SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone know of this persona? - UPDATE

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A co-worker was telling me at break today that she met a guy on an Afro-American Romance website; a guy from New York. She said that although he was from New York, he is currently in Nigeria working as a petroleum engineer. He is suppose to visit her here in the U.S. next week. So far she has not given him any money and he has not asked for any. They have talked on the phone both he calling her and she calling him. I am leary of the situation and would like to educate her but first I am wanting to know if anyone has dealt with a person with this background.

Thanks in advance for any information.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!

Last edited by Chibuike on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SCAMMER!
A standard script, next week he will ask her for some money as his paycheck didn't clear in a foreign bank, just to get back home to her Wink
That's how it starts

Chibuike get her safe and stop all contact, if she still has the first emails, some people here might want to help this lad a bit Twisted Evil
Cowgirl3, Titiana and Miatexan have a slight problem with this kind of "friend"

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My tip - If she is believing he really is what he says he is - teach her how to approach her newfound love using a "new" e-mail account and a different persona - she will be flabbergasted with the love of her life sends the same e-mail responses to a new bogus e-mail account. This should prove to her that this is a scammer. Then, of course, tell her to stop all communications with him.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chibuike:
I can guarantee that this man will not be showing up next week. You should tell your friend that this is a very common scammer tactic and tell her that what will happen is that there will be a problem with his visa, or ticket, etc at the last minute and he will need her to send money, probably just a few hundred to start. If you tell her this ahead of time, it will hit home when it comes true.

If you can get information from her, his email address, name he's using, or profile link, we can do research on him and find evidence of his scamming.

Doing what Bruin suggests will work too.

Once she's found out the truth, please send her to Scamwarners to post all of his details so that others will find his information there.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From New York (or anywhere) + is currently in Nigeria + petroleum engineer = scam

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this is not a scammer, I will be extremely surprised.

Advise your co-worker that even for someone who lives down the street, it would be a good idea to google his name, his email address, and any other information she can get from him. Ask her how good his English is - did he have an accent when they talked on the phone? Does he put spaces after commas and periods (many scammers don't)? Do his emails read like love letters from a book? Does his English grammar come and go (with copy-and-paste bits alternating with stuff he writes himself)?

Then offer a prediction: Before his flight to see her, something tragic will happen. He will be robbed, he will fall ill, he will have an accident, he will run out of funds to pay his hotel/airfare, etc. There will be no one else who can help him but her. He will ask her to send him some money by WU or MG.

Then when that actually happens, resist the urge to say, "I told you so." Gently direct her to scamwarners.com (or redirect her, as you surely have directed her there already). And be kind to her.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last night I had the opportunity to talk to my co-worker. I quietly explained about romance scammers and how they worked. I gave her the Eater website as well as another website to view as well as told her about the book Cyber Love's Illusions. She told me last night that we was suppose to fly in this friday. Her lover's company presentation was today and then he would pack tomorrow and fly out friday.

After looking at the book, viewing the websites she decided to phone him and tell him that she wasn't ready to meet him. She suggested a month or two delay which she felt if he was the genuine thing he would understand and wait. This was all left on his answering service last night around 11 pm. This morning while she was getting ready for work he phones her in a panic.

His presentation is due in an hour, his credit card is not working can he please have her credit card number. The WOW factor hit her on the reality of who he was. She played dumb like there was a bad phone connection. She said he was begging her almost crying to get her credit card numbers. Finally she hung up on him, went to her computer and canceled her membership on the online dating service, reported him to the dating service, and sent him an email that should be burning up the lines as we speak.

When she got to work this noon I was the first person she came to see to let me know what happened. She thanked me for talking to her and covering her back. I simply said "I didn't want you to get hurt like so many others".

Thanks, Team, we won this small victory. Now on to the next scammer.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perfect, I like happy endings, she might feel different though, even when she knows better.
I guess I can safely say that hundreds of eater members know what she's going through and wish her all the best.
Thanks for reporting the "happy" ending here.
You can be proud and sleep well to night, you did your good deed for the day. Well Done Exclamation

Edit: hey Mods, do we have a icon for that ? I think that good work should be rewarded. Laughing

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great work! And another romance scam has been revealed and destroyed. Woohooo!!!! clapping
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a week late but what Titiana said is what I would have tried to say had I noticed this then

I love a happy ending and Chibuike, you did a great job of explaining it to your friend.

Now, where is that misinformed Troll to see what goes on here Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic