SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newcastle United FC

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ferdinand
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I picked this snippet up on a football forum. I don't know the original source. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out in the next couple of weeks.

---------------------------------------------

The CEO of Pamodzi Marketing, Mike Itemuagbor, fears the Nigerian consortium behind the proposed Newcastle takeover could be a massive scam.

Pamodzi have a vested interest in the much-publicised bid as they are the marketers for the Nigerian Football Federation. Itemuagbor is therefore concerned that a failed bid by NVA management could have an adverse effect on Nigeria's global image.

NVA is backed by a number of as yet unnamed Nigerian businessman and reportedly has links to investors in China and America with the group hoping to complete their takeover of the English Premier League outfit by the weekend.

A spokesman for the group, leading English-based agent Chris Nathaniel, confirmed that they hoped they could soon make an announcement about a possible deal.

"All I can say is that we have made contact with Newcastle," Nathaniel told Sky Sports News.

Yet Itemuagbor is highly suspicious of the NVA's imminent acquisition of the Tyneside club.

He told The Vanguard: "Who are these oil barons that they are talking about? Who is the man fronting for them? Is there truth in the stories they are feeding us with? Why are they reluctant to name the so called oil barons?"

With Nigeria's reputation for corruption, Pamodzi face a difficult challenge in marketing football in the country. Itemuagbor is sceptical of NVA's motives and believes that the so-called takeover has all the hallmarks of 'advanced fraud'.

"The business of marketing sports is an uphill task in Africa especially in Nigeria where sponsorship is not in our culture," he explained.

It will be more difficult if they begin to cast credibility posers on our shores. I say this because everything about this bid by Nigerians to buy Newcastle has fraudulent tendencies. They said that they have raised 350m pounds and now looking for 50m to 100m pounds to meet Mike Ashley's price. We know how fraud happens here.

"They will now contact people to contribute and be part owners. They will push out flowery things that can deceive many minds and before you know it, they would have made so much money and would still not buy Newcastle because I doubt if they have raised the 350m that they are boasting to have gathered. We know how these people operate.

"I fear it is a clear case of 419 (Advance Fee Fraud). If it is not, let them name those involved and let us know their antecedents. We have credibility problem here because it will affect our drive in seeking sponsorship for our events. That's why I'm interested. It is for our national interest that we are asking questions about these Nigerians. I fear that fraud is in the air and people should be warned."

Newcastle have lurched from crisis to crisis in recent seasons and have struggled in the Premier League this term. Current owner Mike Ashley faces an untenable situation as the notoriously fickle Toon fans turned against him after he sacked club icon Kevin Keegan as manager.

The Nigerian consortium have curried favour with the Newcastle faithful and promised to re-appoint Keegan should their takeover be successful, but it is probably in the Toon's best interest to heed Itemuagbor's warning.
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ferndinand,

We've had this posted a number of times recently. Just to keep things tidy, lets try to stick to one thread. I'd send you here but I see that's been locked to. Confused

Maybe the football thread?

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes the football thread is the place to discuss the Toon take over..
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147768&start=50

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic