something completly different.
now get an untraceable email account using all fake details, read the stickies, grab a mentor if you want or join eater U.

then think of what you can try on the scum Twisted Evil

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just open up a safe email and bait him if you want. However, as noted, there are more fun lads to play with than these guys. They like to work in volume, so you don't always get as much "action" from auto-buyers.

Thanks for joining Eater.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
bluebaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys for the advice. I've only given out a gmail e-mail address but from my car advert he would have my name, mobile telephone number and car rego. I think I will e-mail back and say the car is sold!!

Maybe I'll look around for another opportunity!!

Cheers,

2ndeffort
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, 2ndeffort. Very Happy Glad to have you aboard. Go grab a lad, and give it a try. We're always here to help if you get stuck.
Grog and cheese is served everyday, promptly at 4PM, and Pastor Frank always has the best stuff packed aboard. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome 2ndeffort,
As said by all, drop this guy and sell your car.
If you think it's time to have a go at it, ( it's not a life time commitment, but it can be addicting though) pick one from the surplus and I'm sure that anyone here will do their best to get you going the SAFE way.
A simple straight bait with two or three characters and the same lad gives you quickly insight in how he wants to play it, character one lays the ground work for two and three who will bait a tad slower, you can try several options at the same time and see where this lad wants to go. Even losing character 1 is no trouble after a while as by then, he should be hooked.
A free mentor by your side will make things SAFE and easier when you're in a pinch.
Who knows, maybe you're a natural born baiter and a glamorous future with the 419eater awaits you Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic