SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

photography scam

View next topic
View previous topic

auknif
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

these are pretty common esp for wedding photographers I get them all the time. The basic scam is they send you a check for much more than you charge for the wedding, then you send them the balance, and surprise there check bounces. My basic play with these is to see how many emails I can string them along with, before they give up on me and move on. I have one right now though who is about to actually send me the check. What should I do with it when I get it? Also I used to feel good if I got a dozen or so emails from these lads but after discovering this board I feel I need to learn how to string them along and get much more out of them, maybe even some pictures of the happy couple.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, auknif. Smile If the scammers are contacting you through your work, and/or have personal information or contacts for you, I suggest you stop baiting them, and set up an anonymous baiting email address. We have drop boxes available to premium members here, if you want to get the cheque sent to you. We also have a great mentoring prgramme to help you get a feel for how our more experienced baiters achieve the great things they pull off - if you'd like to sign up, the place to go is here.

Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy your time here. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's great that you can spot the attempted scam. Educated people are safer people. Smile That being said, you will no doubt soon see a flurry of posts here all saying the same thing:

Don't attempt to bait these people under your real identity. They have too much information about you from your advertising or wherever they got your contact info.

If you want to do some baiting, welcome aboard! Very Happy Get yourself some fake email addys, read the stickies, ask for a mentor if you want one, grab a lad or five, and bait safe!

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
auknif
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I know, I shouldn't be myself for this stuff but I get so many it's fun to play sometimes. So this guy did send me check, I got it saturday, it's 3k over what I would be billing him. The check oddly enough isn't a fake money order but a business check from a company in Mich. I wonder if I should let them know some ones using there checks, I did some research online and they are a real company or some one really took a lot of time making it look like they are. My next step will be to just call his bluff, I'm kind of sick of him now anyway I think I have like 20 emails between us now. I'm going to tell him I never got the check, and since his wedding is coming so soon and Chicago mail is so poor, I'll just pick up the check from him at the wedding. then it'll be easy to see he's not actually having a wedding, since the hotel or what ever venue he's using won't have it booked for him.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
My next step will be to just call his bluff

I'm not sure that you got what the other members above were getting at, so I'll be a little more blunt. Your next step should be to drop contact. These people are criminals, thieves, and occasionally more. They have your details, and they also have contacts within the States. Do you want a knock at the door from a pissed off criminal with a gun? No? Then bait safe. We ONLY EVER bait with throwaway false details.

Back to my nice persona... Wink
You can still bait these people, just do it from new false details! Welcome to 419eater by the way, you're at the right place to mess with these people. Please just take the time to read the stickies to make sure you are baiting safe. Smile

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic