SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Split from Secret Shopper Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
smellarat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Geez, only a lousy $1,900.00? My wife got one in the mail for just a hair under 5 Large!
It was drawn from the Bank of Gower in Missouri, a legit bank from what I could find from doing a Google search but the check did also come from the Great White North.
She was to deposit the money right away then start spending it at various places ASAP, The Gap, Wally-world and a few other places including WU Money-gram's.
She just stopped at a local WU dealer in a party store and talked to the owner. He said that he sees at least 4-5 of these a week! One neighbor also got one and tossed his away.
Yes, I'm going to send this thread to my wife. Hi honey! Very Happy
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Smellarat. Very Happy

We try to avoid posting to threads that are more than a couple of weeks old, for a variety of reasons. I've split off your post from this one (which anyone can click to if they want to see the context of your post).

Cheers.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
smellarat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, will do. I had found this one while doing a search on the secret shoppers.
Being a former forum site Mod myself we always encouraged people to use existing threads instead of starting new ones.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries.

Poh-tay-toe; poh-tah-toe. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

smellarat wrote:
Being a former forum site Mod myself we always encouraged people to use existing threads instead of starting new ones.

We do that too, but really only for current threads. With older threads, the members who contributed may not be around anymore, and in the case of a scam related thread, the details of the scam may have gone cold. We find it's a little less confusing to start a new thread and link to the old one.

We do have a few threads that we just keep piling posts into, such as the "Goofy crap your pets wrote that made you laugh" thread.

I know it's confusing, but it seems to work well, and it gives the mods more chances to meet new members. Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic