SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What I saw and what I heard in Igboland

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sleepless
Goat Licker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone,

I visted Nigeria in early August, and here are some observations from Igboland that perhaps may be of interest.

I saw several houses in Enugu marked with "this house is not for sale...beware of 419". Apparently the scam there is that the scammer purports to own the house and then sells it for money and bogus property papers. When the new owners find out they've been duped, their money and the "seller" are long gone.

Hearsay: "some scammers here use their foreign born wives to scam when they need extra money and they are in town...." Or so I heard in Lagos.

Road traffic is horrible, Mortala Mohammed airport short on toilet paper, but if anyone needs a picture of either to prove to your fave lad that you "were there" and he just couldn't find you, PM me and I'll hook you up with a picture of either scene, or that coveted copy of a Nigerian visa suitable for photochop that is not so easy to get. Internet connections are awful, especially in Enugu, service is often down, not open on Sunday, and during the week closes when the chickens go to roost. Igbo chickens sleep in trees, BTW, in case anyone is really curious Laughing They had more reliable service in a nearby village but the sending IP resolved to UK of all places Shocked

Simba and I tried to get a safari worthy lad to cooperate and chase our heroine to an unsavory part of Lagos, Maza-Maza bus stop. (Good place to send your lad, buses to Ghana and other points daily). Alas, the poor lad got too spooked for the "one on one" when he could call his "lady love" on a local number Razz

Hmmm...maybe I should give it up if I can't get a lad to safari across town, I must really suck as a baiter Surprised Nah....I'll never give it up, it's too much fun.

"You demanded for tampax i bought it now where are you?" - Z4k3 4dams
United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x19, Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safaris- Lagos Nigeria to Paga ("Crocodile City") Ghana; repeat Lagos to Tokwari Ghana - 3800mi. (With SH & Craig & Frumpy )
Safari Safari Safari Nancy, Security Guy, Robert Accra to Tamale (with SH)
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very cool. I just hooked a Nigerian scammer saying they were in Iran and a bank in the UK. I'm going to say the bank contact will be a Nigerian bank and the bus stop will come in handy. Twisted Evil

scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks
nice insight

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Sleepy, great to see you back on the Eater.....Very Happy

Now that your holiday is over, Red and myself have got a nice little job (or two) lined up for you.... Wink

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sleepless wrote:
I saw several houses in Enugu marked with "this house is not for sale...beware of 419".

I remember someone posting a photo on here a couple of years ago, it showed a house with very similar wording written on the wall outside it, it was supposedly pretty common back then.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back Sleepless Very Happy

Sounds like an enlightening trip, looking forward to hearing more about the country!

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic