SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Western Union transfer risk

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nigel24
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm playing with an interesting scammer at the moment who wants me to send money to ONE OF MY OWN FRIENDS via Western Union, and then to send him the receipt to prove that I have the money, and am not wasting his time.

I'm presuming the receipt or details on it will allow him to intercept the money somehow. Does anyone know if this is a correct assumption, and if not, why he might want me to do this?

Additional details: The scammer posted an advert for a house to let, which I answered. The rent was very cheap, and it became obvious pretty quickly it was a scam, so I decided to play it. Before visiting me at the aledged property to show me around, I need to prove I have the security deposit and first months rent in the above-mentioned manner.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You assume correctly. It seems to be becoming more common as a tactic.

As you say, he'll use the details on the receipt to claim the money himself. All he needs is a tracking number and name.
Funnily enough there was a report on BBC London last night about this. It's getting common in the flat/house rental market.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Eniac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This trick is very often being used by romanian escrow vlads on fraudulent car sales. The victim thinks this transaction is safe and 100% risky free while it is absolutely not. Evil or Very Mad

Sample scam letter:
Quote:
Good day,
I'm writing you regarding the *Volkswagen Polo 1.9 TDI Comfortli-ne,101PS,Klimatronik,Leder...,09/2005,67.890 km, EUR 3099 * is in perfect condition inside and outside as well,never been implicated in accidents.I never smoke in it and i want to sell it to a serious person.The car it's not in leasing so you have to pay only this price and nothing more.I have all the papers of the car and the service book as well.The car is located in Köln/Germany.The price that i'm asking for the car is ,€ 3.099.
Now i am located in Ireland with my work and i have nobody in Germany that could show you the car. I need to come personal to meet you and present the car.Few days ago a buyer told me that he'll buy the car, so we must meet in Germany. I come to Germany because I trusted his word, but when I arrived I called him and no answer, so I lost money and precious time on his promise. I don't want to ask you to send me any money in advance, I just want to see that you are a serious buyer. I will come only for a serious deal. If you don't want to buy it after you will inspect it, no problem, but I need to be sure that you will be there.To be sure that you are real and serious, here is what I propose:
1. The service name that we'll use is western union transfers. You must find the nearest Western Union agency and you will go there with your best friend or your wife.. Your wife or your friend (relative) will be the sender of the money and you will be the receiver in Köln.
2.Ask your wife or your friend to send € 3.099 to your name in Köln. Is enough for me too see that I have a interested buyer. (I will pay the western union fees when we will meet)
3. Only you can pick up the money from Köln, so this is no risk on your side.
4. Once the money is sent, from WU they will give you a papers so you need to find a scanner and scan this paper from WU and send in me email.
5. In the same day I will buy the flight ticket and I will email you the scanned ticket.(We will verify the car with a mechanical service and at police to.
I also accept any test.
6. We will meet in Germany and we will finish the deal. I will help you to make all papers and obtain tem-porary plates.If you don't want to buy the car I will pay for your transport. I assure you that you will love this car and you will buy it. It is in perfect conditions.
I repeat: You must understand that you will not send the money to me. You will be the receiver of the money and only you can pick the money from Western Union only in Köln.If you are still interested to make the deal with me please reply me or call me.Please don't spend my time with endless disscutions,or pure curiosity.Thank you for contacting me and hope you will understand my point of view!!!
Respectfully.
Sven Heimann
Call Me from Monday to Friday my Phone number: 004470.....

Eniac

- ALHADJI FARUK

suxk my dick asshole go an die in helllllllllllllll - A. Povake

May your days never be long. you are a fraudster and please stop writing me because i will be force to send the italian mafia to kill you. bye forever you witch. - Barrister Mrs. Tori Freddy

Also don;t scarry when somebody from my romanian frieds will apper at your real home address. - Martina Tiffany alias Catalin Budoi

Mr please dont make o joke with us because we dont are stupid - Brejner Barbosa
dagget
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel you could have a bit of fun with this modality. As one does not need to include the MCTN for transactions, espcially between trusted persons such as me and myself there is no need to include this with the lad email.

Many happy emails can be sent about why it was not there, why he wants it, what is the point as I have collected the money, where is my ticket....

PLEASE TAKE CAER OF YOUR SELF OR I SEND TO YOU F.I.B ?

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts X24 Sand Timer 1 X 2.5 years
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic