SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nigerian Rental Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pete the cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a newb so bear with me. I am advertising a room for rent on Craigslist and I got this - is this a good one to bait? I'm willing to bet they want to "deposit" directly to my bank account. What do y'all think?

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your email.hope you are doing great? am interested, but am not around now,I really need to secure a place for myself before my arrival.I don't care if its furnished or unfurnished i can take care of that while am around.the amount of rent/month is fine with me. my trip to US is scheduled for Oct 21,would you be able to reserve the place for me?.Below are just some few things you might want to know about me:
am straight,easy going and pretty laid back 28yrs old female....i do not smoke nor drink,am a christian but am not fanatical about my religion as i have always learn to respect others religion/belief.Sometimes i love going to the beach at my leisure time to observe the wonders of nature,i work for an investment company here in west Africa(NIGERIA) and coming to US cos the company i work for here is looking to open business correspondence in the US,this is my first visit to US and i do really hope to find a good place like yours to live in,if you can reserve the place for me i will surely appreciate that,i know there are several people interested in renting the place from you so am willing to make arrangement for some sort of deposit even with the first month rent so that will show commitment from my part,

And just for you to know that this trip will be sponsored by my employer and every expenses as regards the rent and utilities will be paid in full so you have nothing to worry about as to whether i will be able to pay rent or not,pls be aware that my trip to US is fast approaching and i will appreciate if you get back to me asap to know how we can work things out..
Thanks
Lizzy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This could be fun to bait, but since you probably got this in your real email, drop her and setup an anonymous email service like Gmail with fake info.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
pete the cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That reminds me of another question, is it true that the source or ISP cannot be traced when sending Gmail? I want to be sure I am not opening my computer to anyone.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Correct. I use Gmail for all my baiting. Even if a lad could find your IP, he could find your town and that's about it. Just don't open attachments that you aren't sure of and you should be ok.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Pete, glad to see you crossed over from Scamwarners.

As i said, read your welcome pack and the stickies carefully, when you see an aspect of what we do that interests you, read up on it in Eater-U. A mentor is an invaluable resource of information and ideas.

As Sir scam alot said, you should definitely give this scammer a miss, he has your details.
The scam itself is an overpayment scam. You would receive a fake cheque for more than the asking price, you would need to cash it and send the excess back via Instant money transfer. Once the fake cheque bounces, you would be the one who has to pay it back.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ what they said and welcome Pete. I'm sure you already know but Craigslist is awash with scammers, some of them very convincing, so be extra cautious and thoroughly check out any replies you get. Good luck!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
pete the cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to say since I started following the Evil Safari saga of Adamu and the Leg a couple of days ago, I have been extremely impressed and I think all of you are totally friggin great. This is better than movies or TV anytime!

bow_down clapping
Dungeon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is better than movies or TV anytime!

Same here!
Very entertaining site and I'm glad I found it

D

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation YET ANOTHER SCAMMER HITTING ME UP

Hi ,
Thank you for your quick response.I would have loved to set up an
appointment with you but at the moment,i am out of town. My name is
Mary Rice and i am a deaf mute female caucasian of about 20 years of
age.I am a native of York in Pennsylvania. I do not smoke and i am
single with no kids and pets, friendly and easy going. I am currently
diploma in Pharmacy trying to obtain my Technology at Sunderland
University in the UK. I will be rounding up my programme come October 12th,2008.
I will be sending you a certified check of $4000 which
will written in your name and cashable in your bank. I am sending you
that much money because i will be using the balance to pay for my
travelling expenses.I know this is a very difficult task but i am
craving your indulgence to please take the check to your bank and cash
it. After cashing,deduct the stipulated fees and send the balance to
my travel agent via moneygram. Moneygram transfer is available in
every Walmart outlets.
Please send me your full name and address(apartment # if available) in
order to write the payment in your name.
I hope to hear from you as soon as possible
Regards,
Mary
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ even more blatant.

I'm surprised she didn't mention her wooden leg and glass eye. Laughing

Unfortunately it's best to ignore this stream of lads, as they are sending to your real email address. However I'm sure you can see how easy they are to find.

Welcome to eater

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh how I wish I was safely baiter equipped Crying or Very sad
Sunderland is my home town, but not where I now reside, oh what fun I could've had with this

post ends here for non UK types

weeze keys are theeze like, y i bonney lad Laughing
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ bloody Mackems get everywhere Wink

Welcome to Eater - my Mrs is from your neck of the woods. Hope you get equipped (doesn't take much, just a Gmail account!) and stuck into baiting soon. I think a bait in a North Eastern dialect would be most amusing.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
pete the cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I want to thank you folks for your good wishes, I did set up a bogus gmail account and re-posted the Craigslisr ad for the room. Which is real, by the way, so if you know anybody who wants to live in the Texas Hill Country ..... just be sure they are not deaf mute or paraplegic, I already have my hands full with 5 cats. But anyway, if I get some more mugu mail on this rental deal, I'll engage a mentor to help me drive them nuts.

Maybe I should post it this way: "Beautiful home in Texas with great music studio. Looking for a 20-something young girl from Nigeria who is willing to send a $4000USD check I can cash. I am a chain smoker, walk around in stained underwear all the time, and I am usually so drunk I don't know who I am having sex with. Just so you know. I have several Irish wolf hounds with mange who live indoors, I am trying to get them gradually acclimated to the outdoors because no amount of ventilation can really deal with that smell..... " And so on.

Love you all!
Angelfish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You might also want to add:

"I would prefer deaf mute and quadraplegic tenants since I do occupy the home also when I get too drunk to drive to my main residence, and dislike noisy or active roommates when I am hungover."

You'll still get a ton of replies.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic