SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

This email came to me. Please look at scam.

View next topic
View previous topic

ssDoctortom44
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rong Yee
<[email protected]> Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Reply-To: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
Dear Thomas Munn,

I am Mr. Rong Yee, a legal practitioner. Please be patient and go through the contents of this email very carefully which I believe is a message that will be beneficial to the both of us. I am the legal representative to Late Mr. Frank Munn. Who herein after shall be referred to as my late client. He died in May 2003 as a result of heart condition.

Basically, my motive of writing you is to assist me secure the funds left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this fund valued at US$9. 8million dollars was deposited. I have a mandate from the bank to present the next of kin to the deceased or the funds will be confiscated and so far, all my efforts to get hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive.

I want you to consider this proposal. If you grant your consent that I present you to the bank as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client (since you have the same last name), so that the proceeds of this account can be transferred to you, then we can share the entire proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon percentage.

All legal documentation to back up your claim as my deceased client's next-of-kin will be provided.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This entire process will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

However, if this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. Please contact me at your earliest convenient to indicate your interest.

Best Regards,
Barr. Rong

Quick Reply
To: [email protected]
Include quoted text with reply

Removed OP's email address. -luckey

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here,
Next Of Kin scam, nothing special and already in your spam box where they belong. Now if you want to bait this, make a new email account with Gmail/Hushmail/Fastmail with all fake info and answer him from there and see what happens. Wink In the meantime read lots here, read more, especially the stickies in every forum and if you think you need one, get a mentor to set you up SAFE.
Have fun, bait SAFE

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2,

Thank-you for the info.

Doctortom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome ssDoctortom44,

As bill2 said, it's a very common version of an advance fee fraud scam. If you respond, you will eventually be asked for fees to purchase some certificate, pay taxes, bribe officials, etc. The fees will never end, and needless to say, there will never be any money for you.

Your email address is probably posted somewhere and is being harvested by spammers and scammers alike. To help you keep the junk down, I removed it from your post. Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic