SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Burning your lad - a philosophical matter...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
vonRichtofen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The temptation to burn a lad after he has dropped you is very strong for me.
I confess to have burned three lads so far, with really much enjoyment from their harsh, hysterical reaction. But the point is more important, as it involves the lads’ so-called “education”, allowing them to learn from their errors and giving up earlier next time.
This is not 100% negative, but it depends from WHO he will drop next time.
If next time he drops a baiter after the first difficulties, he (the mugu) will waste les time and will focus on more gullible victims.
But in case he will drop earlier an innocent victim, having REAL difficulties in sending the money or legitimate questions, this would be just great as the lad will drop a potential victim before scamming him/her.
So, the debate could be interesting…

sorry i am not with you, you keep laying everyday lie and new lie from your mouth. Victor Str4sser
We sympathise over your plight with the BIRDS - European Commission
the ploice will be on his side beacuse he is a citizen of NIRGERIA - Henry G0ld
You will be arrested and presecuted as a terrorist - ASS IGP. KOFI JERRY
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support the Motherland! donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 1 year and 3 months
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It has been debated before, many times. I think that, on rare occasions, it is appropriate. If the lad has gone through particular hell, why not. Odds are, he won't fall for another church/tattoo/piece of artwork again. So, burning him is not THAT big of a deal. I wouldn't SPECIFICALLY tell him about baiters, just that the whole thing was a joke. I have had a couple lads that just had to know the mockery that has been made of their story. Rarely have I had anyone question those cases, because they were just too good. And the humilation outweighs any possible laducation.

Never burn a straight bait.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps the major drawback of burning a lad, is if you have used various baiting 'tools' on him.
He is then going to know that they are phoney and eventually their effectiveness is going to be lost.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems from my reading that lads can't comprehend the notion that there is a community of people who do this sort of thing on a regular basis. I think it's best we keep things that way. Very Happy

OTOH, as JoJoBean said, there are times when telling a lad that the hell he's just been through was all for the amusement of the intended "victim" will rub salt in the wounds already inflicted. Humiliation in that case is not a bad thing.

But generally speaking, I (with my vast [in]experience) think that letting the lad cut off a straight bait and dropping the baiter is the better way to go, as it leaves the lad feeling superior. And we all know the proverb: Pride cometh before a fall.

Love-lads, however - I probably wouldn't tell a love-lad that I had been baiting him, but the dynamics of a love bait sort of demand that I dump him and get the last word in - not a burn but an emotional explosion. After all, I am a woman scorned, right? Twisted Evil

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonRichtofen,

Burning lads on a regular basis is counterproductive, in my opinion.
I'm sure most all baiters would agree. Yes, the temptation is huge to do so for a few chuckles and death threats. I agree with that. Sometimes, it's hard "keeping a straight face" and continuing to waste their time, money and energies on you. I've experienced this myself, many times.
One of the ways you can feed your need for that if you want to and cause more pain for the lad in the process, is to work on dolla chops of the lads.
You'll get plenty of enjoyment out of that, and it's usually helpful to you to continue on with the lad. Burning lads should be considered very carefully, and very rarely as Jojo said. The lad considered for burning needs to go through a lot of pain and anguish, months or years of it, and the humiliation of the lad should be the ultimate pain that you can give him. Very few lads even qualify for such an honor.
If you leave 99.9% of your lads wondering what went wrong at the end of the bait, it is to our advantage.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the majority on this one... the drawbacks far outweigh the benefits of burning a bait.
A Simba mentioned, we're also burning the effectiveness of any baiting tools we use, as far as that lad is concerned, and whatever "colleagues" he passes that knowledge on to...

The only time I've ever admitted to baiting a lad was when this one check lad was certain he had caught me red-handed, and he wouldn't listen to any denials.

He was so full of himself that he figured I'd be a very good scammer if I had fooled a "smart fellow like himself" for 2 months.....
So I decided to "confess" and accept his "let's work together" offer, which extended the whole thing another 2 months! Twisted Evil

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Burning a lad is admitting that you can't abuse him any more. I can always dole out a little more to anyone of these losers. Let them slink away wondering why they failed and how much time they've wasted!

guy nawaaa for you oooh
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@the red baron , have you ever rebaited a burned lad again ? Then you would find out if he learned from it . Personely i would never burn a lad , if the bait is over it's over . I would rebait him or just leave him . Some of my lads think i am insane or something and that's good enough for me .

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure if this is considered burning or not. But when I finally got rid of my romance scammer, I let him know, subtly, that I knew he was actually in Kenya even though he'd been telling me for weeks that he was in Nigeria. I haven't heard from him since other than 3 back-to-back phone calls to my cell at midnight my time hahahaha!! Based on what I've been learning here at Eater, I am convinced that he was, in fact, an Oga (do I have that right?). He even tried at one point to recruit me to provide him with listings of charities here in the US that he could contact to have them send things to Africa. He had explicit instructions as to what I was to do. But since I'm so dim-witted *cough* I was simply unable to do that for him. Since I was baiting him without even knowing I was baiting him, there was nothing really for him to learn from me. It was fun while it lasted though.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he had a Nairobi IP, I suspect he was in Nigeria, not Kenya. Was his IP 196 something?

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope. His ip for the last couple months we talked was 77.220.0.156. Readnotify says it is Nairobi, Kenya.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay. There is a range of Nigeria IPs that resolve back to Kenya. This is one: 196.201.151.4

Sorry for the thread jack. Embarassed

Goat

LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guess it's possible he really was in Nigeria. At any rate, he disappeared after that - haven't heard from him since *clapping*
vonRichtofen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I refere only to bait already ended, when the lad is no longer available to trust you wathever you tell him.
Of course I always try to delay and delay that moment to the bitter end! Twisted Evil

sorry i am not with you, you keep laying everyday lie and new lie from your mouth. Victor Str4sser
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support the Motherland! donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I refere only to bait already ended, when the lad is no longer available to trust you wathever you tell him.

That's up to you then, change character+addy and you can recycle the first 10-20 emails to him, as you know the answers you can very preventive block all his efforts before the game gets there, which will make him a tad jumpy, but he can't prove a thing. Then the third time around, you have all the right answers and can do almost anything you want with him as you now know what makes him tick and how you should present it Twisted Evil
But tell him that you baited him, never. Let him deal with his own loss while you bait him again and again.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no need to burn your lad. Let them sit and wonder how they screwed up, never to get a straight answer. That sort of mind f*ck is always better to leave the lad with.

And has been said, now that you know how the lad operates, you already have his script, etc... you can really go to town on the stupid bastard.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Agree

I never burn the lad after a bait.

They know they got burned! Even lads with a brain the size of a grain of salt know they got it up the @ss.

It is a waste of my time to burn them. I rather move on to the next lad.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even though I've only started baiting recently, I wouldn't burn a lad. It makes it harder for me and others to bait them the next time.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I burned Lads when I started baiting, but I gave up quite a while back. It's more satisying to imagine their bewilderment at what went wrong... and educating the Lads is a component now too.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not burn lads
because I have found its better to let them fade away
and keep wondering Question

just recently I've had 3 lads email me after many months asking for the "payment" again, they just do not give up Laughing more pain for them now

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just say no. I've got lads from 2006 that I was sure realized that something was up after the third round of ritual humiliation. I tell them that a new committee member is working on their payment and continue the lad hell.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
vonRichtofen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok people, got your point. It is generally better NOT to burn lads, as there is a slight chance to even see them back - for more pain... Twisted Evil
I eventually found fantastic the final goodbay of some of you (I don't remember who, sorry...) Embarassed
"Yes, and I am still baiting you from TWO different accounts - guess which..."
This sends them into chronic paranoia.
Anyway, thank you all!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic