SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone else here enjoy "The Prisoner"? (1960s TV

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is one that I come back to from time to time. I remember it being on TV when I was a kid, and watching it again on college when one of the public television stations had it on.

I bought the entire DVD collection a few years back, and watched it then. I've gotten it out again, watching "Arrival" over the weekend.

This show sure does make you think.................clearly it was ahead of its time.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Mrs. So and So
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Six of one, Half a dozen of the other."

I loved that show. I haven't seen it since high school though. It would be interesting to watch it again.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been to Portmerion, where they filmed it, it's as odd as the series, being built with a lot of odds and sods from demolished stately homes and town halls. You can stay there overnight, but I think its horribly expensive.

I was a huge fan, but I remember watching the last one (when they re-ran it in the 1970's, no dvds or videos then) and being none the wiser afterwards about who number 1 was.

I'm not altogether convinced that McGoohan knew either...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friendly maintenance man came by this morning and as we were talking the dispatcher was referring to the people that she was talking to as numbers on the walkie talkie. I asked to see it, keyed it and said "I am not a number, I am a free man." Mr. Maintenance man took his walkie talkie from me and left.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember staying up late on Saturday nights, okay so 11 pm was late for me, and waiting for it to come on. I was totally fascinated with the series. It had so many different aspects to it. Great memories and great show.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Prisoner was a follow-on from Danger Man.

John Drake left the secret service only to find out he couldn't or wasn't allowed to do that. The point of the Prisoner was to find out why he wanted to leave by using psychological interrogation on him.
There was a bit of speculation at the time that Patrick McGoohan, had got a bit to close to the truth which is why it was canceled. But he says he just ran out of ideas.

@Roy, Portmerion is a really interesting place to visit. It's a weird walking across the beach where that bouncy balloon caught him if he tried to escape.

I bought the badge but didn't fancy paying £99.00 for the jacket with white trim.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now, here's a blast from the past!

I used to watch it with my dad. My mother didn't much care for it, so it was just the two of us. We would discuss points that the show brought up. It was a great bonding time for us. I think it actually helped my dad realize I wasn't just a teenager but an adult in the making. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darn, you all are old! Razz

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Wasinitfome
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw the original US broadcast and was hooked, I need to buy the DVD set. (they say the A&E set is a ripoff, to go for the UK one)

what does everyone think of the upcoming remake?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought I was the only one sad enough to have the box set.

My favorite was 'Free for all' as I found the foreign maid to be rather sexy looking.

Did you know they're making a remake. I only hope it's better than the usual remade dross that's out there.

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/content.php?nID=8;ID=88;lID=1

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"I am number 2"

"Who is number 1?"

"Yooou are number 6"

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm now wondering how I can work some of this into a bait. I don't think a lad would fall for me calling myself "Number Six", plus No. 6 never called himself that anyway.

Perhaps I could be "Number Two"?

If my lad gets out of line I could scold him for being "unmutual". Laughing

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ohhhhh errrrr - that white bouncy balloon thing use to scare the living daylights out of me. I was too young (shut up, I was) to really understand what was going on but then again did anybody? Didn't working on that show send Patrick McG slightly off his rocker?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Lucifer The Dark
Master Baiter

Location: Blessing scammers with a shower of gold direct to the face

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't be surprised if he did go off his rocker, the last episode was one of the maddest things I've ever seen, what was he doing chasing a copy of himself around wearing a gorilla suit?

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure the writers were "pharmaceutically enhanced" Wink

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

According to Wikipedia, the menacing bouncy balloon that kept them all in check was called Rover.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Lucifer The Dark
Master Baiter

Location: Blessing scammers with a shower of gold direct to the face

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you know McGoohan wrote the entire thing himself as well as starred in it?

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hated the series but I did used to live pretty much next to Portmeirion and visited all the time.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just loved the striped jackets? Surreal show. Gnasher hit it with pharmaceutically enhanced Laughing The balloon sure took your breath away

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We went to Wales on holiday last year and visited Portmerion. I took the complete collection of the prisoner on my media player, thinking I'd show the boy one or two so he'd know what to expect; to my amazement he insisted on watching the whole lot and proclaimed it to be "brilliant but weird"

get your baiting forms here
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My youngest has been watching and loving it!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic