SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout


WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!


 Split from Radio show thread: Ethics of the Chad Bait

View next topic
View previous topic
 
Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 1337
Location: Hash Conditions


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I do not see the need to get into a scammer's email and assume that all his contacts are scammers as well.


WTF?? What the hell gave you the impression that we were ever in a scammer's e-mail account? We HAVE gotten e-mail addresses of other lads in the same scammer circles as the ones we're baiting, but that's due to MANY side-baits that we use to extract information, and also the fact that when the mugus get fucked enough, they start doing careless shit.


Quote:
Famous for one example will soon have his naked pictures pastered all over the web for no good reason whatsoever.
I followed his chats with 'Anita', aside from wanting to get his rocks off, I dont think he is a scammer.


You don't think we verified that this asshole is a scammer before we set out to ruin his life? Man, get real. We're not baiting to cause any harm to anyone but lads. The thing is, we really hate them. We don't have the same little mushy feeling you get when you think about the poor little scammers. We bleed as much suffering as we can from each one, and none of us give a flying turd whether they're Nigerian thieves/UK Thieves/Ghana thieves, whatever.

I'd apologize for lacking the level of empathy you feel for these poor little creatures, but I honestly can't. They're complete pieces of shit, and I can't wait to destroy Famous. You'll be happy to know that he's not Nigerian though.

Edit: "the" = "that"

_________________
Safari - Ibrahim - Lagos - Parakou - "Find out if there is any western union money transfer from the 5imba camp"
Safari - Mr. Green - Germany - Amsterdam, Holland - "I'll be in a brown check suit and trousers and a brown shoe."
Safari - Mr. Mark - Accra - Tamale - "I thank you so much for the pain,time,money and life that you caused."
Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17

Last edited by Professor So And So on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
maxx
419Eater is my life


Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 281


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You'll be happy to know that he's not Nigerian though.


This one sentence nearly makes your entire argument useless, onyenekwu.

_________________
Mortar x15
"Destiny dressed you this morning and now fear is trying to pull your pants off ." ---The Tick
Trophies
View user's profileSend private message
luckey
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 5629
Location: Check the lost and found


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

onyenekwu wrote:
And at this age people still generalise,about Nigerians all being scammers...


I think that is just another example of the damage scammers can cause: the destruction of the reputation of the good people in their communities.








Edit: once for clarity, once for spelling.

_________________
Moderator: \ˈmä-də-ˌrā-tər\: noun
A material which slows down neutrons after fission to speeds at which their probability for interaction with the fuel material is increased.

Last edited by luckey on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
jojobean
Baiting Guru


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 7586
Location: YOU WILL DRINK YOUR URINE IN A COMERCIAL BUS


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Famous for one example will soon have his naked pictures pastered all over the web for no good reason whatsoever.


As Prof said, he is clearly a scammer. And, you did not read through the whole thread obviously, because I know that I posted his format.

Way to throw it out there. Rolling Eyes

Image

You argument that makes this about race or nationality is a weak one. And, I'm sorry, but scamming is very prevelent there. That is fact. If it was prevelent in the US, I would do it the same. In fact, I get so excited I nearly piss myself when I get an American scammer. In fact, I work harder.

Quote:
neither do I support water boarding terrorists to get them to fess up.


I do, but that's another issue we won't discuss.

Quote:
Scammers and their sympathisers are never in the main stream in the Nigerian society.


Then why are there songs about it? Why is it one of the top 5 industries in the nation?

_________________
Golden Pith Globe T.W.A.T Jack Boot
Christ Safari Ghana-Chad
Miracle Safari Benin-Chad
Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
View user's profileSend private message
e6ffdyr0
Edshu the Fool


Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 2298
Location: Argabuthon


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wright B Hindyou wrote:
We show them that their lying, cheating and deceiving can also lead to a world of pain -- what better way to make them have second thoughts about what they do?


I have my doubt about that. Would not a lad feel even more justified to scam out the last cent of rich European/US people, after they have treated him so badly? I feel good about impeding scammers and to make it impossible for them to succeed. But I do not think that sending them painful experiences will stop them.

There more force you'd use to change me, the more subbornly I would go on with what I did. I guess that is the human nature, burried deep down in our firmware.

So if the lad will not get killed in Chad, he most probably will continue to bait. You may say, it is a good thing for the lad to die, as he then will leave the victims alone. This depends on how you think about viligant/lynch justice and death penalty. But hope that a man changes positivly because you treat him cruel is unrealistic IMHO.

_________________
- any spelling mistakes are intentional -
Sign my guestbook

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
Dutch
Goat hoarder


Joined: 22 Nov 2007
Posts: 4204
Location: Dislocated


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@onyenekwu:

Just curious: the Chad bait aside: what is your general opinion on what we scambaiters do in here? As you probably read our main goal is to waste scammer's time, money and resources of people that try to steal money from us and others.

In my country I'd have them arrested. Unfortunately that's not possible in certain countries, so making them jump through hoops is the only thing that we can do to at least have some. effect. Like other warning websites we attract possible victims that take the time of Google'ing scammer names/ email addresses. We're hoping they smell the coffee before making payments to this scum.

Again: the Chad bait aside: what would your boundaries be in teaching off criminals when law enforcement forsakes?

_________________
SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
View user's profileSend private message
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 14310
Location: Foraging for Nuts.


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

e6ffdyr0 wrote:
Would not a lad feel even more justified to scam out the last cent of rich European/US people, after they have treated him so badly?


He may feel more justified but would he be as successful?
I sincerely doubt that there are that many baits that have caused a lad to go straight (I remember NN having one last year) but they may make the lad think twice whilst he is in the process of scamming. If he's been hurt, he'll hopefully start seeing shadows everywhere.
And that could help a victim to wriggle off the hook.

_________________
Star pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Purple Flower Whip
Safari Jolly Roger Mortar Closed lad accounts Cellphone United Kingdom

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerSkype Name
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru


Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Posts: 11852
Location: UK


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

onyenekwu wrote:
hemp smoking bus conductors


I love that, next time I insult a lad, I am going to call him a hemp smoking bus conductor type Laughing

Onyenekwu should have that as his custom tag Twisted Evil

_________________
Pith Helmet 10 Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Suitcase
40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
View user's profileSend private message
Corona
Eater's sweetheart


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 8633
Location: On ya left!


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^YES! LOL_sign

_________________
Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT GoatGoatGoatEaster EggEaster 2015Mc Fry Mc Fry
Mortarx? Closed lad accountsx? Pith Helmet
Free Pastor Frank
An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
View user's profileSend private message
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 8875
Location: Wherever I lay my hat


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In any ethics thread I'll just pop by now and again to point out that scammers are thieves.

If anyone stole from me I would not put them through a financial review to discover whether or not they were justified on the grounds of poverty to steal from me, as I'm sure they would defend their possessions with similar force, and be totally outraged if I stole from them.

There is not a race or religion or nationality allowed to steal on the grounds of misfortune, historic misdeeds or the fact that they live an oppressed life in a corrupt society.

The amusement caused by baiters, is that the thief is falling for the same line they use on their victims, but baiters are not seeking financial gain from what they do.

It is embarrassing they they should be so stupid, but it should be more embarrassing that they are thieves.

Let's discuss the ethics of thieves first.

_________________
Fake sites killed 1 x Australia 9 x United Kingdom 3 x 168 X Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2011
Pith Helmet - the 'Asparagus Kid' - Accra to Lome - You Must surly Die in The Name Of Jesus Christ
Pith Helmet - Steve - Lagos to Accra
Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
View user's profileSend private messageSkype Name
Stackson
Hello I'm New here!


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Running left


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nurse Nasty wrote:
Stckson - You just won yourself 'New Member First Post of the Year Award' - You're first post just earned you this.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT


Whoo hoo! Thanks for the kind reception, everyone.

onyenekwu, your complaints about bad behavior seem odd, since you're addressing things that are already verboten in this community. I'm a raw newbie, and even so after a brief search I found rules that outlaw all of the issues you're bringing up. So if you're complaining that these issues aren't being recognized or represented here, well, I disagree. And it's not as if people here are shy about raising ethics issues to keep the community honest - I think that's a good thing.

You say:
Quote:
"I do not see the need to bring scammers parents or siblings into a bait."


Well, there are firm rules against the involvement of innocent third parties. I've seen some debate about where exactly the line is, but even the most extreme baiters try not to involve ITPs. ITPs that were involved in the Chad bait thread were involved by the scammer, not the baiter, and usually woud up being not so innocent (i.e. Famous). Is that where the ITP line should be? IT seems like a pretty defensible position.

You say:
Quote:
I do not see the need to get into a scammer's email and assume that all his contacts are scammers as well.


I don't think anybody disagrees with that. After two minutes of looking around I found this under the What is absolutely not allowed heading here:
Quote:
We do not support the sending of viruses and “trojans” to the scammers, nor attempts to hack or hijack their email accounts and/or computers.


Quote:
You: And at this age people still generalise,about Nigerians all being scammers. ... Scammers and their sympathisers are never in the main stream in the Nigerian society.


Again, who disagrees?

Found at the front page of 419 Eater, at this page:
Quote:
Let me be quite clear here; In no way whatsoever do any self respecting 'scambaiters' deliberately target people purely because of the colour of their skin. It is worth noting that it is the 419 criminals who contact us, not the other way around. ...

We are as puzzled as most about why this phenomenon has taken root so firmly, especially in Western and Southern Africa, but there is no question that the problem is not the vast majority of law-abiding people of those countries, but it is a small group of criminals who have taken root there, and it is with those criminals that the problem starts and finishes.


Quote:
You: I know people want to justify whatever they do ... likewise some baiters throw morals under the bus and go the extra mile.


I've only been here a week, but it's already obvious to me that everybody baits differently. Sure, the fascinating Chad bait went farther than most baits, but I don't know that it threw morals under the bus. The baiters checked every new lad to see if they were in fact scammers, they answered questions about ITPs ... they were relentless in torturing the scammers but I don't see that they violated any of what you're talking about here.

Quote:
You: So many instances I have read where innocent parties have been lured into getting involved.Famous for one example will soon have his naked pictures pastered all over the web for no good reason whatsoever. I followed his chats with 'Anita', aside from wanting to get his rocks off, I dont think he is a scammer. In that part of the world,where everyone has got so much time on his hands,you really dont need to prod much to get somebody to cross over. I really do not wish that baiters help the undecided to make up their minds.


So you're saying JoJo, PS&S, and YW lured Famous into scamming with the promise of rich rewards so that they could torture him? (And you're also implying many other cases of this - "so many instances") I didn't see that at all. They checked to see if Famous was a scammer by responding to one of his formats separately. They didn't lure him into anything. Anita didn't offer Famous anything to become a scammer. The fact that he was a scammer was independently checked.

Perhaps your squeamishness comes in from the fact that he didn't try to scam Anita (yet)?

_________________
ERROR: HILARIOUS SIG MATERIAL NOT FOUND
Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private message
capricio
Wannabe Baiter


Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 95


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ e6ffdyr0

I tend to agree with the jist of your post, but at least if a lad figures out that making an honest dollar is a better alternative to scamming, he might reconsider. If baiters make scamming seem unproductive, their frustration will accumulate, and eventually they'll be forced to find honest work if they want to eat. ...just think if baiters actually outnumbered scammers. No amount of torment or humiliation could keep them going down the path indefinately.

Part of me winced when Jojo messed with Adamu's chances at a real job with local customs authority, but at the same time going from scammer directly to a position of public trust wouldn't have been good either. If the job had been driving a truck or something, then I think he should have been left alone. Not that it ever comes up very often, but I think ethically a baiter should not interfere with a scammer's attempts to find honest work.
View user's profileSend private message
jojobean
Baiting Guru


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 7586
Location: YOU WILL DRINK YOUR URINE IN A COMERCIAL BUS


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is my opinion that these scammers would only use their money and power to increase their scamming abilities. I would love to be able to literally run every bit of their lives, making every endeavour they go at a complete failure. I think that would be great. We do try our best to ruin their lives in this exact way.

_________________
Golden Pith Globe T.W.A.T Jack Boot
Christ Safari Ghana-Chad
Miracle Safari Benin-Chad
Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
View user's profileSend private message
capricio
Wannabe Baiter


Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 95


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit to remove quote of previous post. ^^^ it's there. Ima

Just curious more than anything else now... but would you say the same thing about American criminals out on parole? Would you interfere with their efforts to find honest work? Or just assume that they're going be repeat offenders anyways?

Statistically, you may even be proven right, but still... seems like you have to give them the benefit of a doubt where they aren't directly performing criminal activity or at least causing anyone any harm.

We'll never really know, but how long do think most scammers stay "in the game"? My feeling is that a few of them eventually rise to become an oga of some sort, but most eventually fall out of it because they really aren't very good at it. But, much like panning for gold, a few rags to riches tales drives the masses to try their hand at it.

Part of me would like you to control their lives, Jojo. Twisted Evil

(I AM NOT A LADHUGGER!)
View user's profileSend private message
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 8875
Location: Wherever I lay my hat


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
Part of me winced when Jojo messed with Adamu's chances at a real job with local customs authority, but at the same time going from scammer directly to a position of public trust wouldn't have been good either.


Just to mention, I made a call for another baiter a few days ago to a scammer, and he had a job in a hotel and he mentioned that he already had a victim staying there that he was working, so a scammer is likely to use his job, if he can, to further his scamming.

In my job the rule was that if I was involved in any wrongdoing, even if unrelated to my work, I was pretty well guaranteed to be sacked, so why are scammers different ?

They are thieves.

_________________
Fake sites killed 1 x Australia 9 x United Kingdom 3 x 168 X Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2011
Pith Helmet - the 'Asparagus Kid' - Accra to Lome - You Must surly Die in The Name Of Jesus Christ
Pith Helmet - Steve - Lagos to Accra
Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
View user's profileSend private messageSkype Name
jojobean
Baiting Guru


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 7586
Location: YOU WILL DRINK YOUR URINE IN A COMERCIAL BUS


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
Just curious more than anything else now... but would you say the same thing about American criminals out on parole? Would you interfere with their efforts to find honest work? Or just assume that they're going be repeat offenders anyways?


If I knew that the criminal was going to return to their life of crime and use the job to enhance their scamming, I absolutely would. I know that Adamu is actually fairly educated. At least, from what we have seen by his resume. He'll use that money and power to frther his scamming.

I have worked on a LOT of lads. This guy is just a scammer at heart. I would not do this to just ANY lad. There are some lads who I think might actually turn good. I don't know that I have met them, but I suspect some might try to better themselves. Not Adamu. He learned nothing. In fact, he made fun of the church he was stealing from, while rotting in Chad.

And, just for those interested, I do counsel prisoners. Murderers. Rapists. Child molesters. The cream of the crop. I have been doing so for many years. I can say with almost all certainty, that most will be back. I say that because I know it to be fact. Unless someone gets to the root of the problem (the scammers heart that is filled with shit and splinters) then they will never change.

_________________
Golden Pith Globe T.W.A.T Jack Boot
Christ Safari Ghana-Chad
Miracle Safari Benin-Chad
Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
View user's profileSend private message
capricio
Wannabe Baiter


Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 95


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Gomer

With all due respect, your proof is a bit anecdotal. It does, however, illustrate that lads with honest jobs aren't above trying to supplement their income with scamming in their spare time.

Baiters have pretty much a free hand applying vigilante tactics, and sometimes relying on their instincts is probably better than waiting for a scam to play out. But nonetheless, if vigilante justice is going to be applied, shouldn't baiters at least hold themselves to the same standards of evidenciary proof that law enforcement would? Can we really just assume none of these lads wouldn't go straight, and everything they do is done to enhance their scamming?

I just don't like it when the baiters make sweeping generalizations in the same fashion as the huggers.
View user's profileSend private message
Ima Baeder
419Eater Admin


Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 18314


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really dislike being called a vigilante.

Quote:
A vigilante is a person who ignores due process of law and enacts his own form of justice when they deem the response of the authorities to be insufficient.


I do not ignore due process.

_________________
348 Fake Sites killed United StatesUnited KingdomUnited NationsMaltaNigeriaGhanaBeninGermanySouth AfricaRussiaTogoMalaysiaEuropean UnionJapanIvory CoastSpainFranceSwitzerlandChinaCanadaItalyThailand

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
View user's profileSend private message
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 8875
Location: Wherever I lay my hat


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
With all due respect, your proof is a bit anecdotal.


Errr it was anecdotal because it was an anecdote or, as I have both the recording and a written transcript, evidence - so let's call it evidential.

_________________
Fake sites killed 1 x Australia 9 x United Kingdom 3 x 168 X Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2011
Pith Helmet - the 'Asparagus Kid' - Accra to Lome - You Must surly Die in The Name Of Jesus Christ
Pith Helmet - Steve - Lagos to Accra
Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
View user's profileSend private messageSkype Name
jojobean
Baiting Guru


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 7586
Location: YOU WILL DRINK YOUR URINE IN A COMERCIAL BUS


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What more proof do you want? Adamu still scams. I can provide that evidence. Adamu and his colleagues also routinely buy millions of email addresses for their scams. This costs money. Ergo, it is safe for me to assume that if he had even MORE money, he would buy even MORE leads.

We got in pretty close with ND and CZ with some other baits. I can assure you, these are not nice guys. They are very savvy and very successful.

And, the point of being a vigilante is that I DON'T have to go through the red tape of the law. Laughing

_________________
Golden Pith Globe T.W.A.T Jack Boot
Christ Safari Ghana-Chad
Miracle Safari Benin-Chad
Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
View user's profileSend private message
Ralph Wiggum
Master Baiter


Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Location: The People's Republic of California


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@capricio

Quote:
shouldn't baiters at least hold themselves to the same standards of evidenciary proof that law enforcement would


In the U.S., bodies such as the A.C.L.U. and other corrupt law firms have used their talents to castrate law enforcement and the judicial system, favoring the criminal, all in the name of their paycheck. It has gone way past "fair trial" and "due process".

I tend to think that when the system fails, it is up to the citizens to right the ship, whether it be public works, education, or, in this instance, law enforcement. I believe that you cannot rely on your government to protect you. It has done a miserable job of it so far. This is just a small step in the right direction.

_________________
Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x9 Ivory Coast Togo x2 United States x2 Spain x3 Ireland Benin Netherlands Vietnam Flag
pony pony pony
Closed lad accountsx 5
Fake Checks out of circulation - 52K (so far)
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
"The law of cama is still in exixtence and I know what the consequences of your action will be"-Rimi
View user's profileSend private message
Rodus
Baiting Guru


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 3685
Location: Back under the cold shower


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@capricio

It's a lovely idea about all baiters upholding the evideciary standards that LEO's do but quite frankly what more do we need?

Quote:

Calvary greetings Sir
I am Koffi Admula, solicitor to Jackson Brown who left $20 trillion in his will and has no living beneficiaries........


Hey, the sender is a scammer, he's not a solicitor, there is no money and the email has been cc'd to half the planet and his goat. What more evidence do you actually need?
Justice generally does 'fail' the victims of these scams. Those that do report them have little chance of recovering their money as the scammers (like us) operate from behind layers of anonymity. Even if the victim were to have the genuine contact details for the scammer, many of them are based in countries wher coruption and bribery are a way of life. They aren't punished if they dole out a few backhanders to the local constabulary.

On a more general note:
To say that these scammers are shunned in their societies is IMO incorrect, if you research the subject you will see that in many areas of Nigeria (disclaimer: not all Nigerians are scammers) the Lads are treated like local heroes, cheating silly foreigners and making money whilst not doing an honest days work.

The hate mails that were sent to jojo, YW and the prof were most telling and unfortunately not untypical of people who really don't have a clue about the subject and would rather respond with some knee-jerk reactionary bile aimed at the evil baiter and in defense of the poor innocent scammer.
Baiters on this forum have posed as children before to see a lads response and yes the lads will stoop that low, it makes sobering reading.

Fact: Not all victims are greedy, some think they have generally won a lottery, some are desperate, some are lonely and caught up in the lies of a love scammer. Only a percentage of scams are fake inheritence scams that rely on a vics greed.
Fact: People have died, sometimes through suicide. Do you think the lads care? Of course not, only that one source of income has dried up. Vics have also been murdered, they have flown to meet scammers, been kidnapped and then killed. Although meeting these people may be foolish did these people actually deserve to die?
Fact: A lad couldn't give a shit if you're black, white or orange and nor do baiters. The race card gets trotted out again and again by lads and lad-huggers alike. It's bollocks, just ask any love baiter, a high proportion of the vlads they screw with are white. Race is not an issue in baiting.
Fact: The lads are not forced into anything, they do it out of choice and, unlike vics, greed is their primary motivation. Sure we give them a tough time but honestly, if one of my lads was to die on his travels I wouldn't shed a tear. When you've been baiting a while and see the shher pain and misery these bastards cause then most agree that they get what they deserve.
Before newcomers to the eater start criticizing what us baiters do to lads then I suggest they read victims' stories, pop over to scamwarners and read over there too and if you still think that the lads are poor little misguided lambs then I'd suggest you find a different hobby.

_________________
I will kiss you romance u,suck and penetrate u - Williams Muyeke
now am as poor as a church rat - Lou1s Mar1on
I AM FINANCIALLY DEAD RIGHT AWAY - Louis in Accra
u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Ralph Wiggum
Master Baiter


Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 225
Location: The People's Republic of California


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Calvary greeted you today too? My Calvary came in Jesus' name...

Quote:
Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ


Laughing

_________________
Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x9 Ivory Coast Togo x2 United States x2 Spain x3 Ireland Benin Netherlands Vietnam Flag
pony pony pony
Closed lad accountsx 5
Fake Checks out of circulation - 52K (so far)
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
"The law of cama is still in exixtence and I know what the consequences of your action will be"-Rimi
View user's profileSend private message
capricio
Wannabe Baiter


Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 95


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys are getting all pissed off, all I'm trying to say is:

While I'm sure you can all point out specific past examples of lads using their jobs to advance their scamming... taken on balance, a lad with a real job is probably doing less harm than a lad spending all day in the cafe. I'm not speaking specifically about Adamu or Gomer's lad, obviously there are and can be exceptions. But those exceptions shouldn't be used as an excuse to generalize all lads with jobs, and an excuse to disrupt lads from holding legitimate jobs.

Ima:

We can avoid the "V-word", but the definition holds true for what goes on here. The key word not being just "due process" but "due process of law"

Your "due process" is all done in your own mind, not any legal system. I'm not saying that vigilantism is inherently wrong, especially where law enforcement has utterly failed, but lets call a spade a spade. You can embrace the term like Jojo and Ralph, or just ignore it... but don't deny it.
View user's profileSend private message
Rodus
Baiting Guru


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 3685
Location: Back under the cold shower


PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Lads are generally very lazy and don't even want propper jobs. They can earn lots of money from sitting on their arses in a cyber cafe all day so why work for a living. Sorry mate but the simple fact is that any lad worth the name will exploit a real job for his scamming gains. Lads don't turn to the light side, even the ones that jojo sends around the planet.
You say
Quote:
obviously there are and can be exceptions

yes, most lads, 99.9% of them are the exception and it is ok to generalize about lads in this respect, most of them are career criminals.
I suggest you track down a copy of '419 Scam' by Charles Tive as it has some excellent insights into lad culture and mentality.

Oh, and I'm not a vigilante! I'm a renegade. Wink

_________________
I will kiss you romance u,suck and penetrate u - Williams Muyeke
now am as poor as a church rat - Lou1s Mar1on
I AM FINANCIALLY DEAD RIGHT AWAY - Louis in Accra
u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



** Find out information about your IP address **


All Content © 2003 - 419Eater.com
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :S5: FI Theme :: All times are GMT