SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I've just received some UK bank details (Nationwide)...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

to put some money into.

It's from an American whose stuck in Nigeria with no money and I'm helping him out. I don't know anything about Western Union Money Gram Banks, but I've got the cash waiting and do internet banking.

But as I say, I've got all the bank details; the bank account holder is a J0hn Pau] (just in case it rings any bells).

I've the Account number, sort code, account name, IBAN Number (what-ever that is?), name and address of the bank.

Does anyone here want to know what they are? I'm sure I've read somewhere about bank accounts getting investigated if they're used for scamming purposes.

I've had a look round the stickies, but can't find an answer.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Either post the details here or pm them to one of our Moderators and we'll be able to make a decision about what to do based on the quality of the information you have.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780
Is the sticky you're looking for.

I'd pass them to a Moderator though if you don't know the usual modalities, they can usually tell if it's a genuine account.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the e-mail:

----------------------------------------------------------------

11th October 2008

I just showed your mail to the accountant and asked that she provide alternative methods of recieving the money.

She said that the only available option now is to have the money sent to the UK account of the UK liaison officer of the hotel who is presently on holidays in the UK and that he'll immediately have the money sent to the hotel as soon as he confirms it.

PLEASE DIRECT THE MONEY TO;

NAME OF BANK: NATIONWIDE BANK,

BENEFICIARY'S NAME: Mr J0hn Pau].

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 46412839.

SORT CODE: 074456.

IBAN NUMBER: GB46NAIA07011646412839.

BIC: MIDLGB22.

ADDRESS: PO BOX 2098, SWINDON, SN1 5TY UK.

Please send me an email as soon as you have done the wire transfer.

Thank you again for the assistance and for your words of enmcouragement, God bless you abundantly.

Regards,

J0hn M. C0rne].
streaded
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whey_Aye
have just sent you a PM with instructions of how to get to the headers of the mail so people here can tell you where it really came from.
at the top of the page look for 'messages (new)' to get to the PM

** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If this is a scam and you know that its a scam outright and have emails going back and forth, then the account is reported (see the link Mugatu posted)

Once done, get yourself a piggy bank icon in your sig line.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a Nationwide flexaccount sort code and the account number is the correct format. I'm sure a Mod will look after that from there....

Good spot Whey_Aye. Smile

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right,

Here's the full e-mail; I hope it's what you're after; it's all Chinese to me though:

--------------------------------
Delivered-To: whey-aye-banzai
Received: by 10.103.252.13 with SMTP id e13cs60797mus;
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.150.227.14 with SMTP id z14mr4877287ybg.120.1223757286592;
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <my lads e-mail>
Received: from bay0-omc3-s1.bay0.hotmail.com (bay0-omc3-s1.bay0.hotmail.com [65.54.246.201])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 1si8593374gxk.85.2008.10.11.13.34.45;
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of (my lad's email) designates 65.54.246.201 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.54.246.201;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of (fuck, my lad's email again) designates 65.54.246.201 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=my lads e-mail.
Received: from BAY113-W41 ([65.54.168.141]) by bay0-omc3-s1.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:34:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: (my lad's e-mail; is it important I delete it all the time?)

X-Originating-IP: [203.188.235.13]
To: Why-Aye-Banzai>
Subject: RE: HOW CAN I HELP?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:34:45 +0000

11th October 2008=20

I just showed your mail to the accountant and asked that she provide alternative methods of recieving the money.

She said that the only available option now is to have the money sent to the UK account of the UK liaison officer of the hotel who is presently on holidays in the UK and that he'll immediately have the money sent to the hotel as soon as he confirms it.

PLEASE DIRECT THE MONEY TO=3B

NAME OF BANK: NATIONWIDE BANK=2C

BENEFICIARY'S NAME: Mr John Paul.

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 46412839.

SORT CODE: 074456.

IBAN NUMBER: GB46NAIA07011646412839.

BIC: MIDLGB22.

ADDRESS: PO BOX 2098=2C SWINDON=2C SN1 5TY UK.

Please send me an email as soon as you have done the wire transfer.

Thank you again for the assistance and for your words of enmcouragement=2C =
God bless you abundantly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I've done the above properly, but I suspect I may have posted a header from my own e-mail???

I've been drinking lager; sorry.
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just googled for the originating IP and it brought me back to this forum on this post:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149256

Added later:

It seems there's some confusion about where this lad is from and where he's operating from.

Can anyone give anything definitive? I'm intriged, especially about the UK bank details.
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The email is from Malaysia. I copied the 'chinese' bit and pasted it here Wink

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Ceres
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So...It's someone in Malaysia pretending to be an American stuck in Africa? Confused

geller
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ With a bank account in the UK, no less. heh

"If you ever write me again then I will know you’re the worst IDIOT on earth." - Chuks
"each time i recieve your mail you make me feel sick,bad luck to you ,i have already gooten an helper so forget about me, i can not live or deal with a junky,joker,lier like you" - Nene
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be true; you lot are all cynics!

For example I’m a Japanese-Geordie (I kid you not); therefore Whey-Aye-Banzai is my name.

And I too have a UK bank account; so there!

Let’s have a bit of trust round here; please.
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just thinking...

Theoretically, wouldn't it be possible for me to set up a Standing Order using the bank details I was supplied with to set up a monthly payment; just a small one; say £10 per month to our tax man?

I've the tax mans sort code and bank details, 'cos I'm self-emp and pay my tax by standing order (otherwise I spend it straight away).

Obviously this would be fraudulent, so I'm just asking from a theoretical point-of-view.

I have a blank standing order form somewhere that would be suitable for any bank.
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ In theory - it wouldnt last 2 minutes. Lad would close it after the first payment from his end. In reality - very bad idea. Lad would report it to bank, who would contact the reciever, who would contact the police, who would contact you. Or very similar.

All in all, a big no-no.

Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, but the police couldn't contact me, since I wouldn't be daft enough to put any of my details on the form.

Standing Order forms are relatively simple things; and it'd just bugger the person who owned the account about.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We don't send lads anything they could use on a real vic... i guess that includes the money-let alone a genuine form of sorts.

As for buggering the person whose account it is-that's what alan is here for.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sigh!

Who is going to send the lad anything? Not me! Do you think I could possibly send a standing order form to my lad and ask him to sign it and post it to his bank?

Look, it works like this: I fill in a generic standing order form using the lad's bank details, put in HMG Tax Man's sort code and account number as the receiver; state the amount and the frequency and stick a signature (that no-one ever checks) where my lad should sign; AND POST IT TO HIS BANK!

Remember, it's a real UK bank; I've the address sort code, account number; the lot! Obviously I couldn't put my bank details down as the 'receiver', 'cos that would be traceable; but the tax man's details would be fine.

It's simple.

So then a month later my lad checks his bank statement, thinks, 'Hey, what's this £50 a month standing order for?', and then has to go making phone calls to stop it and get his money back.
Whey_Aye_Banzai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I've just been rumbled by my lad anyway; I did pretty much a straight bait and he recognised the format.

(I told him I would wire transfer the money into the UK bank he wanted me to; but then I had problems; and the receiver (based in the hotel but on holiday in the UK) had to fill in a 'security questionairre before I could transfer the cash).

I've just got an e-mail from him saying:

Quote:
12th October 2008

> Tom,
> Sometimes, I just wonder.

> Regards,
> JOhn M.
> Corne))

So it looks like he's forcing my hand to do the standing order thing!

As a last attempt to keep him, I've not shown my cards.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic