SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

They have GOLD!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
whoisvirginiawulf
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, another scam where they have a gold company and blah blah. The somewhat interesting part is that they created a very good supposed "news" story regarding it, including ads.

http://business.theage.com.au/business/gold-and-guns-how-a-south-african-murder-led-to-perth-20080601-2khs.html

What was really funny to me was that this is supposedly a newspaper outside the USA, but they had an ad for the company I work for in California!! Only based in California. I clicked on the ad and got a copy of one of our affiliates web sites, not the main site, and certainly NOT the real website address.
Gosh, this seems like a sign to me to bait....

VW

VW
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whois:

The article is real (google the names and you will see many supporting stories), and the site you linked to is a real business news website. The scammers are just using a real article to back a fake story--they have been known to use news articles and/or wikipedia to lend credibility to stories before.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I understand that its a real back story that they are using...Im just not understanding the ad in a country the business doesnt exist in (unless they are just pulling random ads). What I saw was Sutter Health, close to the top right, big ad. Again, not our address...but it started with "click"...so maybe its just random advertising?

VW

VW
retiredengineer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Age is a respected newspaper here in Australia and it looks like the ads may be placed using an ad rotator script and some geolocation, ie an American sees US ads, an Australian sees Oz ads.

I am currently seeing ads for American Express and Citibank, both large corporations in the US and Australia as well as ads for NAB, a large Australian bank.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get flights from my country to Montreal, and a chance to get a job in Australia so I can return - obviously aimed at expats.

A certain dating site keeps popping up on my internet travels, offering me desperate housewives in my town, but if I use a German proxy it offers me fraulines in Dusseldorf...

No way lads are clever enough to make this site, as has been said, they hijack real news items to give credibility to their back story, like if your 'relative' perished in the Concorde crasf, you get a link to an old (real) BBC article on that.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic