SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Credit Crunch

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How is this affecting you ?

Me

Eating out less
Driving less
Sucking up to the Boss
And I had to let 2 of the Servants go Wink

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have doubts that this thread will be able to sidestep politics, but we shall see. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Jerome
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be only geographics.

Here: no changes for now... I cross my fingers.

Flag Monaco Benin Benin Benin Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Ivory Coast France France France Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Mortar Mortar
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Special offer shopping for food, if non perishables are on 2 for 1 then bulk buying. Cutting down on luxuaries. Using the coal fire in the sitting room rather then turning on the central heating, and not having nor ever had a credit card (dangerous things).

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No changes here. It is the finance system that is screwed up. Local economy is the same luckily

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Work for one of the affected banks. Could be redundant soon. Sad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While these uncertain times will be challenging, there are always opportunities. I recently purchased a 5 billion dollar stake in Goldman Sachs. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed. Very Happy

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 457 plan is down US $30,000. Crying or Very sad

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

earlier this year, banks here were bidding up against each other with interest rates on saving accounts. One of them (local branch of an Icelandic bank) was offering a rate above all others (4+1+1%). This morning they were still advertising it on the radio, this afternoon they blocked all the money in people's saving accounts (clients all over Europe). I'm glad I wasn't tempted by their rates (although I did move money away from my old bank's savings account to another big) one offering better rates.
Scary for these people (although it doesn't necessarily mean they've lost all their savings).

Fight My Brute
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Credit crunch?

I stick with a bowl of porridge every morning and avoid all these new-fangled cereal bars with their fancy names. Doesn't affect me at all that way.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a bigger mattress to keep my funds in. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you feeling the pinch - some top tips ....

* Take huge steps to save money on shoe soles

* Avoid paying fines for using your mobile phone whilst driving by placing the handset in a large shell - police will think you are listening to the sea.

* Bird lovers - save on wild bird food by fitting a bird feeder to the inside of your window. You only need to fill it once, and will enjoy watching the birds at your window all day long

* Film fans - Save money on expensive surround sound by only watching movies when the appropriate noises are going on outside, like watching horror films when theres a storm, or an action movie when local drug gangs are fighting it out in the street

* Prevent burglars stealing your belongings and hence you having to buy them again by simply moving everything in the house into your bedroom when you go to bed. In the morning, simply move it all back again.

* Parents of twins - save money on school photographs by buying one and simply photocopying it.

Take heed.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I manage my money fairly well and don't spend that frivilously. I only use a gas/petrol credit card and a debit card. If I don't have the money I don't buy it. However, I did check one of my retirement plans last night and for the 2nd & 3rd quarters of this year I have lost $400.00. It's a sinking ship and the rats are bailing!

And, did you read where Iceland has declared bankruptcy?

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My advice... borrow this from your local library.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From the BBC website...scroll down...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/default.stm

Quote:
VIDEO AND AUDIO NEWS section...
Geir Haarde Iceland's PM warns of 'painful process'

Nick Leeson on City morality.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL @ smartbomb Laughing Laughing

Nothing much changing here but I am checking prices of things more before buying.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
Marthataran
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

iMike wrote:
Work for one of the affected banks. Could be redundant soon. Sad

I hear you! I am now a civil servant working on a non essential project. About to go on leave for 2 weeks and have no idea what I will be coming back to.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always been one to pay off my credit cards in full, with only very rare exceptions. Because of that I enjoy an excellent credit rating and have never had any trouble getting money when I've needed it (I haven't had to borrow anything since 2000).

So no, this isn't affecting me, although I plan to use this as an excuse in my baits as to why I can't make my WU payments soon.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its cost me one house already and maybe a job.
so i am not happy about it all

Evil or Very Mad

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying or Very sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Currently not having much effect, but is pushing the retirement age out further due to the falling Dow. See the above graph that makes me weepy.

I am certainly more cautious about what I buy, but that is more due to higher gas prices having an effect on the family budget rather than the credit crunch.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being on Social Security Disability, I was already in a credit crunch. Sad

I can't really cut back much more. I'm on a strict diet, so I can't buy the cheaper foods that are loaded with all kinds of sodium, sugar, and preservatives. We only drive where we absolutely have to go.

But, as I say, I've been doing this for almost 4 years now. My credit crunch began the day my employer decided that the accommodations I needed weren't "reasonable."

And, of course, any able-bodied person is going to be "more qualified" than I to an employer. Crying or Very sad

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing too drastic here, other than the All Ord falling rapidly, causing our dollar to fall. Which will make it hard for people overseas. Our banks seem stable at the moment.

Edit: OH SHI-

ImageImage

That's $65bil already. Yeah, gold seems the way.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
sgreenstreet
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My plant closed down two weeks ago and I'm out of work. I own a house in another state from when I got laid off there two years ago. I have to rent a house where I'm at now. I'm only able to make my mortgage payments because I've got someone renting the house. My renter hasn't made his September payment yet. My savings run out in January.

Mortar x15
Zenya
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm happy now to have grown up a paranoiac kid. That, and seeing my dad lose an arseload of money on the market many years ago. I have no 'imaginary money' (i.e. credit), I do everything in cash... spare cash goes into gold or silver (ingots, not futures!), that, I figure, will keep its value even after the current financial system totally collapses one day. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic