SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another rental scam.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
squiggle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep getting tonnes of these to my real email since my gumtree advert! Anyways, I reply from my baiter email to waste a little more of their time with a straight bait.

Anyways, this one has me perplexed!

Quote:
I'm contacting you in regard of your posting on gumtree. I have
suitable and conducive Apartment/ Flat /House in Derby area and
thought it matches your criteria. Respond back with full details of
what you are looking for and the specific area/post code and expected
amount. . Direct to Landlord! No Agency. Reply only to
d*****@yahoo.com for fast response, picture and Direction.

Donald

So I replied:

Quote:
Hi,

Please could you send me some pictures of your property.

Thanks.

Ima

This gave me his email for a header analysis, which seemed to come from the Netherlands (this seems to happen for all my gumtree lot!)

Anyways, a man of few words:

Quote:
what pictures do you want..???

Hahaha ideally of him holding a sign and a banana in his mouth! Very Happy What did he think I wanted?!

I tried to catch him out, as I guess he'd have mass mailed and might need to look back at my add to check the area:

Quote:
Whatever pictures you may have. : )

What area is the property in? Details are as specified in my ad.

Quote:
Thanks for your the fast response. I have one bedroom flat in whitely not to far from woodley, it a perfect and quite location that matches your criteria. It is a nice apartment with a double bedrooms with king-size leather slay bed desk wardrobe and newly renovated Bathroom and toilet (almost self-contained). Secured off-street car parking with electronic gates. This is a directly to Landlord rental! No Agency.

MODERN FACILITIES: The living room has new 42-inch plasma - Fully sky package with High Definition channels and full surround sound, full broadband Internet access included. Kitchen has dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer and microwave, double oven. The room is fully furnished with central heating, own washbasin, fitted wardrobes, T.V and Microwave.

PRICE: The Price is £520 pcm (All utility bills included. electric, water, Full 16mb wireless internet, Council tax is also included) and a 1-month deposit in required. Bi Weekly Cleaner also included.

I have no idea where woodley/whitely are. And I can tell you, 520 a month would get you a cardboard box, not a 42-inch! If I wasn't already convinced he's a scammer, the name change did it!

Quote:
Brilliant. It looks lovely. Hehe @ you toilet!

When can I organise a viewing?

Yes, his toilet had a face on it.

Quote:
hiya
thanx for reply i will upload some pics but im very busy now a days you can view the house if u want.bye
adeel

Did another lad take over? :O

Quote:
When are you free?

Quote:
hi, im very busy for next copple of days i say thursday afternoon at1415.
if its conveniant for u.u can ring me for further corespondence my mobile no is 07771518***. adeel

Quote:
Thursday 2.15 is fine.

Give me the address of the property and I will meet you there. I'll
note down your number in case of any delays on the day.

He gave me an address and said he'd see me on Thursday! What, no sob story about needing a viewing deposit?!

What's going on?! Is this a real person?!

It can't be... The pictures were of some luxury home and then the changeover of lad and I am SO confused!!

Ideas?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic