SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad struggles with U.S. geography

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why, but this one cracked me up. My character lives in a small ghost town in Nevada. It really is a ghost town, but for some reason it has it's own zip code, so the lads can look up my nearest Western Union.

From doing this in the past I know that the nearest Western Union is a four hour drive away. Hell, the nearest ANYTHING to this place is a minimum of four hours away. But my lad sends me this:

Quote:
If you are sure as I advice you. Here are the contact of the western union office in your area.

Thanks.
Frank.
I hope no more story.

=================================================
1 COLES MARKET
14503 PACIFIC AVE
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
626-338-2861 (This one is four hours away)

2 HARRIS TEETER #167
2201 WT HARRIS BLVD
Charlotte, NC 28269
704-596-1353

Map and Driving Directions
3 MAPCO #7334
604 HIGHWAY 63 SOUTH
Trumann, AR 72472
870-483-2554

4 FRED MEYER #00439
10751 WEST OVERLAND ROAD
Boise, ID 83709-1330
208-373-5209
5 WINN-DIXIE #2347

1103 W NORTH BLVD
Leesburg, FL 34748-3949
352-787-2992

6 RITE AID #4557
340 BLUE RIDGE ST
Blairsville, GA 30512-3033
706-745-6935

7 FLASH MARKET #18
759 HEBER SPRINGS RD
Batesville, AR 72501
870-251-2403

8 NEW KEDZIE CERMAK C.E.
2210 S KEDZIE AVE
Chicago, IL 60623
773-277-2210

9 CHECK$MART #206
2839 E STATE BLVD
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
260-496-8885

10 BELT BLVD BP
1 W BELT BLVD
Richmond, VA 23225-6346
804-231-4694

Dear lord, but he's sending me everywhere. I don't think I'll be planning a thousand mile journey to Richmond Virginia to send him his Western Union though.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Ralph Wiggum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if the lads have their own version of the gold helmet... Rolling Eyes

Fake Checks out of circulation - 52K (so far)
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
"The law of cama is still in exixtence and I know what the consequences of your action will be"-Rimi
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In fairness, whilst he could have made a better effort, not knowing the geography of somewhere alien isn't really news, especially with only state abbreviations with a foreign address format in a language you're flaky at!

How's your African geography? Now imagine all the maps and information were only available in French which you can muddle by in but hardly native, and you didn't know the protocol of which order address components came in...

Or if you saw the date 9/11/2008 written somewhere and didn't realise in almost every country but America that's the 9th of November (which makes much more sense!)

Not trying to labour the point, and certainly not being personal, but it's sometimes easy to forget there's a big world out there!
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ True, but Western Union has an online tool where you enter a zip code, and it gives you the closest Western Union locations. I'm not sure where my lad got those locations, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't from that service.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course you can still slap away hard for his greed, laziness, piss-poor research and overall lack of effort - he deserves it after all Very Happy

I'm in the UK, speak impeccable English (?), but if you asked me how close Alabama was to Arizona I'd be guessing too (except I am smart enough and industrious enough to bother to look it up!)

Last edited by manbiteslion on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ernieh1969
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jayhawk - Tell him you are traveling to the one 1000 miles away. Gives you a good excuse to delay payment as you are riding a burro. You can create all the hardships lads use during their safaris. Bet you have some good inspiration for those. Laughing

BAIT SAFE -BAIT OFTEN
Closed lad accounts
Safari(Group Effort)O. Ch1dinma: Lagos to Cotonou: "Ihave to start beging for money to go back home now."

"your rules are enormous ...[I] might be too inconsequential to fill the big hole that you just created." ESTH3R J4CQU3LYN DOE (MRS.)
tyme_wastr
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a ghost town in Nevada too! I wonder if it's the same one? (Now that would be funny!) I also have a couple others in the desert SW USA, if you need more Smile
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a fictional movie town. Lago, AZ. From the Clint Eastwood western, "High Plains Drifter." And the Lago National Bank does transfers that are "Faster Than You'll Ever Live To Be." tm Cool

edit: OOOO! I just found the perfect logo to go with my bank. It will look perfect with the bank transfer quote. Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by SlapHappy on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tyme_wastr, is your ghost town associated with the Enron scandal as well? Very Happy

Ghost towns are great to use, as some of them still have zip codes attached to them. I use a couple in Arizona as well. Lads have no idea that the town is a ghost town, but when they use the Western Union lookup based on the zip code they can tell that the town doesn't have a Western Union.

Maybe it's time for my character to take a road trip to a Western Union.

Zenya
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ralph Wiggum wrote:
I wonder if the lads have their own version of the gold helmet... Rolling Eyes

I've wondered about that... you think the lads have their own equivalent of Eater?
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jayhawk wrote:
Maybe it's time for my character to take a road trip to a Western Union.

Excellent - long drive at 60cents/mile, then hotels along the way, parking, breakdowns, 3G charges for your emails, meals, etc - the lad will owe you money, so you turn around and drive straight back home whilst still looking willing Smile Oh what fun Smile

@Zenya - lads are generally in competition with one another, so it's not in their interest to collaborate to the remarkable degree you see on Eater. But if by any chance you find out differently, and find a big lad eater-style community, I know a few of us will be game to infiltrate and miseducate and cause general lad-on-lad action and petty jealousIes to rip the community to shreds anyway Wink
tyme_wastr
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Tyme_wastr, is your ghost town associated with the Enron scandal as well? Very Happy
Nope, not that far north! But that's a good one too!
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is not at all sympathetic:

Quote:
My Good Friend,

How come is my business if it is nearest to you or not? I have given you the informations of where the western union office is in your area where you live weather 250 miles or 1,500 miles is not my business. My is for you to send the money even in your area banks are there they do western union so go into any of them and send the money so that I can proceed. Only if you are not capable of handling the processing of your winning prize money. But if you are act accordingly and get back to me with the MTCN Money Transfer Control Number.

Waiting

Thanks.
Frank.

It's time to safari to a Western Union office! Very Happy

CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My character lives at a remote cattle ranch in Southern California,
which causes all kinds of problems getting to Western Union offices.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jayhawk wrote:
He is not at all sympathetic:...
It's time to safari to a Western Union office! Very Happy

What an arrogant twat!

I seem to recall lads *hate* it if you use WU online to offer to pay by credit card - I think that makes it traceable or requires extra ID or something. It would seem reasonable and compliant for you to offer to do that method, let's see what his excuses are Wink Perhaps he isn't really based in London or wherever he claims, but in some crappy cafe in the rump end of Lagos and would hate for you to find that out?
Ralph Wiggum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@manbiteslion (organized lads post)

If they were that organized, I think the G0m3rboyz would have to assert their presence in the area... Laughing (thx to Gom3r)

Fake Checks out of circulation - 52K (so far)
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
"The law of cama is still in exixtence and I know what the consequences of your action will be"-Rimi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic